diapered 24/7 experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

BehRiatz

Contributor
So its probably a bit late to post this now seeing as I'm currently on day 5 but I'd like to share my experience so far with you all from the highs to the lows and what not so you get to see what it's like - also I do plan to keep this going as long as possible, I know what I'm getting into but maybe this will change my thoughts on 24/7 wearing; I mean all of us have wanted to try it at some point.

Anyway, I know 5 days isn't exactly a long time but the most important thing to me was the compromise, and trust me working in an office full of people with one disabled toilet for disposing is not fun nor easy when you plunge into 24/7 nor is realising only one pair of jeans will fit with a diaper.

like I said, I had to weight in the goods and the bads before I started anything, this even included if I lost a little control and how it would affect my job.

The very first thing I did was set a diaper change schedule; for a starting point id change once a day at 12 and before bed both during work time and time off.

Secondly I had to remove the fear of leaking when using and buying adult diapers at the shops; both a huge challenge and still are on a daily basis but I guess overtime this will go.

Not much has happened over 5 days which is why I've posted this now and not 3 weeks down the line and I know I've got a lot of Hurdle's to jump like wetting in positions, in bed and other things like that; though its easier for me as I've got my own little place to experiment.

So, for the first few days of doing this I've set a goal - relax and just go and 'try' not to worry if I leak, I say try because it's scary as hell.. Especially when talking face to face with someone. But I've slowly become more relaxed and less scared, even if I can only wet standing at the moment I've got a long way to go...

On a side note - exercising in diapers is a major new expetience, even when running on a treadmill...

Id like to finish up by saying I know there's two sides to this tale, some say it ruins the experience, others say its the best thing ever and well I'll soon found out which it is.

Once you learn to trust your diaper you will be fine wetting in front of some one, they will never know as long as you don't change your deminer or look down to see if you are leaking.

Wetting while walking takes time to get use to, when my OAB first started I would only pee when I was standing still it would just release. If I started to move it would stop then start again when I stopped moving.

Now months later once it starts I can keep walking and it keeps flowing so no more freezing in one space till finish's
Try walking when you start to pee take a step then let it start again take another step or to and repeat

It will take some time but if your wearing premium diapers and trust them it takes less time to get use to

I should wear for medical reasons 24/7, but I have the wearing at home under control. I don't have to pad up so much when I'm home now because of closeness of bathroom, When I'm out and about I can wet at any time so I have to be padded and also at night. It can be a drag and I can tell you after a while you come to the point that you feel that you will need a break, and I'm at that point now and want go get back to 2 or 3 times a week only. I don't like messing them either but it has happened several times. UGH

43goofball43 said:
I should wear for medical reasons 24/7, but I have the wearing at home under control. I don't have to pad up so much when I'm home now because of closeness of bathroom, When I'm out and about I can wet at any time so I have to be padded and also at night. It can be a drag and I can tell you after a while you come to the point that you feel that you will need a break, and I'm at that point now and want go get back to 2 or 3 times a week only. I don't like messing them either but it has happened several times. UGH

I have been 24/7 in diapers for decades since I have Cerebral Palsy.

I adapted pretty-well to my reality of being medically incontinent.

Wow, a lot of feedback, thanks guys! Another thing I've noticed is how quickly I burn through a whole pack of 10!

I go through 4 to 5 diapers a day.
The down-side, is "smelling of pee", even when I wash myself good @ each diaper change.

caitianx said:
I go through 4 to 5 diapers a day.
The down-side, is "smelling of pee", even when I wash myself good @ each diaper change.

Is that something you can smell yourself, or have other people told you? I am always concerned that I start to smell when I go through 24/7 phases, especially at work, even though I never can smell myself.

What's weird about today (day 6) is I'm finding I haven't used as much as I have done, even with drinking a lot, but I am more relaxed.

BehRiatz said:
What's weird about today (day 6) is I'm finding I haven't used as much as I have done, even with drinking a lot, but I am more relaxed.
Funny, today is day 6 for me and I had the opposite experience. I couldn't stop peeing today, even though I drank water sparingly and limited my caffeine intake. I was really afraid I was going to leak a few times at work today, and have been super jittery most of the day. Maybe it's because subconsciously I know that it all comes to an end tomorrow when I join my wife and kids on vacation (she doesn't know about my DL side, I'm still working up the courage to tell her, so the fun is about to end :frown:)

Ralphie said:
Funny, today is day 6 for me and I had the opposite experience. I couldn't stop peeing today, even though I drank water sparingly and limited my caffeine intake. I was really afraid I was going to leak a few times at work today, and have been super jittery most of the day. Maybe it's because subconsciously I know that it all comes to an end tomorrow when I join my wife and kids on vacation (she doesn't know about my DL side, I'm still working up the courage to tell her, so the fun is about to end :frown:)

I guess everything comes to an end huh :( sorry to hear about your wife not knowing.

I'm currently on day 11 and its getting more easier to go when walking/sleeping. Only issues I get now is public changing...

Ralphie said:
Is that something you can smell yourself, or have other people told you? I am always concerned that I start to smell when I go through 24/7 phases, especially at work, even though I never can smell myself.

Pardon the late reply...

Yes!
After being in a wet disposable diaper for say an hour, I do start to notice the odor of pee-pee and realize it is me, and I then hobble on my forearm crutches over to a bathroom with a handicapped toilet stall when out and about town.

caitianx said:
Pardon the late reply...

Yes!
After being in a wet disposable diaper for say an hour, I do start to notice the odor of pee-pee and realize it is me, and I then hobble on my forearm crutches over to a bathroom with a handicapped toilet stall when out and about town.

I agree! Sometimes the odor can be a bit worrying but changing in stalls is so much worse lol

BehRiatz said:
I agree! Sometimes the odor can be a bit worrying but changing in stalls is so much worse lol

A lot of public men's room handicapped toilet stalls are filthy shit-holes, which I dislike.
Leg brace guy, me, is a rather clumsy at self-diapering.

Ralphie said:
Maybe somebody did not warn you that dehydration will cause more wetting it's just a fact of life.

I've done varying periods of 24/7 wearing. A good creme or barrier is needed if you are wearing that frequently, otherwise rashes are in your future. Get a better diaper, I initially started off with cheaper diapers but leaks freaked me out and would happen too much. Now when I do a few periods of it, its usually something like northshore or molicare, I don't have to worry as much. Once you wear enough, you begin to develop a sense of when your diaper is about to be close to leaking (I'm really good at telling this with northshores). If I know I can't change at my usual time at 11 or 12 at home, I'll also incorporate a booster to give myself more leeway before a change. I'd recommend picking up a onesie to avoid being embarassed or worried about someone found out you aren't potty trained anymore. They really help with confidence levels and remove another barrier to avoiding wearing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back