Different Taping Strategy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, I will try this when I get home from work, I feel as though I might have leaks doing it that way, the bottom tapes are suppose to go around your thighs and be snug then the top tapes obviously around the top, also the bottom tapes should land on the wing, if there landing on the front padding the diaper is to big or it's the wrong cut for your body type. But I will try it and report through the evening on this thread, quick question am I aloud to show a pic? Keeping it pg13 and not wet?

Seems like it would negatively effect the seal of the leg gathers and leak guards.

This strategy actually works very well and doesn't compromise the effectiveness of the diaper at all.

This is what I always do. It's fantastic especially for laying prone. I used to tape the bottom on s down to seal around the legs but this method actually yields a nicer leak free fit.

Wow- I watched the video again then just put on a dry 24/7 medium standing, I used the same technique, wow!! The bottom seal between legs and butt feels more snug, the tops are still in place and equal.. Nice idea.. We'll see how this plays out

How would that taping method work with six tape diapers like Depends and Attends with Waistband?

Ok so good morning, I was diapered with the "new tape strategy" all night, I did wet a little during the night. The diaper remained snug all night. It was also more comfortable to wear, sometimes with the traditional taping method the bottom tapes somehow end digging into my hips, this method laughs at that. I will be wearing all my diapers with way from now one. To the OP - A big thanks -

Hey this looks good! Gonna try it when I diaper up for the night :)!

mankato2000 said:
Anyone try this taping strategy or anything

Are there any other premium diapers other that dry 24/t that have elastic waistbands?

There's no other American brand other than Depend, that has an elastic waistband. That's because Kimberly Clark has and owns the US Patent.

Lots of diapers have waiste bands, but most have the cloth like back sheet, I remember 15 years ago when almost all diapers were plastic backed (drug store brands) almost all of them had waist bands, depend and dry 24/7 are really the only US plastic backed diaper left that still use a waist band, the others just never had them in there design

So this morning I had to change earlier, I put on an attends large plastic backed, tapped it the best I could 1st taking the bottom tapes and setting them about 1" below the top padding angled up, then the middle tapes over and past the bottoms the tops anglers slightly down and over the middle tapes, this method works best when you have larger diapers, mediums work fine for me using the traditional taping large diapers work great using this taping system, it really keeps the seat of the diaper snug to your body, I will be doing another case order in September, I will order medium dry 24/7 and abena larges, I just love how the padding really conforms to my body using the tapes like this.

MeTaLMaNN1983 said:
There's no other American brand other than Depend, that has an elastic waistband. That's because Kimberly Clark has and owns the US Patent.

Bambino, snuggies, awwsocute... there are more?

bambinod said:
Bambino, snuggies, awwsocute... there are more?
Those diaper are made overseas.

Tried it with a dry 24/7 last night, worked well until the top tape on the left side (wearer's left side) popped off taking the bottom tape with it and getting stuck together. It was just because it was taped on a bit too tightly, other then that it was more snug in the leg hole area's and made it feel just a tad bit more like normal underwear to me.

- - - Updated - - -

MeTaLMaNN1983 said:
Those diaper are made overseas.

Dry 24/7's has waistbands. Made in america now, not Israel anymore like when they first came out.

MeTaLMaNN1983 said:

That is not technically accurate. Kimberly-Clark owns a patent on a waistband but there are other American made products with waistbands; Attends being a prime example. Attends are mostly manufactured in North Carolina and they do produce a taped brief with an elastic waistband. The reason most brands do not have them is that many people feel that they do not provide any additional protection and only add to the expense of the product.

So I have been a little under the weather and home since Sunday, I have been wearing pretty much 24/7 since Saturday. I do feel better today, just a little tired still (had a flu bug) but long and short I have been through quite a few diapers, I have been wearing molicare, attends, abena, dry 24/7 and some sdk's. I think the whole idea to a proper tape fit is to make sure the bottom tapes are landed above you pelvic bone angled up. This assures that the diaper wont slide back down and loosen, the top tapes should be slightly angled down to keep the back portion on the brief strait across your back. We all come in different shapes and sizes so for the skinnier people you may get the tapes to over lap, some larger people may find it harder but if you do the tapes like this it creates a nice pocket in front of the brief and for males it makes you feel less squished up.

todaler said:
The reason most brands do not have them is that many people feel that they do not provide any additional protection and only add to the expense of the product.

I don't think they do anything for protection, but they certainly do seem to improve comfort for me. Snuggies, Conifidry, and Bambino are at the top of my "comfy diapers" list, all with front/back elastic.

I used to tape them on straight until I saw that same video a few years back. Never stopped doing it that way, it helps with comfort for sure, not sure about leaks.

Felt a little off to me.

I think I might try not angling the top tapes quite so far down next time. The bottom tapes angled up has always seemed the best way IME.

But I don't tape the bottom tapes first either. I can never get the hang of that. It's easy to hold the diaper in place to tape the top tapes which then makes holding the diaper in place for the bottom tapes much easier to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back