Status
Not open for further replies.

SteadyDinosaurPanda

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
  3. Other
well its that time to stock up on booster pads again! i am currently using the total dry maximum boost ups and they seem to function very well, their just a little pricey:sad: so i was wondering what everybody's opinion is on the "best bang for your buck" pad, the only requirements i have is that i prefer to have an adhesive backing and i don't want them to break the bank haha

The Northshore boosters are the best, IMHO. Though, they do swell a lot. So you have to take that in mind if you layer or are wearing a diaper with a less than strong outer cover or tapes. These are comparable to the ones that XP Medical sells with adhesive backing. However, the Northshore ones are a bit more soft.

My personal favorite are the Abena boosters you can get from XP Medical and other places. They don't have an adhesive backing but they are pretty awesome by themselves anyway. For the money, the Abena boosters are probably the best.

Iron said:
My personal favorite are the Abena boosters you can get from XP Medical and other places. They don't have an adhesive backing but they are pretty awesome by themselves anyway. For the money, the Abena boosters are probably the best.

Agreed. The Abena abri-let Maxis are the best, for me comfort and price wise.

swelling is definitely not a problem for me, i actually prefer it!
Iron said:
The Northshore boosters are the best, IMHO. Though, they do swell a lot. So you have to take that in mind if you layer or are wearing a diaper with a less than strong outer cover or tapes. These are comparable to the ones that XP Medical sells with adhesive backing. However, the Northshore ones are a bit more soft.

I just use male guards in my Walgreen's Certainty diapers as booster pads.

11Garrett said:
swelling is definitely not a problem for me, i actually prefer it!

Have you thought about or tried the Bambino Quadros then?

I regularly use a booster from either Total Dry, Quadro, Abena or North Shore. Quadros and North Shore are great and perform very well. I also like the Abena, but wish they had the adhesive backing.
The Total Dry boosters come out of the bag softer and thicker than a Quadro or North Shore, but I find, particularly with a very wet diaper, some of the sap beads have released when I change my diaper.
I find they all swell up very nicely.

I have to agree with the SAP beads getting pressed out of the Total Dry Boost Ups. Although they probably swell and have a higher capacity the best of the choices listed here.

The 2XL booster pads from North Shore don't swell very much to me at all. They remind me of the Abena Maxi boosters. They actually fit perfectly in a medium Dry 24/7.

I would like to add an option though. I have suggested itty multiple times and people are probably getting sore eyes reading it, but Goodnites Tru-Fit inserts are amazing for a booster pad. Once con is that they do not have an adhesive strip. They do tend to swell quite a bit in the other hand.

They are quite easy to find and buy and you can get them instantly and save money on shipping.

I like the totaldry boosters. They're actually low sap, and are very long and fairly narrow. But VERY soft, and quite economical. They've changed since I last ordered, they now have a slightly more hourglass shape and are called Totaldry Boost-ups.

The only other boosters I've seriously tried are the ones bambino stocks. They're high sap, and come in narrow and much-too-wide sizes ;) They're not nearly as comfortable.

MeTaLMaNN1983 said:

I would like to add an option though. I have suggested itty multiple times and people are probably getting sore eyes reading it, but Goodnites Tru-Fit inserts are amazing for a booster pad. Once con is that they do not have an adhesive strip. They do tend to swell quite a bit in the other hand.

They are quite easy to find and buy and you can get them instantly and save money on shipping.

I'll have to check those out. Thanks for the (repeated) recommendation! :)

I use booster pads in my diaper at night during sleep, because I wet exceptionally heavily at night.

i love the goodnites true fit as boosters but yet again the main problem, no adhesive! haha
MeTaLMaNN1983 said:
I have to agree with the SAP beads getting pressed out of the Total Dry Boost Ups. Although they probably swell and have a higher capacity the best of the choices listed here.

The 2XL booster pads from North Shore don't swell very much to me at all. They remind me of the Abena Maxi boosters. They actually fit perfectly in a medium Dry 24/7.

- - - Updated - - -

i have the total dry right now, but their a little pricey for me :(
bambinod said:
I like the totaldry boosters. They're actually low sap, and are very long and fairly narrow. But VERY soft, and quite economical. They've changed since I last ordered, they now have a slightly more hourglass shape and are called Totaldry Boost-ups.

The only other boosters I've seriously tried are the ones bambino stocks. They're high sap, and come in narrow and much-too-wide sizes ;) They're not nearly as comfortable.

caitianx said:
I use booster pads in my diaper at night during sleep, because I wet exceptionally heavily at night.

Always good whit some extra protection then.

I've used tranquility boosters and Tru fit inserts. I found the Tru fit inserts hold much more than the tranquility boosters.

I have never used a booster before, but I might be purchasing some soon so I can see what it feels like

When I getting ready to put on a fresh diaper, I'll grab a Men's Assurance Pad, to use as a stuffer. They seem to work OK for me.

PaddedAndHappy said:
When I getting ready to put on a fresh diaper, I'll grab a Men's Assurance Pad, to use as a stuffer. They seem to work OK for me.
Next time go for the Goodnites Tru-Fit inserts, they are way more effective.

PadsnPullups said:
When I know I'm going to be out and about I use a size 5 baby diaper as a booster. When the baby diaper has taken a couple of wettings I can simply reach down into my diaper, pull it out, roll it up, and drop it into a trash can.
Do you do anything to the diaper to make it more comfortable? (Cut of the tapes/etc.?) The cool thing about this idea is that changing is so much easier if you use disposable underwear, since you can switch out the baby diaper without taking off your pants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back