Status
Not open for further replies.

HugMuffees

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Hmm... how to start this. I've always been rather introverted even as a child and I'm cool with that. I had friends but usually wasn't the one who initiated them.

Apparently while my brother was trying to impress girls back when we were little, but I'd draw and they'd develop crushes on me. I never really noticed until my mom pointed it out the other day. I'm really bad at picking up on those cues :sweatdrop: maybe if she offered a quick diaper change.

The thing is I got really shy later in grade school due to some crazy life circumstances. I didn't really think of it as a problem, but by junior high I started to love diapers and things got really out of hand. The binge purge turned my shyness into full on social phobia. I haven't really had friends since grade school at all really. The loneliness both romantically and socially is quite hard to deal with. At least I'm being honest with myself now and my love of diapers and baby treatment.

Anyone else on here have social isolation issues? Do you think abdl has an effect on this stuff?

With the exception of girls having crushes on me, you sound exactly like me when I was younger. I've always been extremely shy, introverted, and just plain socially awkward. It was really bad in elementary school, because I really wanted to make friends but when I'd open up and be myself around people, they'd think I was weird and either reject me or make fun of me. That rejection lead to bad self esteem issues down the road, and that only caused me to become even more socially anxious. I was lucky enough to find a friend or two in middle school to get me through everything and I was actually very social for most of highschool. However, now I'm drifting apart from them (They treat me like crap and all they ever do is get high), and I'm starting to isolate myself again.

I don't think there is any direct correlation between ab/dl and social isolation, but I believe it's possible for ab/dl to exacerbate social isolation. For those of us who discovered this side of us as children, it can be a big load to carry. These feelings are so overwhelming but we still have to keep them from all our closest friends and family. For me personally, this inability to fully open up to anyone actually caused me to develop a fear of getting close to people, even people I trust completely. So, speaking from experience, I suppose they can be related, but it really depends on the person and the individual situation.

My social isolation comes from the fact that I was homeschooled all my life. My parents never forced me to try to make friends either, so for most of my childhood and adolescence I had little contact with people my own age. I still don't have any real-life friends.

I think my isolation may have played a part in developing my adult baby side. Maybe if I'd developed friendships and had my emotional needs satisfied, I wouldn't have had them culminate in this desire to be cared for. For all I know it made me asexual as well. I figure perhaps I couldn't become attracted to what I didn't know.

You'll find that many deal with feelings of loneliness and isolation. Some of it is self-selecting, given the relationship between being introverted and using the internet. And some may very well be related to the weight of carrying ABDL on one's shoulder. But truthfully, I just feel there are a LOT of lonely people out there, everywhere... It's kind of part of being human.

I've never had a friend, for example. As in, my cell phone does nothing, and has never done nothing, but wake me up in the morning. My isolation is caused by difficulty with intimacy due to years of physical and emotional abuse as a child. Which coincidentally is also how I feel the seeds of regressive baby behavior came to be implanted in me in the first place. So in a way, my social isolation is related to ABDL, but maybe not caused by it, directly. But that is just my situation. I don't believe most ABDL were abused.

For what it is worth, though, this experience has allowed me to learn to be comfortable on my own. It is still a work in progress, and yes, I do feel lonely, quite often. But I enjoy my own company, and I enjoy the little glimpses I get to be with others. -- And I have the fringe benefit of being able to say that I am 26 years old and saving my first kiss for prince charming. :cheekkiss:

Lemons into lemonade, you know?

All you can truly do is picture the life you want, and work on yourself a little bit at a time to make that world a reality.

theQman said:
With the exception of girls having crushes on me, you sound exactly like me when I was younger. I've always been extremely shy, introverted, and just plain socially awkward. It was really bad in elementary school, because I really wanted to make friends but when I'd open up and be myself around people, they'd think I was weird and either reject me or make fun of me. That rejection lead to bad self esteem issues down the road, and that only caused me to become even more socially anxious. I was lucky enough to find a friend or two in middle school to get me through everything and I was actually very social for most of highschool. However, now I'm drifting apart from them (They treat me like crap and all they ever do is get high), and I'm starting to isolate myself again.

I don't think there is any direct correlation between ab/dl and social isolation, but I believe it's possible for ab/dl to exacerbate social isolation. For those of us who discovered this side of us as children, it can be a big load to carry. These feelings are so overwhelming but we still have to keep them from all our closest friends and family. For me personally, this inability to fully open up to anyone actually caused me to develop a fear of getting close to people, even people I trust completely. So, speaking from experience, I suppose they can be related, but it really depends on the person and the individual situation.

I can't agree with this more. Sounds a lot like my experience with social awkwardness and being an introvert. I know there are times that I just can't stand being around anyone and just want to indulge in my baby side. But yes, I feel this accurately sums up how I've been.

KimbaStarshine said:
For all I know it made me asexual as well. I figure perhaps I couldn't become attracted to what I didn't know.

It has for me too, especially since I recently came to the realization that I'm asexual and can't exactly deal with the thought of a sexual relationship. I just can't.

KimbaStarshine said:
For all I know it made me asexual as well. I figure perhaps I couldn't become attracted to what I didn't know.
I can seriously relate to this. It's odd, I had a big crush on a girl once in my life but nothing ever came of it, and as I got older and kept dicing deeper into my ab/dl desires, my attraction to girls seemed to fade into the background. Now that attraction seems to just be gone completely. I really wonder if my love for diapers caused me to become asexual.

Introversion, social awkwardness, dealing with really deep and peculiar feelings at a very young age, feeling alone in these feelings, all things I can certainly relate too. It would seem that many here share similar experiences, but not sure about the correlation to being ABDL.
I have in the past and still now struggle with social awkwardness. Even when people are attracted to me through things I have to offer, I don't seem to be able to maintain the connections and shy away. I'm just super happy to have found someone that I have connected with. I do try to put myself out there, especially since I know that the shyness is holding me back, but it's not easy. I get really annoyed with myself when I see less capable people kicking major goals just because of their self confidence. Oh well I guess it's just a case of keep trying. Kudos to everyone having a go.

I'm suddenly not feeling so good about this whole thing. I really want to change. I've had crushes and experienced bouts where the shyness lifts, but they were always on the end of the purge phases. On the last purge I even had normal attraction to girls. I think my abdlism isn't a cause but a way of coping with it all. uhm I gotta think about all of this.

theQman said:
I can seriously relate to this. It's odd, I had a big crush on a girl once in my life but nothing ever came of it, and as I got older and kept dicing deeper into my ab/dl desires, my attraction to girls seemed to fade into the background. Now that attraction seems to just be gone completely. I really wonder if my love for diapers caused me to become asexual.

I wouldn't say the diapers played a part in making my sexuality, as my desire to actually wear is only a couple years old. I just sort of realized that I didn't have the same sorts of feelings towards other people as other people did. My fetishes were my sexual outlet. I can become romantically attracted to guys, but the sexual side isn't there.

HugMuffees said:
I'm suddenly not feeling so good about this whole thing. I really want to change. I've had crushes and experienced bouts where the shyness lifts, but they were always on the end of the purge phases. On the last purge I even had normal attraction to girls. I think my abdlism isn't a cause but a way of coping with it all. uhm I gotta think about all of this.

I think this sounds like something you need in your life. The thing is that you won't change from being an introvert, but that's ok, cause introverts can have amazing close relationships with just one other person (that's what they excel at...even in a crowd) the thing is you've just got to get up the courage and determination to put yourself in situations where you can meet someone.

yeah I don't have any sexual desire either never had trouble making friends in school but in college its tough making friends people are very high strung so now I know how isolation feels. The abdl part of me I've had since I was a kid no idea why could be due to abuse or parents hardly being around who knows but I don't regret it one bit made me the great guy I am today ^_^

I am autistic, and social isolation is rather normal for me.

My parents are social, my sister is social, I am not. Why - I don't know.

I had a really good friend in Kindergarten but he then moved away. Since then, I have had many acquaintances but no friends. I just was so much more comfortable being alone.

I was not athletic, so school boys would not invite me to play sports during recess. Although my parents were ok, they were not up-to-date with fashion (I personally could care less) but that also made me not 'normal'.

To top it off, I wet the bed so I never wanted to invite anyone over to my house.

All of this during my childhood and I am still social awkwardness and an introvert.

But, although a did like to play with diapers occasionally when I was younger, the main joy did not occur until much later and AB tendencies even later. So I don't think (for me) ABDL followed from being an introvert.

However, like someone said previously, it has helped me with stress.

I'm very "wolf alone." I've a few friends, but reaaly my contacts with another people are limited to satisface my (mostly material) needs. Guess I can apeer some kind of "very sociable," when I seek for females. And there's a problem: If I admit for a while some serious relation, so I've to accept "stupidities" of that supposed GF. Obviously she's to do the same with me. The thing is my "strange vicious."

So yes, I'm most part of time alone, me and my VW.

Lonely ? - Sometimes, when I think about some part of my dark past, but not because ABDL part of myself. There're some more terrible things, which ruined my life.

I have no trouble talking with people. People i know, don,t know, i great skills at socializing and not afraid to do so at all. But, here i am, today, being alone at home, having some friends but i am not seeing people very often and all. I used to see a lot of people but after a while i turned back to my: I will see as less people as i can life style. And why you may ask? People are assholes. The end.

I used to be a hikkikomory in my late teen years, for a several years I just couldn't leave my home, so I'm very familiar with social loneliness and social isolation. I'm not 100% sure I have completely overgrown it, though now I feel okay in noisy companies of people.. All in all, loneliness is just a state of mind, sometimes I feel lonely around my friends, other times when I'm all alone I don't. And when it bothers me too much, I know how to turn it off. I'm also an introvert and I need some space where I can be alone to myself.

As a painter myself, I think loneliness has it's pros and is a good source for my paintings. I just do my best not to let it turn into isolation. Human is not an island, to move further, I need to visit exhibitions, meet other painters, to engage and be engaged into the process. I like to travel, but most often I'm rather in a role of observer than a participant of anything.

My ABDL side, I think it was rather an effect than a cause of my loneliness.. Maybe just an independent part of me.. Anyway, I feel okay with both - being ABDL and feeling lonely sometimes :)

Whilst I think there's probably some correlation between loneliness and a penchant for behaviours and mind-states where we're enacting much less serious and less self-conscious thoughts, the ABDL community is too vast and diverse to ascribe any hard and fast characteristics to us as a whole.

I'm a bit lonely sometimes, though I think even if I had the opportunity to build more relationships, I probably wouldn't. I'm just not especially social. I don't dislike most people, but just prefer my own company the majority of the time. I guess that's conducive to indulging in childlike behaviours where I'm away from the gaze of other people, but I don't think there's much to suggest that the fact I prefer being by myself has anything to do with liking feeling little or the softness of a cuddly toy.

This is a good topic with great responses. I've noticed, mostly from visiting various forums, ABDLs are usually, but not always, more on the introverted and isolated side.

I myself am definitely a natural introvert and like isolation. I can feel awkward and uncomfortable around people so I usually don't like to be around people. I considered this a weakness of mine and as such put effort into being social during high school and college. As a result it worked out for me and now I got a lot of friends and while I honestly still feel the same about being around people, I can cope with it much better and at least know I'm capable of being social.

I'm not asexual, but I've haven't had any nor do I feel a super strong desire for a serious relationship. I'm also bad at picking up and responding to signals and I already lack confidence in social situations, so that doubles with the ladies. There've been times when I've missed opportunities to have relations (both physical and emotional). Honestly, it's pretty unlikely there's someone out there I can love more than myself and I'm okay with that.

Overall there are different types of people. Most people feel lonely at some point but there are some who rarely if ever do and then there are people who prefer it and then there are people that always have to be surrounded by other people. As far as it goes in the ABDL community I'd say there's a correlation, but that doesn't mean it's a causation. But everyone feels differently at different points depending on experiences and their current environment. Also people can change, maybe someone might be a happy 1 person Wolf Pack but 20 or 30 years later they got a family and are hosting block parties in their neighborhood.

We have had similar experiences when we were younger. I'm really shy and introverted as well and to this day I only have friends have because they initiated the first encounter. I also have a really hard time uttering a word to girls, to be honest I am a little bit afraid of them. I also have a speech impediment so I tend not to talk a lot and people tell me that I am too serious. A good time for me is sitting at home a lone or with a few close friends.
I do have a little bit of social loneliness/awkwardness but do not think AB/DL played a part in it as it has been there for as long as I can remember. Even way back in grade school I never talked to anyone and I never had any real friends until I got to high school. When I discovered my diaper fetish not much changed except for the fact that I started wearing diapers.

With me lately I seem more Asexual than Gay.
I am very frightened of intimacy and being touched in the area inside my diaper(s).
As I have aged, my Autism has gotten worse, and I recoil from social contact with
others, except for persons I know face-to-face in the Autism and Cerebral Palsy
Disability Communities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back