Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How To Find People with similar Interests?

MichaelWeston

Unhappy How To Find People with similar Interests?

So being that I am in my early 20's I am in that place in life where I want to have friends that share interests, but I am old enough where I have no clue how to do it. I would really like to meet some ABDL friends, but also I would not mine some techy friends or for that matter friends at all. Any advise?

If you're in a larger community, you're likely to find a wonderful local community. A lot of places boast healthy ABDL scenes that include munches, play dates, and other get together. FetLife, the kink social networking site is where you'll find most of these organized since it works as a central hub for connecting with others in your area. You'll likely find an online community there for your region and can connect and see what's going on from there. Where I live for example, Toronto, there's monthly munches, monthly non-sexual playdates, the broader region supports a bigger 'camp' event that involves multiple cities within about a 700km range. Ontop of that, individuals meet and have their own smaller get togethers. As a result I think 6 out of the 8 girls at my birthday party were involved in the ABDL scene just cause they're part of my circle of cool, geeky friends.

Obviously on the AB/DL side of things it's generally not something talked about in everyday conversation, so it would be difficult to quickly make friends you know are AB/DL unless of course they live openly. Yeah the majority of my friends are online so unless you're comfotable with meeting online friends in real life then I'm not too sure what to suggest.

Obviously if it's just normal friends then you can just meet people around in cafe's etc. If you have a job then that's also a good way to meet people.

MichaelWeston

Quote Originally Posted by Milko View Post
    Obviously on the AB/DL side of things it's generally not something talked about in everyday conversation, so it would be difficult to quickly make friends you know are AB/DL unless of course they live openly. Yeah the majority of my friends are online so unless you're comfotable with meeting online friends in real life then I'm not too sure what to suggest.

Obviously if it's just normal friends then you can just meet people around in cafe's etc. If you have a job then that's also a good way to meet people.
    I used to be a cop, now I own a business. Either way not easy to make friends via those jobs. I am fine meeting people online in real life. My online friend became my business partner.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyAshes View Post
    If you're in a larger community, you're likely to find a wonderful local community. A lot of places boast healthy ABDL scenes that include munches, play dates, and other get together. FetLife, the kink social networking site is where you'll find most of these organized since it works as a central hub for connecting with others in your area. You'll likely find an online community there for your region and can connect and see what's going on from there. Where I live for example, Toronto, there's monthly munches, monthly non-sexual playdates, the broader region supports a bigger 'camp' event that involves multiple cities within about a 700km range. Ontop of that, individuals meet and have their own smaller get togethers. As a result I think 6 out of the 8 girls at my birthday party were involved in the ABDL scene just cause they're part of my circle of cool, geeky friends.
    Interesting, I live in Oregon. Not sure about the ABDL community here... Maybe I should look into it. I would like someone in real life to talk to about it xD

I am also in Oregon and would be curious to know what you find. From my searches on Fetlife, most stuff happens in Portland with Medford having a much smaller community. In my area, it seems to be fairly empty.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah View Post
    I am also in Oregon and would be curious to know what you find. From my searches on Fetlife, most stuff happens in Portland with Medford having a much smaller community. In my area, it seems to be fairly empty.
    Oh yeah it seems like everything happens in Oregon. From what I've gathered there's a decent sized ab/dl population and from what I've heard people in Oregon don't really have as much of a problem with it as some others would. If that even makes sense.

You have a profile saying that you like guns, you live in the USA.
    Gun forums - Find a "good" range
    Don't be a moron, and you should find good people.

By moron..... Avoid spouting baseless facts about various guns, read up on what stupid stuff gets said, and then don't say that.
    *I'm assuming you are after male friends

Quote Originally Posted by Milko View Post
    Oh yeah it seems like everything happens in Oregon. From what I've gathered there's a decent sized ab/dl population and from what I've heard people in Oregon don't really have as much of a problem with it as some others would. If that even makes sense.
    I see what you are saying, but I am not sure if we are understanding each other. Oregon is similar in size and population to Victoria in Australia. Portland is a port city similar to Melbourne. I see evidence to support the possibility of a decent sized population in Portland, Oregon and they do seem to be accepted by others. Getting away from there, the rest of the state is fairly empty.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelWeston View Post
    Interesting, I live in Oregon. Not sure about the ABDL community here... Maybe I should look into it. I would like someone in real life to talk to about it xD
    ABDL isn't nearly as isolating as one would think once you know where to find the others and connect. I've even been involved with diaper group orders with others in attempts to save on shipping.

MichaelWeston

Quote Originally Posted by okram View Post
    You have a profile saying that you like guns, you live in the USA.
    Gun forums - Find a "good" range
    Don't be a moron, and you should find good people.

By moron..... Avoid spouting baseless facts about various guns, read up on what stupid stuff gets said, and then don't say that.
    *I'm assuming you are after male friends
    I have a good range, the local private police/former law enforcement gun range. Most of those people I would not want as my "friend." I trust my life with them but, I would not want to hangout with them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyAshes View Post
    ABDL isn't nearly as isolating as one would think once you know where to find the others and connect. I've even been involved with diaper group orders with others in attempts to save on shipping.
    Sweet, none of my friends (all 3 of em) know about. I certainly would not know anyone to save on shipping with. I in Portland so I suppose there could be a large ABDL community if there is I did not know xD