Not open for further replies.

FeekaDimension

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Little
So I've been trying to recreate the clean, powdery scent of the nurseries of my childhood but I can't quite get it right. I'm trying to figure out what combination of things would create the distinctive smell of a '90s nursery.

I've been smelling lots of baby bath products and here's the ones that bring me back the most...

• Baby Magic "Soft Powder" scented bath soap
  • Baby Magic "Floral" baby cologne
  • Dollar General Baby Powder (smells a lot like the old J+J's powder)
  • Dollar General Baby Lotion
  • Kidgets Baby Shampoo

I also use chamomile nighttime baby baths and lotions from various companies (they all smell about the same) even though I don't think I ever smelled it as a kid. I just really like the scent.

What smells bring you back? And am I missing any distinctive "nursery" scents in this list? Perhaps baby wipes or baby oil?

Baby powder and baby lotion are the two big ones. Scented baby diapers help too, Luvs are my preferred ones.

You could indeed try different baby wipes or scented diapers, I am sure you'll find the scent umm the orange blossom flower smell would be my favorite, it brings back great memories when I was a kid traveling with my family to our grandparents house :eek:, not actually a nursery scent but I love it

I wash my cloth diapers and Baby Pants cloth training pants with Arm & Hammer with Oxi Clean and it makes clothes smell like that nursery smell. We have a nursery school at my church and my clothes smell just like the nursery, minus the pee. (haha)

I've always been partial to the smell of disposable diapers

dogboy said:
I wash my cloth diapers and Baby Pants cloth training pants with Arm & Hammer with Oxi Clean and it makes clothes smell like that nursery smell. We have a nursery school at my church and my clothes smell just like the nursery, minus the pee. (haha)

I'll have to try the Arm + Hammer for my little clothes (which as of now is... just a pair of footy pajamas)

I don't remember my church's nursery school EVER smelling like pee, which is weird now that I think about it. You'd think it would just be because my memories of actually being a child in the nursery are foggy, but even when I volunteered to help out with Sunday School a few years ago (same church, same room, even most of the same toys!!) we didn't have many smelly kids. It was very strange!

FeekaDimension said:
I'll have to try the Arm + Hammer for my little clothes (which as of now is... just a pair of footy pajamas)

I don't remember my church's nursery school EVER smelling like pee, which is weird now that I think about it. You'd think it would just be because my memories of actually being a child in the nursery are foggy, but even when I volunteered to help out with Sunday School a few years ago (same church, same room, even most of the same toys!!) we didn't have many smelly kids. It was very strange!
Yeah, I've never smelled urine in nurseries I've been in. I went to a Baptist private school. We had a church nursery and a daycare. It always just smelled very strongly of baby powder and diapers.

Tangentially, I remember having strong reactions to the smell. I was having a lot of self acceptance issues back then, so I had tried to convince myself that I found the smell over powering and distasteful.

These days, I *wish* I could get my room to smell like that >.<

The smell I remember most is Desatine ointment. A&D ointment is my prefered one. Bought a 1 pound tub last time. It can be used to protect minor cuts, scrapes, and burns. Also good for chapped, chafed, or cracked skin or lips. I hear it works good over fresh tattoos. Just making a joke. It is labeled as a diaper rash ointment and skin protectant found near the baby powder. The first person to mention A&D to me needed it for a new tattoo. I liked the smell so much, decided to try it. Good luck washing it off. I use gloves to apply it so I won't ruin diaper tapes with it.

Baby wipes, baby powder and cream. Those are the three memories I have!

Scent and colors take me back, I'm redoing a room in my house this fall, I'm getting ride of the full size bed and replacing it with a day bed, hard wood floors with an area rug, a nice tv, and I will be doing custome shelves in my closet for my diapering supplies, in also going to go with a nice warm neutral color.
Hopefully the room comes out nice and cozy for my winter hibernation.. Lol

Yeah baby powder and used diapers for me. Not that I really remember my time in diapers but I just like the smell lol :)

Milko said:
Yeah baby powder and used diapers for me. Not that I really remember my time in diapers but I just like the smell lol :)
Least I'm not the only one who thinks used diapers play a small part in that smell

I remember the revelation of the used diaper smell (wet only). I remember one day after using baby lotion and powder, even though it smelled amazing, it wasn't until I removed the wet diaper and the smell hit me that I realized that was the missing link.

Disposable Nappies (unused), Johnsons Baby Lotion & Johnsons Baby Powder. The smell of those 3 things combined are amazing from what I remember. I haven't used it since I was a kid. ;(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back