Waddler Overnight wrinkly cover?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DprLuv85

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I received my sample pack of Snuggies Waddler Overnight's in the mail about a week ago. I still haven't had a chance to test them out; however, I did notice that the cover is very wrinkly like it didn't get put together correctly. I doubt it will affect the performance, but I like a very smooth plastic back sheet, so this will definitely affect how much enjoyment I get out of them! Has anybody else noticed this?ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439245794.244642.jpg

It's hard to miss and it's not ideal. They do puff up when wet more than any other diaper I've tried, so I could see that as having something to do with it. Give them a try and see what you think.

I plan on it soon, probably this week. I'm just surprised they're like this, as I've tried the regular Waddlers and their cover is pretty smooth.

To me, the wrinkles look like they happened in shipping instead of manufacturing. My diapers end up looking that way when they are in a backpack for a little while. Longer times make them a complete wrinkled mess. Should not change the performance. Buying a whole bag or case will provide smoother diapers because of how tightly packed they are.

Jeremiah said:
To me, the wrinkles look like they happened in shipping instead of manufacturing. My diapers end up looking that way when they are in a backpack for a little while. Longer times make them a complete wrinkled mess. Should not change the performance. Buying a whole bag or case will provide smoother diapers because of how tightly packed they are.

It's a reasonable guess but getting whole bags results in the same wrinkly surface.

DPRLuv85 said:
I received my sample pack of Snuggies Waddler Overnight's in the mail about a week ago. I still haven't had a chance to test them out; however, I did notice that the cover is very wrinkly like it didn't get put together correctly. I doubt it will affect the performance, but I like a very smooth plastic back sheet, so this will definitely affect how much enjoyment I get out of them! Has anybody else noticed this?View attachment 24590

Wow I can see padding was like squish square shapes. Was the padding like the same inside the diaper? Just curious what shipping company did the company use? Was it in a big yellow envelope?

Trevor said:
It's a reasonable guess but getting whole bags results in the same wrinkly surface.
Neat. Rules out my thoughts about shipping. Must happen during manufacturing and bagging then. The thicker diapers must not be going through the process as smoothly as the thinner ones.

They were shipped to me in a padded envelope (lol, pun intended). They were packaged with a sample pack of the regular Waddler's for my wife, as she has yet to try them. The regular Waddler's were fine, so it didn't happen during shipping. Also, if it were happening during shipping you would think you would be able to smooth it back out with your hands. No matter how much I try the wrinkles will not go away, so I think they were manufactured with the wrinkles.

I would expect it not to affect performance, I guess I'll find out soon!

I just received a case of these and they're the same way.
I also ordered some before - just single bags. And again, the same way.
It's either a manufacturing defect or part of the design. I didn't fine it affected the diaper at all though.

That's good that it doesn't affect performance. However, even though I have yet to tape one on its already affecting the experience. A diaper should be nice and smooth...no wrinkles! It certainly won't keep me from trying them, and depending on the performance, it also won't keep me from ordering again!

DPRLuv85 I ordered a couple bags of those and I've used 4-5 of them and the performance is amazing I love them alot I will be ordering more of those when I can

Have you tried contacting the company about the issue? I'd be curious to see what their response is. Looks to me like this is a quality control issue.

No I haven't...I was kind of probing to see if it is a common problem. It sounds like I should though; out of curiosity if nothing else. I'll post my finding here after they respond!

DPRLuv85 said:
They were shipped to me in a padded envelope (lol, pun intended). They were packaged with a sample pack of the regular Waddler's for my wife, as she has yet to try them. The regular Waddler's were fine, so it didn't happen during shipping. Also, if it were happening during shipping you would think you would be able to smooth it back out with your hands. No matter how much I try the wrinkles will not go away, so I think they were manufactured with the wrinkles.

I would expect it not to affect performance, I guess I'll find out soon!

Manufacturing ok I got it. Not the parcel service. Yeah I need to make an order too. I really like the blue color on these.

Snuggies responded via email this morning:

Matt,

This is the first time I have seen that. Is it on the front of the diaper? If so, it might be the landing zone was applied. We have changed the landing zone on the next delivery of the Overnight to the same shinny smooth plastic that you have seen on the Original Waddler.

- Snuggies Diapers Staff

I took a closer look and the worst of the wrinkles are confined to the landing zone. The wrinkles not on the landing zone can easily be smoothed out with your hand. Now I'm ready to buy a case!

is the crinkly texture a problem?

bambinod said:
is the crinkly texture a problem?

Apparently, you didn't read my first post. For me, personally, yes it does affect my enjoyment out of the product. It should be nice and smooth.

DPRLuv85 said:
Apparently, you didn't read my first post. For me, personally, yes it does affect my enjoyment out of the product. It should be nice and smooth.

it's got a texture very similar to the short-lived stretch-tape teddy bambino if you got to try those

bambinod said:
it's got a texture very similar to the short-lived stretch-tape teddy bambino if you got to try those

I sure didn't. As a matter of fact I just tried the Teddy's for the first time last week. I liked them, I had fun!

This is normal for this diaper - see our review of the Snuggies Waddler Overnight for the comparable pictures I took.

Personally, I felt that the tapes stuck better to the regular Waddler's flat, glossy landing zone. Regardless, I felt that the tapes didn't really keep up with the large jump in capacity and swell in this diaper, and were liable to eventually pop under strain even if you tape the diaper very loosely to start. I doubt that the wrinkly surface is the biggest factor in that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back