Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Receiving blankets

Default Receiving blankets

Ok, so I have a ton of receiving blankets and was wondering if anyone has any ideas what I could do with them. They have really cute prints on them and don't want to get rid of them unless I have to, but can't think of how to use them.

Any suggests would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

If you're good at sewing, why not use them to make clothes? Depending on the size and fabric, you could make mittens, socks, a diaper cover, and so on. :3

Nanako, thanks for the suggestion, I think they are big enough to make diaper covers with.

I think it would be a pretty small fort and would need a lot of pins to hold it together. However it does sound like fun.

Quote Originally Posted by darkbabymagicain View Post
    blanket fort enough said.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkBabyMagicain View Post
    Blanket fort enough said.
    For sure.

Find someone (or DIY if you're crafty) to sew a quilt with them. They'd still have the same cutesy prints and soft texture but in something bigger that you could use a little better :]

Two idea's come to mind, and one I actually did. If you have two receiving blankets that are the same pattern you can sew the sides almost all closed, fill it with pillow stuffing and the sew it the rest of the way closed and have your own baby pillow. You could use two different patterns and just flip the pillow over every so often if you want to change the feel of your crib. That's the one I actually did in 2001. Cost me like 8 bucks for the bag of pillow fill from walmart's crafts section as I already had the receiving blankets. And another idea is if they are patterns you like, put them in a frame and use them as babyish pictures for the nursery. Hope that helps.

-Baby Stanley

Yeah you should totally make like a big blanket of quilt cover with it! Whatever you do can you please post a picture of it?