Status
Not open for further replies.

NorthShoreAdam

Rep for NorthShore
Company Rep
Role
  1. Other
We now have size large available of the new NorthShore Supreme Lite Briefs at:

http://www.northshorecare.com/diapers/fitteds1/northshore-supreme-lite-briefs.html

They are the same sizing and construction as the popular NorthShore Supreme (plastic-backed) briefs, but less bulky and ideal for daytime (or night) use. We had many requests from Supreme users for a less bulky version for daytime use, similar to Abena Level 2 (which is no longer available in plastic).

The Supreme Lite brief has the same tapes and plastic exterior as the original Supremes. Plus, the absorbent core is the same dimensions (coverage) as Supreme. The absorbency is about 20% reduced and bulkiness about 40% reduced. Plus, the core is much softer and less rigid than Supremes yet still wicks & stays together very well when saturated without clumping.

Again, size large is available now for immediate shipping. Sizes Medium and X-Large will be available in early September. I look forward to hearing your feedback on the new Supreme Lites.

Sincerely,
Adam
President/Owner

NorthShore Care Supply
www.northshorecare.com

Woohoo! I can't wait for the mediums to become available. I'm sure these will be excellent for daytime needs!

We're hopeful that Medium and X-Large will be available before the end of August. They're on the boat now from Europe headed our way...

NorthShoreAdam said:
We're hopeful that Medium and X-Large will be available before the end of August. They're on the boat now from Europe headed our way...

You mean ?

NorthShoreAdam: a ship comes loaded.
Me: Whit what?
NorthShoreAdam: New diapers :)

Hi Adam

Want to let you know that the NorthShore Supreme is probably my favorite diaper of all time. And I've worn a lot of different diapers! I am on my second case and I don't anticipate switching to another brand.

That said, the second case seems (I know that it is, in fact) different from the first. At least the first few diapers from the first pack are very noticeably thinner than all of the first case. Has there been a change in manufacturer? Was this change in thickness intentional?

I cannot be the only person to have noticed this difference. Regardless of the reason behind the change I will still recommend your product on our podcast :)

Thanks for the feedback. There has not been any change in manufacturer or specs. We are making a change to a larger tape which should be coming soon to the Supreme line and is already on the new Supreme Lite briefs.

We have had a few other similar complaints about changes yet every time we get them back and weigh and measure them, we don't find any difference. We'll keep investigating though to make sure we keep the factory honest.

Our best guess as to why some diapers appear thinner than others is that there can be some variation in the amount of compression that is applied to the diapers to squeeze them into the bags. Especially on very humid days the diapers are fluffier and not as easy to compress. This can happen to any diaper depending on the climate it is produced in.

i have to second that! North shore Supreme briefs are my favorite diapers, they help with my bedwetting and keep my bed dry Thanks NorthShore!

They are made in Europe :O? I hope they are available for purchase from somewhere in the EU area!

It's expensive to register for CE compliance in all the European countries. We are looking into various options and hope to have these available in Europe in 2016.

TyphaHare said:
They are made in Europe :O? I hope they are available for purchase from somewhere in the EU area!

NorthShore Air supreme diapers are my favorite, I have tried other brands and find NorthShore is the best for me. Thanks for a wonderful product. I will definitely try the Surpreme lites when they become available.

We are also working on a "daytime" absorbency version of AirSupreme for those that prefer the cloth-like/breathable/Velcro style. Should be available around Jan/Feb 2016.

43goofball43 said:
NorthShore Air supreme diapers are my favorite, I have tried other brands and find NorthShore is the best for me. Thanks for a wonderful product. I will definitely try the Surpreme lites when they become available.

Sounds like NorthShore have allot of planes when it comes to new products.

Good luck getting them available in EU! I will be sitting tight until 2016 :)

TyphaHare said:

They actually are available in the EU, just under another brand name... they're the exact same product as the Kolibri Comslip Plus :cool:

NorthShoreAdam said:
Our best guess as to why some diapers appear thinner than others is that there can be some variation in the amount of compression that is applied to the diapers to squeeze them into the bags. Especially on very humid days the diapers are fluffier and not as easy to compress. This can happen to any diaper depending on the climate it is produced in.

Most manufacturing lines have automated quality controls, and they need to be fast, cheap, and effective. The most common two are visual inspection and weight. The visual basically takes a picture of the product and compares it with a known good picture, and too much difference causes it to be diverted for inspection.

The other easy one to do is weight. Close to 100% of manufacturing lines have boxes leaving a packing line weighted, and if it's off by even a small amount, it gets diverted for inspection. Some products will have more variation in weight and aren't checked to as high of a tolerance, but most are very high. Diapers should be very high also. So if a roll of padding has a thin area in it, it's going to trip off some packing alarms at some point due to the case being underweight. The bags themselves are also likely being weighed.

I can't find the picture I wanted to include... it's a picture from a quality control camera on an electronics manufacturing line. The camera is right after small surface mount components are glued down onto the board, before heading into the reflow oven to get soldered down. The camera is there to make sure all the components are present and in the right orientation. These parts are placed by small robotic arms that move so fast they look like a blur, one arm can lay down around 15 parts a second.

Anyway, the picture includes a mosquito that was in the wrong place at the wrong time and is smashed down on the board by a resistor.

- - - Updated - - -

Pikachu said:
Sounds like NorthShore have allot of planes when it comes to new products.

sorry I could not resist..

european_airports_reopened.jpg

quattrus said:
they're the exact same product as the Kolibri Comslip Plus :cool:

I haven't seen the Kolibri briefs. It is highly unlikely they are exact same. We have customized quite a bit of the features with the manufacturer with features they had never made before and had to install new equipment to produce.

NorthShoreAdam said:
I haven't seen the Kolibri briefs. It is highly unlikely they are exact same. We have customized quite a bit of the features with the manufacturer with features they had never made before and had to install new equipment to produce.

I tried both of the diapers personally, I got some samples of the Kolibri in August 2014 and then during a trip to the U.S. last December I ordered a couple of samples from you, and I was surprised to observe that the two diapers were identical in look, fit and performance, even the pinprint in the center of it was done with the same font (of course the text was different).

Being that - if I recall correctly - they're manufactured in France, I was not too surprised. Maybe the product has changed in the meantime, but the versions I've tried were almost indistinguishable from each other, except from the name printed on it.

It is possible they are made at same plant in France, but there are about 100 variables when producing a diaper. Many of them are not noticeable easily to consumers. One basic variable is the amount of SAP polymers. You would not notice if one diaper has twice as much as another just by looking at it, but the difference in absorbency would be pronounced even though the dry weight of the diaper is almost the same. I have no idea what specs Kolibri uses. My only point is that looks can be deceiving and it is highly unlikely they have the same formulation as every company requests something different based on their customer needs.

quattrus said:
I tried both of the diapers personally, I got some samples of the Kolibri in August 2014 and then during a trip to the U.S. last December I ordered a couple of samples from you, and I was surprised to observe that the two diapers were identical in look, fit and performance, even the pinprint in the center of it was done with the same font (of course the text was different).

Being that - if I recall correctly - they're manufactured in France, I was not too surprised. Maybe the product has changed in the meantime, but the versions I've tried were almost indistinguishable from each other, except from the name printed on it.

I actually stopped by the warehouse when I drove to Chicago. I bought a pack of the Supremes and a pack of the 2XL booster pads. I'm still waiting on the regular size to be released. The larges are huge, they have too much crotch length. The tapes stretch too easily.

Are the 2XL booster pads made up of pulp? They don't seem to swell or hold much.

Dry 24/7 seemed to switch to sandpaper type plastic which actually broke some skin on my inner thighs. If they don't get their stuff straight in the near future, I may switch but I've been holding back waiting for the regular size which hasn't been mentioned for quite a while. Any news on this? Oh and yes, please get some bigger ,less stretchy tapes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back