24/7 for the weekend - what should I know/do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PrincessSara

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
  3. Little
  4. Carer
have decided saturday through tuesday (saturday evening to wednesday morning) I'm going to try and do diapers 24/7 (well I guess this is 24/4 :p) and was just curious from those with experience both mandatory or for fun, what should I know/be aware of?

aside from airing out like maybe an hour a day I mean, I plan on doing wipes at every change, I can't do powder for sensitivity reasons and I've never found an affordable barrier cream that didn't make it too greasy (I have to wear my diapers not the best because of my proportions...I definitely can't leave the house in them due to how they fit me :( ) plus will have a shower if I mess in them at any point...

but any other tips/tricks/etc you lovely people have/recommend for enjoying the experience? :3

It depends on what you've done before. Trying a new way of messing is an option. Even if you can't normally poop in a position, the time has to come eventually. Time(and food) is your ally.

If you have a problem with fit, duct tape might help.

I think you are fine with what you wrote in your first post: change as needed, shower as needed and air out every day. I think this last point (airing out) is a major key to preventing rashes.

PrincessSara said:
aside from airing out like maybe an hour a day I mean, I plan on doing wipes at every change, I can't do powder for sensitivity reasons and I've never found an affordable barrier cream that didn't make it too greasy (I have to wear my diapers not the best because of my proportions...I definitely can't leave the house in them due to how they fit me :( ) plus will have a shower if I mess in them at any point...

but any other tips/tricks/etc you lovely people have/recommend for enjoying the experience? :3

First off I'd say take this opportunity to see what works better for your sensitivity issue. You have the advantage of bailing out at any point. It's not like you try something and discover while you're at the mall that your skin is now on fire and you can't do anything about it but suffer till you get home.

I use a combination of zeesorb, talc, and cornstarch, in what some might consider a slightly elabortate way, but I've found it works the best for me. Before I put on my diaper for the day, I set it down open on the bed, sit down on it, and lay down a layer of zeesorb in the creases between my legs and crotch, where the front leak guards will be going. I need to do this because my skin seems to attract yeast even when clean and dry. (all over...) This prevents that from flaring up and trust me you don't want to go there. Then I get up and lay my diaper down on the floor below me and generously apply cornstarch to the insides of my thighs and genitals. Cornstarch prevents chaffing from friction, stays dry, and tends not to cause or increase skin irritation, and doesn't dry skin out too aggressively. I've gotten eccema on the insides of my thighs from using talc exclusively down there and drying my skin out too much, and again you don't want to go there. Then I tape up my diaper. Then I pull the left side of my diaper away from my hip and shake in some talc, to keep the unpadded plastic there from smothering my skin and causing sweating, itching, and pimples. Repeat on the right. I use talc here because aggressive drying is called for, because the unpadded plastic will tend to make your skin sweat. Lastly I put a 3-4cc dollop of baby loton on my fingertips and reach in back and apply between my cheeks, to prevent rubbing. (I have issues with my skin rubbing when I walk, in back and down below, "leak guards FTW!")

I found you never want to try to use talc on irritated or damaged skin, it will NOT help, it will dry it out and irritate it further. I tried using lotion as a barrier more on my skin, but it never worked out.

This may seem to some like a complicated "morning ritual", but it's been carefully worked out and tweaked, and lets me enjoy the entire day diapered and comfortable, on a daily basis, with no lasting effects on my skin. My recent change from Totaldry Plus to Snuggies Waddlers for my daytime diaper has forced me to increase the amount of talc on my hips to keep the pimples at bay, because they don't have as effective of a "cloth sheet" lining the inside of their wings and don't let my skin breathe as well. Keep in mind I wear a single diaper a full 9 hours every weekday, with no changes. (though only use occasionally, and then only very late in the afternoon or on the way home)

Reactions: Deleted member 29386
sounds way too complicated for meeeee. and I don't have money right now to go buy stuff I don't already have unfortunately.

plus Diaper Weekend has already started~ in a nice poofy fresh Abena L4 ^_^ not going to leave the house more than to take out the trash until wednesday :3

Pour hot sauce in it :3

Kidding, kidding! =P youve covered all the necessities, so youre good to go. Like others said, maybe try something new, even if its something youre not, erm, biologically doing. Wear different clothes or enjoy an activity you havent enjoyed while wearing. If youre feeling frisky, have some friends over and try to change inconspicuously, or let everyone in on the secret. Those probably arent good ideas but hey, whatever floats your boat :D

Have fun, and watch out for your skin. It's sure to be a great extended weekend. :eek:

Why stay indoors, just put your pants on over your diaper and head out into the world wearing diapers 24/7 is no problem no one notices or cares you are wearing a diaper.

The first few times you are going to be nervous but after a while you won't worry about your diaper.
Just wear dark coloured pants, a longer then normal shirt and you are good to go.

Rob110 said:
Why stay indoors, just put your pants on over your diaper and head out into the world wearing diapers 24/7 is no problem no one notices or cares you are wearing a diaper.

The first few times you are going to be nervous but after a while you won't worry about your diaper.
Just wear dark coloured pants, a longer then normal shirt and you are good to go.

read OP. it's an issue of them sliding down off my gut and fitting comfortably (ever) after walking more than short distances. I have weird body proportions. deal with it.

Sorry I missed the part they don't fit properly, I have a similar issue where my diapers slide down due to my stomach, I use Ducktape around middle of my diaper below my tummy to help keep it snug and it helps also wearing underware over top of them when I am out also helps keep them In place.

bambinod said:
Then I pull the left side of my diaper away from my hip and shake in some talc, to keep the unpadded plastic there from smothering my skin and causing sweating, itching, and pimples. Repeat on the right. I use talc here because aggressive drying is called for, because the unpadded plastic will tend to make your skin sweat.

This is something I wish I was told from the start <__< I never get any problems anywhere else but the hips! I have to DROWN them in baby powder to prevent problems.

TyphaHare said:
This is something I wish I was told from the start <__< I never get any problems anywhere else but the hips! I have to DROWN them in baby powder to prevent problems.

Talc works much better than cornstarch, if that's what you're using

Just change and clean yourself, but just wear and listen to your body's urges and fulfill them

bambinod said:

Yeah, I use talc. Usually the cheapest brand baby power available :') Never tried starch since people have scared me to think it causes yeast easily! Should try and see how it fits my skin, though!

bambinod said:

nice threadjack /s

sadly this past weekend kinda failed, stuff came up that required my attention, I'm gonna try and do a 3 1/2 day retry friday evening onward to tuesday mid day, we'll see how it goes :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back