Status
Not open for further replies.

theQman

Little Guitarist
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
For most of us, one of the biggest parts of being an AB is desiring that sort of tender, loving, parental affection that we experienced as babies and young children. That's a generalization, but I'd say it's pretty accurate. Well, I've been thinking all day, that's really funny considering what I was like as a child.

Around the time I turned 5, I hated, and I mean HATED physical affection (I have no idea what happened, it seemed to just happen over night). Yes, even from my parents. I feel awful saying this, but for most of my childhood, I'd refuse to hug or kiss either one of them. I'd do it if they made me, but they'd really have to make me to do it and I'd be reluctant and very uncomfortable every time. It took a long time to get over it to the point that I can do it without blushing or putting up a fight, but even to this day I'm not very comfortable hugging or showing any affection to my parents, or anyone for that matter. The strange part is I really, really crave affection (both from an AB perspective and a non-AB perspective) but at the same time it makes me uncomfortable.

Does anyone else have this issue? Isn't this kind of ironic considering the nature of ab desires? I'd love to hear any insight on the topic.

I know the feeling. For all of my life I have always hated physical affection, but for some reason I always imagine being cuddled, or hugged. I think for me it's like when you hear about how great something is but when you try it, it isn't as great as you thought it was.

I've always been very particular as to who I'm affectionate with. I am with my wife, and there have been others in my life, but they've been very special to me. I'm also somewhat OCD, so the idea of being that close to someone else makes me uncomfortable. If I go out into stores, when I come home, I always wash my hands.

I enjoy being babied by my wife, but most of it is verbal. Sometimes we'll hug and she'll pat my diapered butt and I like that.

Yes, I'm not very comfortable hugging or showing any affection towards others. Never was and probably never will be.

Receiving affection (of the hugging and kissing type) also bothers me and again, that started when I was much younger.

I'm pretty shy and thus, showing affection like this is very uncomfortable for me.

I hate physical contact. I was the same way in that it took a long time to be able to even hug my parents without pulling away or 'looking for an exit'. To this day, the best I can do is be indifferent and even then I still tense up.

Odd man out here. I love physical contact, esp with my wife (of course). Hugs with my lady friends are wonderful and bro hugs are cool as well.

I was the same, but I was like that from a very small baby! When my mother hugged me I went like.. no and pushed her away as persistently and hard as a baby could and whined until I was let go. I just wanted to crawl on the floor! I was a very active little one x)! There was also no way I was going to sit in someones lap when I was small enough to do so. My parents came to accept it, and my little sibling was SUPER affectionate so they could concentrate on her.

Only now that I'm nearing 30 years old I've become more affectionate.

Oh yeah, one thing I forgot to mention. As I've gotten older, I've noticed I have no problem at all being affectionate towards my younger nieces and nephews. It seems like small children (and dogs and cats as well) are the only people/creatures I'm comfortable being affectionate with. Lol it sounds weird when I say it but it's true. Only reason I can think is that there aren't any real "complex" emotions involved if that makes any sense. No real pressure and it feels more playful and less awkward. still find it strange considering how much I hated affection when I was that age. But then if someone older than me tries to touch me in an endearing way, I feel almost violated. Odd.

dogboy said:
I enjoy being babied by my wife, but most of it is verbal. Sometimes we'll hug and she'll pat my diapered butt and I like that.

This was exactly the same for me when I had an AB Mama. Cuddles were nice, but being talked to as a toddler seemed to do more for my regression and happiness in that headspace than any physical show of affection.

In general, I quite like affection. I enjoy hugs and stuff like that - but I understand why some people find that physical contact quite invasive or embarrassing.

theQman said:
As I've gotten older, I've noticed I have no problem at all being affectionate towards my younger nieces and nephews. It seems like small children (and dogs and cats as well) are the only people/creatures I'm comfortable being affectionate with.

I am also quite affectionate with the cats I have had over the years.

For me, my nieces and nephews have not changed how I dislike affection. I am still a bit defensive and stiff when they come up to me and kiss me good-night or hug me. So for me, age hasn't changed me that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back