Embarrassed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordFluffybuttz

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
Do you ever feel embarrassed around others or your family. I sleep with a stuffed bear, I can't help it because of my insomnia. Im sometimes embarrassed because it's often seen as childish to do so.

Any similar experiences?

Last edited:
yeah my whole family knows i sleep with my pony plushies if i dont i cant get to sleep need to cuddle to sleep XD

I have two bears and when I'm diapered and put in baby parts I feel so comfortable.

Frank9127 said:
I have two bears and when I'm diapered and put in baby parts I feel so comfortable.

I put my plushies in the closet when my kids come back home to visit. Then my wife makes fun of them and reminds me that they're "in the closet".

Kinda. I mean, it's a weird mixed thing because I like feeling embarrassed, but I don't want to actually be thought less of by people who care about me. I sort of balance it. Like, pretty much everyone knows I like My Little Pony and that's something special that I'm proud of and own. A few people know I sleep with plushies, and I have one on my desk at work, but that's just fun and I like being sort of embarrassed about it while others think it's cute. Only a tiny number of people know about the diapers and footie PJs, and that's just fine.

dogboy said:
I put my plushies in the closet when my kids come back home to visit. Then my wife makes fun of them and reminds me that they're "in the closet".

I like her, she's witty.

ArchieRoni said:
Kinda. I mean, it's a weird mixed thing because I like feeling embarrassed, but I don't want to actually be thought less of by people who care about me. I sort of balance it. Like, pretty much everyone knows I like My Little Pony and that's something special that I'm proud of and own. A few people know I sleep with plushies, and I have one on my desk at work, but that's just fun and I like being sort of embarrassed about it while others think it's cute. Only a tiny number of people know about the diapers and footie PJs, and that's just fine.

I like her, she's witty.

Ah, thanks. I just read that to her.

I experience these same feelings.
I feel some shame at my needing to sleep with my Teddy Bear, "Howard Hug", and my dolly friends.

I feel a little weird about it. Only one of my friends knows that I sleep with my bears (at least I think he does, I've slept over at his house enough...never said anything though) my parents do know. What sucks is that I can't and will not even attempt to sleep without them in my arms, so no matter where I go, be it a family camping trip or something else, my bears always have to be with me. On one hand, I feel like it's a great point for regression being reliant on them for sleep, but on the other, it's frustrating to have to hide it or feel embarrassed about it.

Not much anymore really. Given that I only live with my dad and and hes known/"supported" it at times I just felt comfortable enough to sleep in my onesie while diapered in the living room where I normally sleep anyways since my mattress sucks. I'm not going around the house in just a onesie and a diaper.

Not sure where the difference between not being embarrassed and not having any shame lies.

I've got a hoodie that kinda fills the same role. Does that count?

I would love a footypj and walk around but only if I'm alone in the house ^^. I also like to walk around with teddy but only if I'm alone, otherwise I will if I'm in my room cause no one will judge me if they can't see me ^^

I used to feel embarrassed about my little things, but then I remembered its no worse then anyone else hanging around in their pjs as well. Only time I get blushie now is if their is a leak, either in pants or bed. Makes me feel super little, and certain people make sure to point it out and tease.

I actually had the exact same experience about a month ago. I've been sleeping with a bear pretty much every night for the last 3 years, and I'm at the point where I can't comfortably fall asleep with him. I always keep my door a bit cracked when I go to sleep cause I'm paranoid like that. Well, one day my cat must've pushed the door open sometime in the morning and my dad peeked in my room before he left for work, and he confronted me about sleeping with the bear later that day. He wasn't mad or anything but he just wouldn't stop asking questions about why I did it. It was really humiliating and I very seriously asked him not to bring it up ever again.

- - - Updated - - -

ArchieRoni said:
it's a weird mixed thing because I like feeling embarrassed, but I don't want to actually be thought less of by people who care about me.
I can relate to that so much. I really love the thought of being embarrassed in a fantasy sense, but in reality there's pretty much nothing worse than that. I'm not a tough guy by any means, but I have this weird need to appear unfazed and emotionless to my family. I hate feeling vulnerable more than anything.

Yea I've always felt that it's ok to kinda act a bit little I front of my mom, like sleeping with my bear. But my dad, not so much. He knows and has seen me with my bear but never really has said anything out loud. I guess it's kinda a "manliness" thing?

Flutters said:
Yea I've always felt that it's ok to kinda act a bit little I front of my mom, like sleeping with my bear. But my dad, not so much. He knows and has seen me with my bear but never really has said anything out loud. I guess it's kinda a "manliness" thing?
Yeah I guess it really is a manliness thing. Most people I know seem to have a natural desire for their fathers to view them in a masculine light, myself included. When that masculinity is tainted, it can add some really awkward tension to the relationship. At least that's what I've noticed.

I started sleeping with a plushie to adjust my position better after a surgery. Now I can't sleep without a pillow or a plushie o_o; I need it to wedge myself into a good angle.
I didn't sleep with plushies when I was a kid, never was my thing since I felt overheated way easy. Nowadays I enjoy even sleeping in PJ's

I have friend that has stuffies in his room to. I have always had a couple of stuffies in my room I always have one of mine on my night stand beside me every night.

Flutters said:
Do you ever feel embarrassed around others or your family. I sleep with a stuffed bear, I can't help it because of my insomnia. Im sometimes embarrassed because it's often seen as childish to do so.

Any similar experiences?
I have severe mind blowing sleep problems, and can honestly tell you if it gets you through the night do it!! And anyone even Family who makes denigrating remarks tell them "up yours", and " so I have a bear don't go there" because it's your life and your sleep not there's .

I don't think im embarrassed anout having plushies. My family knows I sleep with plushies. Plus my friends have called me king of the plushies.

Now im on holiday in Italy my bag looked like this

uploadfromtaptalk1438803568433.jpg

He saw capri today.

My mom knows about my bottle, and she's okay with it, but I refuse to drink from it in front of her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back