Thread: The haunted lands of Puente Moreno, Mexico

Default The haunted lands of Puente Moreno, Mexico

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Trenazo.jpg 
Views:	630 
Size:	26.3 KB 
ID:	24545
    Wednesday, October 6, was Saint’s Day in Mexico, a holiday many extended families came together to celebrate. People in the central part of the country often traveled to the shrine of St. Francis at Catorce where a festival was held. Following the festival, they took the train back to Saltillo and Monterrey. That night, the train was packed with about 1,600 passengers. Unfortunately, the engineer and four crew members running the train had also spent the day celebrating, which included drinking tequila.

At about 10 p.m., the train was going down a hill leading to a bridge two miles south of Saltillo. To navigate this section of rails safely, trains must maintain a speed of less than 35 miles per hour, but that evening the train was going about 75 mph. The locomotive derailed due to the excessive speed, dragging 13 of the train’s 22 cars off the rails with it; four of them burst into flames.

The accident site was a horrific scene, as scores of people screamed for help in the night. Some of the passengers who survived unscathed found the engineer alive, and drunk. After an attempted lynching was prevented by authorities, the engineer was taken away by ambulance. Subsequent testing confirmed that he was inebriated. It took two days to find and remove the 208 bodies from the scene. The crash remains one of the worst rail disasters in Mexico’s history.

Name:	b07_mc_tren1.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	62.7 KB 
ID:	24546
    I remember stories from neighbors and other elderly people who were witnesses of that train accident on that day. After 4 decades that area looks very terrific at night. I heard from a man who back then was 10 years old he and his friends went to the area of the incident and walking through the desert among the cactus for to see all the survivors and the bodies such as the trapped victims inside of the burning passenger cars asking for help. The efforts of the rescue groups such as machinery sent from the U.S. for to access the area and to rescue was fruitless, the politicians decided to bury the cars with the passengers inside. According to that former kid, he saw all the burning bodies and the smell of the luggage as when ironing cloths such as barbequed meat from the victims, even he couldn't sleep by the trauma of all the surviving victims running away and crying.
    Today that area looks terrific at night, nobody wants mortgage or realty by the area of Puente Moreno.
    After 43 years, human remains and nylon have been found by the area:

Name:	restos.jpg 
Views:	187 
Size:	14.4 KB 
ID:	24547
    That place is haunted!

StefanHasDiapees

You might notice your story is... significantly different than the rest of those posted here.

Not that there's anything wrong with being different!

But it does beg the question; you do realize this space is for diaper stories, right?

(Unless I'm completely wrong and histories of mass death are welcome, too... mods?)

Oh!, I'm sorry, I was so sleepy the past night. I didn't notice that. I know that I should post this trend on the mature topics. I'm sorry (And also it was night and dark and I mistake when posting). I want to know how to move this to mature topics.
    I'm so sorry >_<

Quote Originally Posted by LonelyFOX View Post
    Oh!, I'm sorry, I was so sleepy the past night. I didn't notice that. I know that I should post this trend on the mature topics. I'm sorry (And also it was night and dark and I mistake when posting). I want to know how to move this to mature topics.
    I'm so sorry >_<
    Went ahead and took care of this for you.

Wow. That is horrible. So, they just burried the cars right there? Is there now a grave marker for those burried in the cars? Are the train tracks still in use?

It would be interesting to go there some night with a camera and take pictures. Some people do this in cemeteries and get some very interesting pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    It would be interesting to go there some night with a camera and take pictures. Some people do this in cemeteries and get some very interesting pictures.
    ... is this going to segway into your attic experience again or whatever it was?

The passenger cars that couldn't be rescued were buried, even with the alive victims inside screaming for help. That friend who went to the place of the incident, told me that he couldn't sleep during two months!, (when his wife is ironing clothes or drying in the machine, the scenes of the accident comes to his mind). Even too many survivors ended up with traumatic experiences and today there are some ruins from the houses were they begged for help. The other strange thing is that some survivors were helped by an old hobo, and when the newspaper staff came on a pick up, they didn't see to nobody else and they said that was impossible, because there was no path for to access and no tracks or foot prints. Supposedly that stranger hobo was St Francis of Assisi helping to the victims. Even other survivors said that before of to take the train from the town Real de Catorce, at the train station, they were warned by an old hobo: ""Don't take the train, I'll derail."
    The passengers who missed the train were upset until when they knew about the incident and when they asked for the old homeless or hobo who was hanging around the train station, never knew nothing about that mysterious old man who one day previously warned them of the tragedy.

Name:	12547420115.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	47.0 KB 
ID:	24554
    "She smiled and then died"

Beside Gregoria was a little girl who was still alive, "she looked at me, raised it in my arms to deposit in a van, smiled with me and died."

While carrying the spoil out of that train he was captured by the lens of Hector Garcia Bravo and is to this day one of the images that describe more clearly that night. The gesture of Antonio, with the girl in his arms, reflected the helplessness he felt to see so many people who needed help, and have only these two arms.

This image took Antonio to earn the respect of officials and citizens, as the "representative" of all those who worked that night.

To get injured and dead from ground zero did not finish the activity, and in any of the hospitals in Saltillo, or the Red Cross, had to be "put in polythene bags from one hand to a leg."

Without the valuable collaboration of the different corporations from the Red Cross and Fire, the general public, the media, international organizations and even the taxi drivers, the results would have been much worse.

Name:	131772277914.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	69.2 KB 
ID:	24557

It's getting dark and I'll post another pics later. Sorry by the mistake, but as everybody knows, was night and the area of this Canadian town of Alberta also has his haunted places (I was feeling fear too). That happened close to the capital City of Saltillo Coahuila and even other event happened in a night club in that town, the name was the TEX MEX. (I remember that place when I was 14 years old and I went to that place trying of to heal after a break up with a girl.............) Now I post the URL of this video (In Spanish about the phenomenon of the haunted area. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tM493mrL_U

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    ... is this going to segway into your attic experience again or whatever it was?
    I'm desperately fighting the urge. But aren't old attics spooky places!

The train tracks are still in use and there are some crosses with the name of the victims.