Plastic or cotton feel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick24798

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
Am I the only one who prefers the feel of cloth backed nappies as opposed to plastic backed?

I just don't like them that much, to me it feels like sitting in a carrier - bag from the supermarket.

Yep, it's just you.

Okay, it's not just you, I just think it should be. I don't understand how anyone could prefer clothlike covers but I'm sure it's as wacky to someone who doesn't like diapers how I could enjoy them at all, much less prefer plastic backed to clothlike. Just be glad you can get what you like. When I was your age, I never thought there would be diapers of any kind that would really fit me. We're living in a great time, where a wide variety of desires can be satiated with relative ease. Make the most of it!

I've only had the opportunity to wear plastic backed, but i'm dying to get my hands on some cloth backed ones. I think i will prefer them, but i could be wrong. Is it true they leak really easily? From what i've read, it sounds like if I use one i may as well just have underwear on...

BlueSky said:
I've only had the opportunity to wear plastic backed, but i'm dying to get my hands on some cloth backed ones. I think i will prefer them, but i could be wrong. Is it true they leak really easily? From what i've read, it sounds like if I use one i may as well just have underwear on...

To be fair, I don't think they leak so much as weep or sweat. The moisture eventually finds a way, but it's not quick or pointed. Bear those risks in mind but with appropriate care, it's probably not going to keep you from whatever you really desire.

I tried the cloth backed Abena airs, they were ok but the cloth always felt damp after a wetting to me, I am now wearing plastic backed Dry 24/7's 100% of the time now.

I LOVE plastic-backed ones, absolutely my fave :) But I do use cloth for nighttime. It's super hard for me to feel comfy in bed, it's always too hot for me! I'm an outdoors person so that might be the reason.

BlueSky said:
Is it true they leak really easily?

Allegedly some do, but I've only ever used Tena cloth backed and I've never experienced dampness or sweating, so your mileage may vary.

I'm not saying I hate plastic backed, I just prefer the cotton feel.

- - - Updated - - -

BlueSky said:

No, they don't leak that easily, well maybe after a heavy wetting.

Nick24798 said:
I'm not saying I hate plastic backed, I just prefer the cotton feel.

- - - Updated - - -

No, they don't leak that easily, well maybe after a heavy wetting.

i would wear plastic pants with cloth, if out in public.

To each their own, but I always prefer plastice

I LOVE plastic but I've never liked cloth.

Reactions: DiaperTV
I like the softer feeling of cloth backed diapers occasionally. The biggest problem I have with them is that they stretch and I like my diapers snug throughout wear. They can go on snug but after an hour or two they start to stretch and then sag, regardless of being wet or not.

Then there's the smell issue: I tend to notice they seep odor more easily than plastic backed diapers.

Well it official , I think I'm the only one :(

Actually I tend to prefer the cloth backed as well. The plastic always seems to be to hot or bug my skin more. I'm also not a huge fan of super thick, as I prefer to change at least every 4-6 hours if using.

You're not alone, Nick24798. I prefer cloth-backed as well. :) I have VERY sensitive skin, and whenever I find myself in a disposable (not often, but occasionally), it needs to be cloth-backed, or else I will rash up very badly. The breathability, especially on the sides, is important.

I tend to like the "feel" of plastic more, honestly, but I like it in the same way that I like those baby sensory toys that make crinkly noises when you fiddle with them. It's nice, but I'd much rather have clear skin.

I love the sound of the plastic when I'm alone or going to sleep with just my wife. However, I feel like I have to wear underwear on top of plastic-outer covered diapers because they stick to my thighs and rub, which is uncomfortable.

Mostly for daytime I'll use a cloth-like outer cover. Honestly, I really like the Depend Real Fit for daytime use. They have the cotton-like cover and I find them quite comfortable. So for the sound/experience I prefer the plastic-backed, but for actual use over hours of time (if I'm awake) I prefer the cloth-like covered.

Ally said:
You're not alone, Nick24798. I prefer cloth-backed as well. :) I have VERY sensitive skin, and whenever I find myself in a disposable (not often, but occasionally), it needs to be cloth-backed, or else I will rash up very badly. The breathability, especially on the sides, is important.

I tend to like the "feel" of plastic more, honestly, but I like it in the same way that I like those baby sensory toys that make crinkly noises when you fiddle with them. It's nice, but I'd much rather have clear skin.

Wow thanks, guess I'm not the only one

I prefer plastic.

I have never used cloth-backed diapers but I do find the 'feel' of the plastic on a plastic-backed diaper very refreshing and pleasant. Many people (certainly not all) have reported the weeping of moisture from cloth-backed diapers so I won't go out-of-my-way to try them.

Plastic! But that is because I am old and that was what disposable diapers were when I was growing up. Many younger folk associate cloth-like covers with the diapers they grew up in, of course.

I just hope that plastic-backed diapers remain available :)

I'm a plastic guy too . I really do believe that is because that is what i wore at a young age , I am 31 now so I am an 80's baby who grew up on pampers plastic .i have tried loth backed besides no crinkle sounds they just don't feel as good to me .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back