Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Diapers and Christianity

Default Diapers and Christianity

First off, please don't let this turn into a debate on whether Christianity is true or not. This is mainly a question for those out there who are Christian and also ABDL. As a devout Christian my whole life, I have always felt guilty about my DL side. I love wearing diapers but whenever I am doing it, there's always a little voice inside telling me I am doing something wrong. There's a scripture that has always bugged me. 1 Corinthians 13:11 "When I was a child, I spoke like a child, thought like a child, and reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I gave up my childish ways." Diapers are obviously "childish ways" unless you are truly incontinent so it has always convicted me. I have also not told my wife of 11 years because she is a good Christian woman who I know would freak out about this side of me. Are there any other Christians who feel this way?

Giving up your child is basically giving up your youth. I don't live my life by a book, life is far too short to do that. If ain't illegal, live the way you wanna live.

I am a Christian and believe the truth shall set you free. Please read the entire chapter straight through and tell us if you still think the same way. So often, people will quote one verse and say that it means something entirely different than it was intended. Paul was telling the church that our understanding was going to mature and grow up. Those "childish" things which we used to think were going to have to be put away when we had better understanding.

In my case, the verse was convicting me that my understanding was still childish. I had not yet studied to show myself approved before God. Diapers were only a small part of it. There was nothing wrong with me wanting to wear and use diapers. The problem was seeking them instead of God for comfort and assurance. Diapers leak and tapes fail. God is perfect. Jesus said that we must come to God like a little child to enter the kingdom of God. Some are better prepared.

After studying more and praying more, I understood more. For me, diapers are not a childish thing. It is a mature way to deal with some parts of my anatomy. They are helpful for allowing me to sleep through the night without worrying about my bladder. They are a clean and sanitary portable potty. I was not made to be without diapers as an adult. Thankfully, there are good diapers to supply my needs. I may be continent, but diapers are not childish to me.

As for telling your wife, pray about it and leave that burden in God's hands. He will direct you and prepare the way. God makes perfect plans. Trust Him. I do not know the answer, but know it will be special to you. God makes all things work together for good for those that love Him...

May God bless you and keep you.

Quote Originally Posted by PaddedInPuyallup View Post
    1 Corinthians 13:11 "When I was a child, I spoke like a child, thought like a child, and reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I gave up my childish ways." Diapers are obviously "childish ways" unless you are truly incontinent so it has always convicted me. I have also not told my wife of 11 years because she is a good Christian woman who I know would freak out about this side of me. Are there any other Christians who feel this way?
    This refers to the infancy of the Christian church and has nothing to do with wearing diapers. The only "sin" is if something keeps you away from God. I suspect that you being a DL doesn't, so pad up, relax and enjoy!

For future reference, if you want to avoid public debates on Christian topics, join the Christian Group. Do it anyway.

As a Christian - this is really a matter of conscience - and between you and the Lord.

What I can say is that in 1 Corinthians 13:11 Paul is speaking about spiritual maturity - and doing so in the form of a metaphor. The church at Corinth was immature in certain areas which Paul addresses throughout this book. The case for maturity is made even clearer when he goes on to say in the following verses: "For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face; now I know in part, but then I will know fully just as I also have been fully known. But now faith, hope, love, abide these three; but the greatest of these is love."

The idea being that you are a child, you are seeing in a mirror dimly - you move from one stage to the next. And that all the showiness of the church at Corinth and immaturity is worthless - that they should abide in Faith, Hope, and Love - and the greatest being in God is love and the behavior in the church at that time was unloving in many ways.

BitterGrey does a good job covering the verses that tend to trip us up:

He rightly points out the verse that is earlier in the book (1 Cor 10:23) - "All things are lawful, but not all things are profitable. All things are lawful, but not all things edify." - while wearing diapers may not be a sin (and I don't believe it is - but is a matter of conscience) it may not benefit us in a productive/spiritual way. It is something we must discern on our own between ourselves, our conscience, and our God.

The verse that comes to mind is Romans 14:14 regarding the above: "I know and am convinced in the Lord Jesus that nothing is unclean in itself; but to him who thinks anything to be unclean, to him it is unclean."

If you believe in your heart of hearts it is wrong - then it is a betrayal on conscience to be ok with it. But if you find liberty in Christ - and believe it is not an idol or stumbling block - it is not wrong. One must follow their conscience after a careful study of scripture.

At the end of the day - wearing diapers and regression (keeping it pure) are not in and of themselves a sin. But we must examine ourselves and our motives - it's a matter of our hearts.

Jeremiah 17:10 - "I, the LORD, search the heart, I test the mind, Even to give to each man according to his ways, According to the results of his deeds."

All that to say I've wrestled with this long and hard for years - please reach out via PM to discuss further.

I think the problem with balancing wearing diapers against the teachings of the church is complicated by the sexual nature associated with regression. I've wrestled with this question as well. I still feel some sense of guilt but not enough to stop. I see my desire as being part of a psychological problem or a psychological need. In that respect, I don't think God will judge me adversely. To not wear diapers would cause me more harm than wearing them. Perhaps it's a psychological crutch, but it helps me to deal with all the stress that is in my life, and thus helps me to be functional. Since it hurts no one, why not.

There is no point in the bible forbidding what kind of underwear you want to use. I can see a grey area if diapers were worn for sexual pleasure, though thats not the case for everyone. Beyond that, I see no reason this would contradict the fundaments of Christianity. I'm not well-read in the bible, but I'm willing to bet there aren't quotes strictly forbidding acting immature in a way that doesn't harm others or yourself. Otherwise, the church might as well ban adults playing video games or watching kids cartoons.

As someone who has been finding salvation with Christianity, I can see how this can be an issue, but this is just my interpretation of the New Testament, but in the short of things, I don't see there being a big deal for a few reasons: 1) there is no harm to anyone or anything. All it is, is a way that your anatomy and subconscious-mind finds pleasure and all it is, is wearing a garment. You do not harm yourself (be sure to clean yourself so you don't get a rash), you do not harm anyone else (some just are not supportive of something they do not understand).

Then there's Romans 3:23-24: "for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus" I would say if you find something guilty, ask for forgiveness from Christ. We are all sinners and fall short, but small things seem to be interpreted to be forgiven once one crosses into the hereafter.

Then the greater scheme of things: no wear does being a DL (or AB) trample upon the heavy sins. Take a look at the world, the major crimes in cities, genocides, wars, political atrocities. Those are the people who will be punished. Just because you like to use a diaper on occasion, it's not a big deal.

There was a quote by a certain C.S. Lewis that said:

Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
    Maybe that might set your mind at ease? The thing about verses is that people take them out of context all the time and assume they mean some rule that they really don't.

For example, the words "Certainly not!" appear a lot in books like Romans. Does that mean you can't do anything at all, ever because those words are in there? That would be silly..! It's all about the context.