Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Plastic or cotton feel?

Default Plastic or cotton feel?

Am I the only one who prefers the feel of cloth backed nappies as opposed to plastic backed?

I just don't like them that much, to me it feels like sitting in a carrier - bag from the supermarket.

Yep, it's just you.

Okay, it's not just you, I just think it should be. I don't understand how anyone could prefer clothlike covers but I'm sure it's as wacky to someone who doesn't like diapers how I could enjoy them at all, much less prefer plastic backed to clothlike. Just be glad you can get what you like. When I was your age, I never thought there would be diapers of any kind that would really fit me. We're living in a great time, where a wide variety of desires can be satiated with relative ease. Make the most of it!

I've only had the opportunity to wear plastic backed, but i'm dying to get my hands on some cloth backed ones. I think i will prefer them, but i could be wrong. Is it true they leak really easily? From what i've read, it sounds like if I use one i may as well just have underwear on...

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSky View Post
    I've only had the opportunity to wear plastic backed, but i'm dying to get my hands on some cloth backed ones. I think i will prefer them, but i could be wrong. Is it true they leak really easily? From what i've read, it sounds like if I use one i may as well just have underwear on...
    To be fair, I don't think they leak so much as weep or sweat. The moisture eventually finds a way, but it's not quick or pointed. Bear those risks in mind but with appropriate care, it's probably not going to keep you from whatever you really desire.

I tried the cloth backed Abena airs, they were ok but the cloth always felt damp after a wetting to me, I am now wearing plastic backed Dry 24/7's 100% of the time now.

I LOVE plastic-backed ones, absolutely my fave But I do use cloth for nighttime. It's super hard for me to feel comfy in bed, it's always too hot for me! I'm an outdoors person so that might be the reason.

Is it true they leak really easily?
    Allegedly some do, but I've only ever used Tena cloth backed and I've never experienced dampness or sweating, so your mileage may vary.

I'm not saying I hate plastic backed, I just prefer the cotton feel.

- - - Updated - - -

No, they don't leak that easily, well maybe after a heavy wetting.

sherryt

Quote Originally Posted by Nick24798 View Post
    I'm not saying I hate plastic backed, I just prefer the cotton feel.

- - - Updated - - -

No, they don't leak that easily, well maybe after a heavy wetting.
    i would wear plastic pants with cloth, if out in public.