Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tips for changing messy diapers w/o a shower.

Default Tips for changing messy diapers w/o a shower.

My fiance / caretaker wants to take me out on some adventures in public, but isn't confident about messy diaper changes without a shower available.

I'm looking for tips to build his confidence. Anything additional he should put in the diaper bag for the possible messy diaper change in a family restroom or backseat of the car?

Baby wipes, baby wipes, and more baby wipes. Those have saved me so many times, and they smell really awesome too. Regarding his confidence, all I can say is practice makes perfect I'm sure it will get easier for both of you once you have some experience your belts.

Like the above, lots of wipes. You can also get bigger wipes if baby wipes aren't enough.

Agreed on the baby wipes post! If the mess is not too smushed around I can clean up with 2 or 3 wipes, if you are on your bicycle you'll need the whole box!

Indeed, baby wipes and don't forget the powder or rash cream in your bag

Quote Originally Posted by Nam Repaid View Post
    if you are on your bicycle you'll need the whole box!
    Oh God That killed me

If you are in Canada get the shoppers Drugmart life brand adult wipes they work great and are about half the cost of the attends wipes. I find the bigger wipes help you clean up way better then the smaller ones.
    I have only had a few bowel accidents and never out side of out home but the larger wipes made the cleanup a breeze.
    Just remember to keep,plastic garbage bags for diaper disposal in your backpack

Sorry, but I think a shower is an absolute must after messing a nappy. Wipes just won't cut it. Just my opinion though.

If you put on a barrier cream before
    Like desitine and use proper grooming methods (no hair) clean up is fairly easy, the cream helps things not bond to the skin.