Producing an ABDL Short Film!

Status
Not open for further replies.
As an ABDL and a screenwriter with a BA in Film Studies, I am definitely interested in this film idea. I know I tossed the idea of writing an ABDL film, but I canned the idea after feeling like it wouldn't work as a film. I feel like it'd be incredibly difficult to write an ABDL film that manages to walk that really thin line that both represents ABDL well and doesn't portray this as a freak show and is interesting and compelling enough to entertain and capture the interest of a general audience, featuring a story that goes beyond ABDL and can be relatable and entertaining. So I'm very interested in seeing what you came up with and would love to see a movie like this come to fruition as it'd definitely be cool to see an ABDL movie, as I'd definitely like to see this be successful.

Gsmax said:
As an ABDL and a screenwriter with a BA in Film Studies, I am definitely interested in this film idea. I know I tossed the idea of writing an ABDL film, but I canned the idea after feeling like it wouldn't work as a film. I feel like it'd be incredibly difficult to write an ABDL film that manages to walk that really thin line that both represents ABDL well and doesn't portray this as a freak show and is interesting and compelling enough to entertain and capture the interest of a general audience, featuring a story that goes beyond ABDL and can be relatable and entertaining. So I'm very interested in seeing what you came up with and would love to see a movie like this come to fruition as it'd definitely be cool to see an ABDL movie, as I'd definitely like to see this be successful.

Yeah I feel like you'd have to gently introduce and ease in the concept to the audience so as not to scare them or freak them out too much, but at the same time not gloss over it. I'd love to see this become really successful. I feel like it would give us a better representation actually in mainstream society for once. Not to put too much pressure on Kik91 :)

Gsmax said:

Hi!! Would you like to see my draft at the script?

babymt said:
We'd love to (at least I would)...

Sure! I'll PM you when I have it complete. I'm going to finish it today. I have 4 drafts previous to this but this is the final shooting script! Thanks a lot!

Lol. I too am also a Cub Film Studies major in my last year and working on my senior film. I would be interested in the screenplay and to see what exactly it's about.

Check out this new ABDL film I just released. [video=youtube;K69Ww2wdgOM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K69Ww2wdgOM[/video]

digibrushstroke said:
Check out this new ABDL film I just released. [video=youtube;K69Ww2wdgOM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K69Ww2wdgOM[/video]

Guessing you didn't quite have the budget Kik91 has :) nah it's really quite good :) I liked it when you spit out the water from the bottle :) :)

- - - Updated - - -

kik91 said:
Sure! I'll PM you when I have it complete. I'm going to finish it today. I have 4 drafts previous to this but this is the final shooting script! Thanks a lot!

can I have a copy too? :eek: please?

digibrushstroke said:

Hey! Congrats, it's really good!

Hye guys, I just finished the script! Whoever wants to read it and give me feedback, send me a PM!

Good luck kik91. We woul like more positive exposure to people in general and this is a good concept. Hope it goes well for you.

Hey kik I want to read this script but I am new to this forum so I am not an established contributer yet. Obviously I can't really give you my email address.

Also generally, I would sort of agree this sort of film is going to be almost impossible to do right. And sadly, if you plan on showing this at film festivals, if you don't get it right it could very well do much more harm than good. It's a real conundrum as well, because even if most people on this website feel like you make a unicorn of a film and get it right, some people inevitably will not.

I was pretty much groaning at the amateur short film posted. I don't really know what the aim was but it certainly doesn't inform anyone of anything. Sorry for being harsh but I feel like it's going to be better to be honest here. And I sincerely hope the person showed is an actor because if its yourself, I'd advise you to take it down immediately. It's simply too risky.

In fact everything about this is risky. Even with a pro budget film that 'does it right', there are credits involved. But then if you were to annonymise everyone, have a strictly informative film/documentary style thing, it would probably get into freak show territory.

Just having thought through all of it I guess I just honestly don't feel a film should exist. Most results I think people would be hoping for from this i.e de stigmatisation etc would be better served by more scientific and academic inquiry rather than works of art.

warpaintedfawn said:
Hey kik I want to read this script but I am new to this forum so I am not an established contributer yet. Obviously I can't really give you my email address.

Also generally, I would sort of agree this sort of film is going to be almost impossible to do right. And sadly, if you plan on showing this at film festivals, if you don't get it right it could very well do much more harm than good. It's a real conundrum as well, because even if most people on this website feel like you make a unicorn of a film and get it right, some people inevitably will not.

I was pretty much groaning at the amateur short film posted. I don't really know what the aim was but it certainly doesn't inform anyone of anything. Sorry for being harsh but I feel like it's going to be better to be honest here. And I sincerely hope the person showed is an actor because if its yourself, I'd advise you to take it down immediately. It's simply too risky.

In fact everything about this is risky. Even with a pro budget film that 'does it right', there are credits involved. But then if you were to annonymise everyone, have a strictly informative film/documentary style thing, it would probably get into freak show territory.

Just having thought through all of it I guess I just honestly don't feel a film should exist. Most results I think people would be hoping for from this i.e de stigmatisation etc would be better served by more scientific and academic inquiry rather than works of art.

Thanks for you words. I understand, and I think you're right. But my short film is NOWHERE like the one poster previously, and all my associates think it has a lot of potential. Don't worry, it can't do more harm that what's been done already with those shows that badly portray us. I thank you for your honesty, and don't worry, I'm not going to play the ABDL, I'm not acting, I'm directing. I'm getting a real actor to do it.

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back