Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Message From The Huggies Company

Exclamation A Message From The Huggies Company

I saw this and thought it might be worth passing on. Maybe some of you have seen the shiny objects they are talking about?:

Thank you all for your continued patience as we work to respond to everyone expressing their concerns and asking questions. Some of you have commented about the shiny particles seen in our wipes. While this condition is not normal, it does happen infrequently during the manufacturing process. When combined, the fibers in our wipes have on occasion created shiny particles, similar to what was found by this parent.

Huggies Wipes have a long history of safe use and we have stringent quality controls in place, and no glass is used during the manufacture of our wipes. As parents ourselves, we know you may have additional questions or concerns, which is why we have created a FAQs page: https://www.huggies.com/en-us/wipes-faq. Please donít hesitate to contact our Consumer Care team directly at http://bit.ly/8ZuAUH or by phone at 1-888-485-6839.

I've not seen the shiny objects, but I'd be pretty concerned if my wipes had small shiny particles that looked like glass. . . Just because no glass is used in the production doesn't mean it can't get in the pack.

Quote Originally Posted by AddyShadows View Post
    I've not seen the shiny objects, but I'd be pretty concerned if my wipes had small shiny particles that looked like glass. . . Just because no glass is used in the production doesn't mean it can't get in the pack.
    Now I'm scared to use them ;~;

Nope, have not noticed anything abnormal with Huggies wipes. It is the only brand I use and I use them for body wipes, face wipes, and to clean my medical stuff. I know another guy who also swears by them who is not an AB/DL. Sometimes I may smell a little bit "little", but that is my only complaint. The naturals are my preference and I buy by the box refill pack.

It's probably nothing to worry about. Some mom some where saw something and it has created a panic. Like the occasional from in someone's salad which turns out to be false. Just keep your eyes open and keep listening to the news and any media releases Huggies has.

Like the media release of tchernobyl causing only 41 deaths?
    You better not believe ANYONE, especially if its about money.

It's always about money. I don't think the PR fallout would go over well if Huggies claimed it's impossible for glass to get into the wipes then recalled wipes due to glass being in them.

I'd be more concerned that whatever causes the shiny particles could cause the fibers to harden into a fiberglass-like material. It would only take one fiber to ruin someone's day.

Huggies is the only wipe we use at our house, and we've been using constantly for the last 9 years, so I'm not too worried about this, especially if Huggies has a reasonable explanation, which I buy.

Well, good thing I use Pampers wipes I guess. I imagine tiny shards of glass might exacerbate your diaper rash a bit.