Anyone else find that store brand diapers are better to wet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hello178

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
I've noticed that when i get the store brand diapers and I wet them they tend to get a lot more squishy than the more expensive diapers do. I find this a tad annoying though as they are more expensive for less absorbancy. At the moment though I just use lille classic, iD expert and the attends 10 active.

There barely are any store brands! I can only think of Boots own-brands and that's it...if we're talking ones for adults...that fasten on. bringmesunshine

Uggggh. I can't think of anything worse than store brands. The only good Diapers are mail order around here. Things in stores are usually worth less than a steaming pile of what leaks out of them. :eek!:

It's possible that store brand diapers do in fact get more squishy. Squishiness of the material tends to be linked to saturation because what's squishing is the liquid. A dry diaper is more firm and if you buy a premium diaper a top quality abena or a dry 24/7, it's designed around several wettings so it will stay firm and not too squishy after you use it the first time. On the other hand, most store-brand diapers (depends, attends, the less absorptive tenas) are designed to hold one or at most two wettings before being changed. They're thin and discreet rather than thick and long-lasting. That also means they saturate faster and therefore might get squishier where a premium diaper wouldn't yet.

My experience tells me store brands are not worth my wettings. They will not hold one good wetting and are not comfortable. May as well buy the good ones and be happy.

I would disagree. . .

I have only worn the Walmart store brand and I have found that unless I purposefully flood them, they do not leak.

I have been wearing out of necessity the past couple of weeks due to bedwetting- read my blog post -and despite wetting heavily, they have not leaked.

I will admit that, since I have never tried them, premium diapers may be better, but I find the store brand to work just fine.

I completely agree! I have tried almost all the premium non-ABDL specific diapers available in the US, from Abenas M4s to Molicares etc., and my favorite diaper is still the lowly Depend Protection with Tabs, for the same reason as you stated: when wet, they get squishy and warm and I can actually feel like I've wet myself. With Molicares etc., I'll wet 3 or 4 big soakings and still feel relatively dry.

Before I could afford the Premium diapers, I would have tried the store brands until I noticed that Sam's Club had cases of adult diapers, 48 for about $23.00 including taxes. I found put that I could get about4 wettings before I had to change. I still have a half of a case for when I go out and want tom be more discrete. I may have to go back to them since us old farts are not getting a SS cost of living raise.
hello178 said:
I've noticed that when i get the store brand diapers and I wet them they tend to get a lot more squishy than the more expensive diapers do. I find this a tad annoying though as they are more expensive for less absorbancy. At the moment though I just use lille classic, iD expert and the attends 10 active.

I hate the squish :( I like to feel like I've wet alright, but feeling soaked is so uncomfy to me..
I have a stock of super cheap nappies (35-45 cents per piece) which I only use for one wetting and since they got no PUL in them, they get soggy right away and I do not like it. I change right away.

That is a function of the absorbency of the pad. With the store brand diapers, one wetting basically saturates the diaper. With an Abena M4 for example it might take 2 to 4 wettings depending on size to get to that point, but once you do get to that point you would notice that it would be just about as squishy as the store brand diaper was after one wetting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back