Thinner diaper for summer and the health risks of heat down there

Status
Not open for further replies.
the new breathable tena slip are great for the summer and it holds alot

If you don't need much capacity, anything will do. Sam's club has a store brand that isn't bad. I actually use them, on occasion. But they don't hold enough to get me through a half-day reliably.

If you want to compromise between thickness and absorbency, the Abena levels 2 and 3 are worth a try. I finally caved in this summer and tried the "cloth-like cover" because the plastic covers are so hot. They actually are cooler. But what people say about sagging is right--the cloth covered Abenas sag more than the plastic.

activefit said:
the new breathable tena slip are great for the summer and it holds alot

Yeah. I was so sad when they changed it from plastic to cloth, but.. they are still very good nappies! So I keep them as my outdoors nappies and they are super good.

bambinod said:
for me, a little thin is better for regular daytime wear. snuggies (daytime) are perfect.

I second this.
They have a definite cuteness factor if that interests you at all too. - Generally that it was too thin though ...
I have heard people say some bad stuff about them, but I really love the original Waddler by snuggies. I actually have the original and the overnights and given my choices I am far more likely to wear the original to bed/out and about.
In bed they are all that I don't wake up too hot in, during the day I don;t sweat to death, and as long as I don't flood them wayyyy too many times they are perfectly acceptable (for me at least) in that way.

I would also recommend looking into Tena Stretch - they are "cloth backed" - and definitely more breathable in heat.

Northshore Air Supremes. Breathable and unbelievably don't leak or wick onto bedding or clothing.

The best breathable diaper if you want the truth is an actual cloth diaper they breathe and vent the most.

The best breathable diapers I've used for out in the heat is cloth breathable ones I can't do those thick ones outside in the heat

BuffedBaby said:
Northshore Air Supremes. Breathable and unbelievably don't leak or wick onto bedding or clothing.

I'll second that! I've been wearing them while doing yard work, moving furniture and painting around my house on these 90-degree days and they're working pretty good. Not clammy at all. AMAZING capacity, too, especially with an added booster pad!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back