Not open for further replies.

Tyger

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
I just bought and am using for the first time,this. It is actually meant for crafts, but I saw it for sale on an AB site, thought it was weird to see, and then realized the potential. I used it to puncture holes very quickly into a Baby diaper that I am using as a booster, that way it will spread fluids better to the next layer of diaper. I am testing it out now with 2 baby booster diapers, and a certainties diaper on the outside, I will update if it worked well. In the past i just used scissors if i wanted to double my diaper up and make it work better, but that always makes a mess with the stuff inside the diaper escaping. Soon, I will probably use the same method to double up 2 dry 24/7's to create the ultimate, dry 48/14!!! It will be the ultimate diaper!

Reactions: tenderbottoms47
Tyger said:
Soon, I will probably use the same method to double up 2 dry 24/7's to create the ultimate, dry 48/14!!! It will be the ultimate diaper!

Ahaha! Whaoo the ultimate diaper :D! Lemme know how it went and if it was indeed ultimate!

It seems to me that I have read on ADISC about others using that same tool, so I expect you will have no problems.

Well when I try it with the baby diapers as boosters, it works pretty well, quite a bit of the second layer got wet, so, i'll count that as a success.

Interesting. Could you provide a link to this tool? I'm curious about what it actually is.

This tool is similar if not identical to a Wartenberg Wheel, which is an old-fashioned medical instrument used for testing touch sensation. There are many available on Amazon for just a few bucks. You can also buy more expensive ones with multiple wheels.

They do work well for perforating diapers, without creating the structural annoyances that just slicing through the backsheet with a sharp object does. For just a few bucks, you might as well buy one if you double diapers at all.

During Halloween the kits for pumpkins come with cheaper version of this that work just as well. I used one of those the first time I doubled up.

I frequently double up the cheaper diapers but when I do, I have an exato knife I use to punch wholes in the diaper then I cut all excess material on the one with holes in it, then I take a little spray on glue to both diapers (outside n the one with holes and on the inside the outer diaper that way the booster diaper don't move around while you are walking around. I have not tried this on my premium diapers yet, but I'll probably try it some time in the future.
Tyger said:
I just bought and am using for the first time,this. It is actually meant for crafts, but I saw it for sale on an AB site, thought it was weird to see, and then realized the potential. I used it to puncture holes very quickly into a Baby diaper that I am using as a booster, that way it will spread fluids better to the next layer of diaper. I am testing it out now with 2 baby booster diapers, and a certainties diaper on the outside, I will update if it worked well. In the past i just used scissors if i wanted to double my diaper up and make it work better, but that always makes a mess with the stuff inside the diaper escaping. Soon, I will probably use the same method to double up 2 dry 24/7's to create the ultimate, dry 48/14!!! It will be the ultimate diaper!

some people use them in a sewing kit but I'm not sure exactly what for

@Lilazanboy - I recently got a single-wheel Wartenberg (like in the images at the bottom of the page at the Amazon page) which works just fine. I guess one with five wheels would be slightly faster, but I'm happy with the single wheel.

I use a rolling meat tenderizer. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438564120.353837.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back