Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Worth telling Parents/Best friend?

MichaelWeston

Question Worth telling Parents/Best friend?

So I have been wearing diapers a few years now. I suspect they now. I do not try to hide them too hardcore. One time my dad walked in and there was a goodnite in the trash bin (One can only assume he noticed).

Is is worth telling them?

My mom and best friend are very open and accepting, although I feel like it would change everything. My father would shoot me. He is a very strict 68 year old.

If I do it would be a weight off my chest and make me feel better. But it could blow up in my face.

Another thought would be to tell my psychologist, I know he could not care. but it would be super awkward.

Well it kind of depends on how important it is to you that they know. It can be really great to tell them because they can support you and you don't have to neccessarily hide it from them as much. Online support communities like ADISC are all well and good but it's always great to have people in real life who can support you and who you can talk to. But of course there's always the chance, especially with the older generation parents (no offence to them ) that they won't accept it and it could make your relationship with your parents very unhealthy.

And remember it doesn't have to be a big deal unless people make it that way. If you treat it just as something you like and don't make a big deal out of it then chances are they won't either.

If you're going to tell you're parents then I'd suggest letting them know why you're telling them and that you want their support, understanding etc.
    To answer the question, Yes. I think it is worth it.

Well given Micheal Weston's parents are both dead and his best friend is a ex navy seal.

But in reality, it's likely not going to change anything for the better if you tell them. you can if you want, no one online can stop you. Plus none of us know them, you do.

MichaelWeston

Quote Originally Posted by Milko View Post
    Well it kind of depends on how important it is to you that they know. It can be really great to tell them because they can support you and you don't have to neccessarily hide it from them as much. Online support communities like ADISC are all well and good but it's always great to have people in real life who can support you and who you can talk to. But of course there's always the chance, especially with the older generation parents (no offence to them ) that they won't accept it and it could make your relationship with your parents very unhealthy.

And remember it doesn't have to be a big deal unless people make it that way. If you treat it just as something you like and don't make a big deal out of it then chances are they won't either.

If you're going to tell you're parents then I'd suggest letting them know why you're telling them and that you want their support, understanding etc.
    To answer the question, Yes. I think it is worth it.
    I would be worried about telling my dad, my mom is a lot younger than my dad (68 Dad vs 52 Mom).

My mom would take it fine. Dad would probably be very upset. He thinks every-man, should be nothing less than the manliest of men.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    Well given Micheal Weston's parents are both dead and his best friend is a ex navy seal.
    That made me laugh so freaking hard!

TellING your psychologist would be worth it, just to help him understand the stress of hiding it. If your mom is accepting and she can keep a secret, it might be nice for her to know, but I wouldn't risk your dad finding out if he is closed minded. The number one thing that is nice, is having less trouble shipping diapers to your place and things like that. It is also nice to know people accept you for yourself, but the risks are high, and it really sick to live in a house where they are pushing you to quit. It really is up to you. What do you hope to get out of it?

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelWeston View Post
    That made me laugh so freaking hard!
    that's exactly what the series finally made me do too. Horrible ending to what was a great show at a time. Plus there's no Sam Axe + Jesse Porter spin-off show which was very clearly warranted.

I would be worried about telling my dad, my mom is a lot younger than my dad (68 Dad vs 52 Mom).

My mom would take it fine. Dad would probably be very upset. He thinks every-man, should be nothing less than the manliest of men.
    Sounds just like my dad..

MichaelWeston

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    that's exactly what the series finally made me do too. Horrible ending to what was a great show at a time. Plus there's no Sam Axe + Jesse Porter spin-off show which was very clearly warranted.
    I loved Burn Notice. It's funny I look very similar to Micheal Weston.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tyger View Post
    TellING your psychologist would be worth it, just to help him understand the stress of hiding it. If your mom is accepting and she can keep a secret, it might be nice for her to know, but I wouldn't risk your dad finding out if he is closed minded. The number one thing that is nice, is having less trouble shipping diapers to your place and things like that. It is also nice to know people accept you for yourself, but the risks are high, and it really sick to live in a house where they are pushing you to quit. It really is up to you. What do you hope to get out of it?
    Any ideas on how to tell my psychologist?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Milko View Post
    Sounds just like my dad..
    Which honestly ABDL is the only thing not mainly about me. I am 6'2", I have built cars. I used to be a cop. I do all my home repairs, etc.

Which honestly ABDL is the only thing not mainly about me. I am 6'2", I have built cars. I used to be a cop. I do all my home repairs, etc.
    I don't think there's a single manly trait in me.

Any ideas on how to tell my psychologist?
    Just tell your psychologist that you have a secret you would like to share that might be useful for him to know, but you mostly want to say just to have the chance to feel more normal about sharing your secret. Then say that you like to wear diapers, and that they make you feel good, but sometimes you worry about being found out. Something like that.