Dry 24/7 Size

Status
Not open for further replies.

WBxx

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
As regular bed wetter I’ve used cloth and plastic pants for years with minimal leakage. For a variety of reasons I’ve been trying disposables the last few weeks. To date I’ve had the most success (fewest leaks) with Waddler Overnights. Unfortunately my supply is dwindling and they are currently out of stock in the US.

So I ordered 24/7’s to hold me over. Based on my waist (30”) and comments in the review I ordered size small. Side by side the padding in the small is an inch or so shorter than the medium Waddler. They have plenty of capacity, but so far (two nights) the 24/7 seems more prone to leaking at the waist. This morning my pajamas and bed were more than a little wet. So I’m wondering, might the mediums work better in that the padding will extend further up my body?

Seems disposables work best with small wettings lying on ones back. Problem is I have no control of those variables in my sleep. To that end, wish someone made a premium diaper with more padding in the front & sides for male bed wetting.

Have you used a measuring tape to confirm your hip and waist measurement? Just going off the waist number, the small would be the way to go. However, you may be able to wear the next size larger especially if your hips are above 32". Also, being a tall person would make the extra jump in height not so bad.

The only real way to know would be to order a pack and try them. I wore the larges for a while even though the mediums were really the correct size for me before they started making them all white. It may have been huge on me, but I made it fit ok. The worst that will happen is the top tapes will touch and the height will be ridiculous. On a good note, the absorbent padding will go most of the way around you with the mediums. The front padding width extends to 12".

The sizing of Dry 24/7 may not fit you well and another brand may work better for you. The medium Abena M4 or XPmedical's A+ or Bambino diapers may be better because they are sized between the two Dry sizes. May be a good idea to know to know what works as a secondary diaper in the future.

Finding the correct diaper can one a pain some times, try different diapers and sizes you will find one that fits perfectly. For me the dry 24/7 medium fits me great where the medium in the Abena level 4 are to tight.

Most diaper suppliers will send you different samples, once you find a diaper you like and fits right order a bag to try as tests not a single diaper may help wiith sizing but not with how it feels over time and how it performs.

buying test bags is expensive as you may only use a couple of the diapers before you find they are not what you need but over all, it's worth it to find your perfect diaper that works best for you.

Hi WBXX- so the Dry 24/7 are an excellent diaper/nappy/waddler

The drys seem to fit just slightly larger around the waist. I can kinda manage to get into a medium although my waist is 42".
How does the small fit you aroudn the legs and waist? does it come up close to the navel?
If anything you might try adding a booster pad

If the smalls fit you well, the mediums might be huge on you. Definitely try a sample before investing in more. Honestly, if the small Dry 24/7 have enough capacity and fit you relatively well (or are perhaps just a little too small), I would suggest trying a different brand in a size medium. Dry 24/7s run larger than a lot of other diapers. My top suggestion would be the Northshore supreme. They are a great diaper and the company will send you a 2 diaper sample for free if you ask. Others to try would include the ones mentioned above...Abena level 4, XP medical's Absorbency +, and Bambino Bellissimo.

WBxx said:
Seems disposables work best with small wettings lying on ones back. Problem is I have no control of those variables in my sleep. To that end, wish someone made a premium diaper with more padding in the front & sides for male bed wetting.

go a size up in Dry24/7s or possibly even a larger size XP Medical Absorbency Plus. The A+ are "longer" than most other diapers, providing excellent height of coverage in the front.

Be sure to tape the upper tapes lower than you'd judge normal, so you have a good size "flap" of padding in front to add to the capacity. You may also want to sleep in a onesie to keep said flap from flipping forward and down and leading to a wet spot from wet padding resting on sheets.

Northshore diapers are also long. That's a third brand to try going a size larger in.

WBxx said:
So I ordered 24/7’s to hold me over. Based on my waist (30”) and comments in the review I ordered size small. Side by side the padding in the small is an inch or so shorter than the medium Waddler. They have plenty of capacity, but so far (two nights) the 24/7 seems more prone to leaking at the waist. This morning my pajamas and bed were more than a little wet. So I’m wondering, might the mediums work better in that the padding will extend further up my body?

I had the same experience/problem with the Dry24/7's leaking out the top of the waist band when they shouldn't have. I don't think going up in size would help you, I have a 32" waist and the smalls fit best (like normal mediums). Have you tried Bambino Bellissimo's? They are my number one diaper for many reasons: plastic is strong, tapes are awesome, padding doesn't clump & break apart, they hold alot and handle floods like champs! Also I second trying NorthShore supreme diapers & they will send you a free sample, all you have to do is ask. The problems with the NorthShore supremes and Absorbency plus diapers are weak plastic backing & tapes (not good for tossing & turning at night). They are better "day time" diapers like the Dry24/7's are.

Want to thank everyone that so graciously responded to my question. Based on your suggestions I’ve ordered several samples to evaluate. If none work out, per Bobert I’ll go with Snuggies S.Ex’s till Overnights are back in stock. Again, thanks for the help. This is a good place. :smile:

WBxx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back