Why men are attracted to women with small feet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LonelyFOX

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
  2. Other
It’s quite a difference, isn’t it? Women with smaller feet have prettier faces, at least according to the men who took part in this study. So do women with longer thigh bones and narrower hips, as well as women who are taller overall. And the contest isn’t even a close one. “These are the most strikingly different morphs I’ve ever seen,” says Jeremy Atkinson, an evolutionary psychologist at the University at Albany, New York.

Atkinson and his colleague Michelle Rowe measured hand length, foot length, thigh length and hip width on 60 white female college students, then adjusted each measurement to account for individual differences in overall height. For each of 16 body-part measurements, they selected the eight women with the shortest lengths and the eight with the longest, and constructed morphs of their faces. These morphs were then rated for attractiveness by 77 heterosexual male students.

The men were three-and-a-half times as likely to pick the short-footed morph as more attractive, and almost 10 times as likely to say it was more feminine, Atkinson and Rowe found.

Similarly, they were more than 11 times as likely to pick the narrow-hipped morph as more attractive, and eight times as likely to choose the long-thighed morph, the researchers reported at a meeting of the Human Behavior and Evolution Society in Eugene, Oregon, last month.

Tough beginnings

Atkinson thinks men find these features attractive because they serve as markers of a healthy childhood. Biologists know that stress and poor nutrition during foetal development and puberty can affect sex hormone levels and cause earlier puberty.

This can leave such women relatively short and stout, while those with a more benign childhood continue growing for longer, and attain a slenderer, more stereotypically feminine face and body, which most men find more attractive.

Atkinson’s explanation makes sense, says David Perrett, a psychologist at the University of St. Andrews, UK, who studies facial attractiveness. Since faces and bodies are shaped by the same hormones, he says, you should be able to predict the attractiveness of one body part by looking at another.

Complicated men

The researchers also morphed 67 men and asked 82 heterosexual women to rate the attractiveness and masculinity of morphs of eight male faces, selected, as before, by the same 16 body part measurements. The results were less clear-cut than they had been for women: the female viewers chose morphs of men with long torsos as being more attractive, but they also thought men with small wrists were more attractive.

Women may lack a consistent preference because powerful, masculine men can be a mixed blessing, evolutionarily speaking, says Atkinson. “If they go for a big alpha male, they’ll get good genes,” he says. “But they may be left to raise the child themselves.”

Indeed, the women who took part in the study were twice as likely to rate the large-wristed morph as more open to sex without love, and by the same margin opted for the small-wristed morph as a better candidate for a long-term relationship.

Source: https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn19118-why-men-are-attracted-to-women-with-small-feet/
For to be honest that's why my obsession towards petite/small women or when I see short women looking for footwear in the children area of the store. I've seen women over the age of 25, 26, even 30 looking for girls shoes and they feel so shy and that's the type of women that I like!.
What's wrong with small feet?. Even I've seen Asian mothers borrowing the little daughter's Barbie themed sneakers or the Mary Jane shoes, other white short women getting tired of the heel at the party and asking to the daughters for the girl color sandals.
So, don't worry girls, If you're size 5 and you wear girls shoes, that's fine, coquettish, charming and cute!. (I wish to marry with a short girl and give her as a present a pair of girls Mary Jane or dressing shoes as part of her wedding gown!-I remember an Asian lady, 22 old, size 5 purchasing a pair of girls Cinderella light up shoes at the Disney store, so cute!)

Reminds me of when i learnt about how the chinese used to bind girls feet at a young age to keep them small, because for centuries the men found it attractive.
Although after years their feet really didnt resemble "feet" anymore, they looked more like hooves!
Makes me wonder what the breakdown of ethnic backgrounds were among those surveyed?

Why men would be attracted to women in the first place still confuses me :) :)

Haha jk, yeah it sounds wierd but I suppose farmiliarity is one of the things that makes people considered physically attractive and women most often have smaller feet so that's what men would be most used to. :) Attraction is wierd..

How to forget that girl complaining of her tiny feet, saying: "I have Barbie's feet." But what's wrong?, meanwhile I've seen Asian women, mostly mothers, of small feet looking for girls dressing shoes. Even little women wearing girls sneakers for sport activities.
That's my obsession towards those women!.

I've never ogled small woman-feet, but then I think the reason for these sorts of preferences is pretty straightforward: They're not masculine. It seems obvious that a straight male isn't going to crave physical attributes that are associated with male-ness. These include sasquatch feet, concave chests, bald heads, etc., ... wee-wees... ok-ok-ok.

And then there's the matter of many straight males wanting to be the physically dominant one in the relationship. Subconsciously, I suppose I'm that way; I never felt much attraction toward physically dominant women. On the contrary, women who were taller than me were never on my to-date list. If I could hug a girl and rest my chin on the top of her head, she passed the height test. :)

(And no, I'm not really so shallow, but I can write a good shallow post when I want to.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back