Plastic or cotton feel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
PadsnPullups said:
I'm really surprised that nobody has really talked about the hybrids with the plastic center (cloth covered) and cloth only sides.

because most people consider them complete garbage? I am working slowly through a case of tena slip maxi with clothlike sides. Useless during the day, the cloth won't stretch one mm when taping up, but slowly slacks all day, and it's trying to fall down one of your pant legs within a few hrs. no bueno. usable overnight.

I really miss Tena Maxi in plastic :( but it IS the best cloth diaper there is! I like to use them for overnight, but the problem is that it also lets smell trough. Then I'd have to protect my stuff by putting on plastic pants and then I'd be just as hot as I was with plastic disposable nappies.. meh. But yeah, they are better for hot nights!
I never mess so the wicking and smell is not that much of a problem.
I live in an area where it is really cold most of the time so plastic disposables are no trouble at all.

I like both. I was born in the early 90's and had a bit of both (I think, but I know something had plastic). If I want something smooth and cool I normally go with plastic backed. If I want something for all day use that will be breathable, or if it is hot at night, I go with the cotton backed.

I used to exclusively buy plastic backed diapers. Abena M4s and Molicare Super Plus were my favourites. Then one time I ordered some cloth backed Molicare Soft Supers, and that changed my whole outlook on cloth backed diapers. The way the cloth sides held and hugged me was so much more comfortable than plastic backed diapers that I now use cloth most of the time. Weeping has not been a problem for me, and I don't seem to leak any more than when I wore plastic. Tena Supers are also good, although the Molicare Soft Supers are my favourite as they are extremely comfortable.

I haven't worn plastic since I was a toddler, I use to wear those vintage Barney Luvs

I can't remember what I got but It had a plastic back which almost felt cloth like

IMO

Cloth feels ok and breaths better in warmer weather

Plastic feels nicer and (usually) locks in smell better too

Flutters said:
I haven't worn plastic since I was a toddler, I use to wear those vintage Barney Luvs
I used those on my kids. Now they are vintage? Too bad I wore them all. I remember buying so many and sent in the proof of purchase to get the Barney they were giving away. They sent all my proofs back and sent a cardboard castle instead. Never saw another proofs promotion so I kept those proofs a long time.

It seems rare when an ABDL likes cloth backed. But, many like pull-ups and they are cloth. I think for many it depends on what was most prevalent when you were a young child, right? Plastics benefits are that it does contain odor and sagging better, it glides on your thighs, it glides on your bedding/clothes, and crinkles! Only pro i have for cloth is its more discreet (but plastic is easy enough to disguise). Has there been a survey? It would be interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back