Thread: The sense of self and diapers.

Default The sense of self and diapers.

A whole ago I was thinking about the sense of self and how diapers are linked to that idea. For me, I feel that a part of me is missing when diapers aren't involved, but on the other hand, I don't like the way I feel after having sexually satisfying myself while wearing said diapers. I feel like I'm being pulled apart. Not sure what else to do or try. Anyone ever feel that way?

I have never felt that way but I can guarantee you within the next 4 hours of this post someone will tell you yes because I have seen this kind of thread before in the past. Don't feel ashamed about that because the shame is useless and counter productive. You are definitely not alone when it comes to feeling this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Asche007 View Post
    A whole ago I was thinking about the sense of self and how diapers are linked to that idea. For me, I feel that a part of me is missing when diapers aren't involved, but on the other hand, I don't like the way I feel after having sexually satisfying myself while wearing said diapers. I feel like I'm being pulled apart. Not sure what else to do or try. Anyone ever feel that way?
    I do indeed have the same problem as you addressed. After the moment, it's like I wanted nothing to do with diapers afterwards. It's a mix of guilt and some type of reaction after sexual activity is done.

It's only short term for me, within an hour or so I'll be fine. I'll move on from the feeling and I could wear a diaper without guilt and regret (or continue).

Sometimes it's a longer period of time, sometimes days, but sometimes I get the satisfaction out of the way if I'm going to be around family and friends.

I've prolonged my time before climax by just do something or think of something that takes my mind off of diapers for awhile.

You could experiment with chastity, it might be something you may like.

I've limited my self pleasuring so that I can keep enjoying diapers and regression, day after day. Of course, that's a lot easier when you're 67.

For what it's worth, it's pretty common for people to experience a change in mindset after pleasuring themselves. Or, to be more blunt, guilt after sex is extremely common, including in people who are totally vanilla as well as people with fetishes and more unusual interests. The only real way around that is to come to terms with yourself and your feelings, which is a slow process of self-reflection and self-acceptance.

I have a very similar sense of self. I'm an adult with a job and family, friends, hobbies and so forth. But there's also a part of me that's very little and hasn't quite got the hang of potty training yet, that really needs to have a plushie to sleep with and wants to be warm and affectionate and snuggle with someone.

Martin Luther King said that a strong man bears within his character anitheses strongly marked. And I think what he meant is that no one person can really be purely one thing or another. If you were just an adult, whatever ideal you have of that in your head, you wouldn't really be human. If you were only strong all the time, you wouldn't be complete. ABDLs express the child within us in a certain physical way with a few unusual props, but we hold those same opposites that everyone does: strong and weak, confident and shy, aggressive and passive. So, I think celebrating these different parts of ourselves might be the right thing to do. Rather than try and eliminate one or feel guilt, we ought to try and reconcile them as parts of a greater whole.

I used to feel the same way, but then i started sleeping in them more often than not. Now I don't have any bad feelings when wearing them

I have long ago stopped caring about this kinda thing!
    How? Why? Simple! It's an equation.
    Is it something that brings you pleasure and is anyone getting hurt by what you do? If the answer is no, it does not hurt anyone, you should be quilt-free !

Society conditions us to feel bad about being different, but you can let go of it by always reminding yourself "I like it, and I hurt no one!"