FudgedInLuvs

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
  4. Other
Hi everyone,

Thought it might make for an interesting thread to share how we got started in the ABDL lifestyle. Do you remember when you first knew that you liked diapers? How did you get into it, did you have a source for getting your diapers discretly, did you have to sneak a few from a source, or was it a head first plunge into the deep end? Did you start out using them for the full intended purpose or did you gradually dip your toes in the water?

I'll start with mine: I sort of knew early on, mainly from a sense of touch. When I was little I always preferred the ones with plastic on the front, as they were smooth and soothing versus the cotton which I thought was rough and uncomfortable. Plastic ones were Luvs, thus part of my name (cotton were pampers, my only experience with Huggies were with Goodnites and probably pull up training pants) Years went on by and I still had a bedwetting issue, and I would have to wear Goodnites to bed. I still remember the feel of them, they were the old all white ones when I started and ended. I knew I was a DL when I would sneak wearing one to school (and using it as I never liked the public restrooms). Eventually I outgrew them, or was deemed to old to be "wearing a diaper to bed" and had to stop. Years went on by, I was a junior in high school and had dental surgery, I thought I could use it as a trick to get back into my preferred pants of choice by faking an accident on the chair (just dropping some water on the front of my shorts) as I had to sleep upright. Lo and behold it worked, had to use the Depends pull-ups (never have been crazy about them) but it was a gateway back into comfort, and ever since I have slowly been getting back into the swing of things.

What's your story?
thanks for sharing!

I've liked diapers for as long as I can remember. I remember being 3, and while I was completely potty-trained during the day, I still wore regular baby diapers to bed due to bedwetting. One day, my parents bought me pull-ups instead, and I absolutely refused to wear them for some unexplainable reason. I remember being scared of them though, and just wanting to wear my regular diapers to bed. I also didn't like wearing pink things, so that might've had something to do with it. However, my parents eventually won the pull-up battle when I was 8-9 and was outgrowing the baby diapers.

Another hint that I liked diapers was how often I didn't change out for them when I woke up in the morning, especially in the summer/weekends when I didn't have school. Of course, disposable baby diapers were EXTREMELY crinkly back then so my mom always managed to catch me within a few hours. My mom also caught me changing out of my panties and into a diaper in the middle of the day. At the time I didn't fully understand why I wanted to, only that I did. The explanation I gave myself was that "diapers are cuter." My mom never even asked me why I did it, she just scolded me for being wasteful.

I wasn't brave enough to wear them in public until high school. And that was only because I met other people on MySpace etc. that were doing the same thing, so they kind of inspired me. I still wet the bed then, so I had plenty of Goodnites. And they were quiet enough that I never got caught.

I can vaguely remember liking diapers from a really really young age. But, the clearest specific incident I can remember happened when I was about 6-8 ish, and my mom, brother and myself had to do an unplanned overnight stay at my grandmas for the night because of tornado that had touched down along the way we went home.

Because we hadn't planned on staying the night, no one had packed any clothes, and my brothers clothes and mine were dripping wet from this HUGE storm outside (I still remember bits from the storm itself) and for whatever reason, my grandma didn't have any spare clothes at her place.

What ended up happening was once we realized we'd be spending the night, someone came up with the idea to toss our clothes in the wash and have the both of us wear these very white, very comfortable 'overnight' pull ups around the house and to bed.

I had never had any sort of bedwetting issue at all, so I remember the experience was totally wild and strange to me, but I DO remember being quite surprised with how comfy the pull ups/diaper was, because I ended up wearing it even longer than I 'had to' and ended up wearing it under my eventually cleaned clothes.

Of course, being a dumb kid, my mom eventually noticed and lightly gave me grief for still having it on.

It all started for me when I was about 4 years old. I remember having this odd fascination with the idea of being an even smaller child and longing for the attention that it used to being me. I remember 2 specific instances; once when I was about to leave for preschool, I was laying on the floor with my eyes closed imagining there were 2 older ladies ogling over me, tickling me, and talking to me in a very babyish tone. I can still remember the stupid smile on my face and my dads tone when he said "uhh... what are you doing?". The other instance was my fascination with a commercial featuring a baby having water poured over his belly button. I remember trying to recreate the scene and pretending I was a baby myself whenever I'd take a bath.

The real ab/dl stuff however, didn't start until I was 7 and it literally seemed to happen over night. One night I had a dream that I was in my room in baby attire being looked after by the bear from the Charmin toilet paper commercials (what??) and I incidentally ended up pooping myself while he watched. The next morning I woke up with an overwhelming, and I now know to be sexual desire to wear and mess diapers. When I'd get time alone, I'd put clothes, small pillows, or other soft things in the back of my underwear in an attempt to simulate messing myself. I was caught more than a few times by my dad who must've thought I was a pretty weird kid lol. I did however get him to make a game out of it and treat me like a baby the first time, which turned out to be more awkward than fun. I also remember getting very excited about the few episodes of Fairly Odd Parents which involved Timmy being turned into a baby.

One of my favorite incidents was when I was about 10 and my 7 year old nephew was staying with us. We were in my room playing and I mentioned it would be really funny if we pretended to be babies together. To my surprise he was all over that idea. We ended up putting on a bunch of layers of underwear to simulate diapers and crawled around the room chasing each other. The best part of it was probably when I brought out my water gun and we sprayed it at each other to make it look like we peed ourselves. I was loving it because he seemed to enjoy it just as I did. Probably for different reasons though... Only bad part was when my mom called from downstairs and asked what we were doing, and before I could tell him to lie about it, he proudly ran down in his multiple soaked pairs of underwear and announced "We're pretending to be babies!". Thankfully she never brought it up to me. Good times.

I remember becoming facinated with diapers back when I was only about 10 years old. I was staying at a friends house who played on my baseball team and his younger sister (about 8 years old) still had problems wetting the bed and wore pull-ups to bed. I am not sure why, but I ended up sneaking in to her room and taking a couple of them to take home. I wore them in the coming nights and would stand in front of the mirror admiring them. It was not till years later when I was able to drive that I ever wore diapers again, but I still remember that time when I started my love of diapers.

I remember being in the super market on a monthly grocery trip. We would all go as a family and fill 2 carts with both food and other items needed for the next month. It happened about age 10, I was following mom with one of the carts. We had been shopping here since I was like 3. This time, we went to this section of the store I had never seen before.

We then went down this one strange isle I had never seen before and I am surprised. She needed something else from the isle and took some time looking. While looking around, there were some strange bags on one shelf that vaguely looked like diapers, but were not quite right. Being curious, I asked mom what they were and what they were for. Mom told me they were adult diapers for adults who cannot hold their bladder anymore.

I remember leaving the isle wanting them because I wet the bed and sometimes had trouble holding my bladder. Those things would be awesome to allow me to wake up in a dry bed every morning. Before then, it did not occur to me that anyone older than a young child could wear diapers. Later, I returned with my driver license and own car to purchase the diapers from that isle: Depends and Attends (Procter and Gamble).

I've always had a thing for diapers. I can remember from when I must have been about 2 my mom holding up some underwear and a pullup and asking me to choose. I pointed at the pullup, but she asked again in such a way that I knew that was the wrong answer and picked the underwear that time.

I jumped right in with both feet as I have a neuro genic bladder and bowel,OAB,incontinent,and functional incontinence. It is only recently that I have started liking having to wear,and cep ting and liking are two different animals.

I remember always being fascinated with diapers for as long as I can remember that I was in diapers 24/7 until I was 6 and I wet the bed every night until I was 11. When I got out of diapers I remember getting caught trying to take some of my younger sisters diapers a few times. The next time I would get back into diapers would be when I would be 19 when I could drive and buy my own diapers. Now I love my wearing the diapers I have and I do not want to give them up.

i remember the first time i got "attached" to diapers was when i wet and messed the bed one night, and got put into diapers for the remainder of the week as precaution / punishment. since then, i really enjoyed them.
i have ongoing overflow incontinence issues and as a result i used incontinence pads for them. my parents thought it was unnesscary for me to be "in diapers" because they think i would be too troublesome. i never really actually "tried" diapers until when i was around 15. on some days when i get back from school, i would call my parents and make sure they aren't home and i would go to the store and buy diapers. i would spread them out and hide them between my folded clothes, inside my pillow cases...
right now, im slowly adapting to the 24/7 lifestyle... ;)

I'm going to guess the age was 6 or 7 for me. Maybe a little younger. I wet the bed at a young age but nothing out of the ordinary. I was potty trained at the normal age and whatnot. It just came on it's own. I remember visiting my Uncle and his girlfriend and baby when I was wee lad. I had a fixation on the babies diaper. There was this time in a grocery store when an employee with a cart came down the aisle. It was the baby needs aisle and I stepped aside and in front of a display diaper hanging off the shelf. I touched it to feel it's texture. I've none too many memories of my fixation at a young age.

Starting at about the age of 12 I began looking at baby photos of myself. I became aroused at the images of me seen in a diaper. Really, diapers were my first fetish. When I was 13 and 14, I would wear multiple pairs of underwear and pretend I was wearing a diaper. It was immensely erotic for me. My parents never gave me "the talk" so my understanding of sex and sexual feelings were almost non-existent.

I got a panic attack over my fetish because in my head I was thinking that there was this incredibly odd thing about me that nobody knows. The idea that no one knew but me drove me mad and I ended up telling my Mother by writing on a piece of paper that I used to like diapers. It's probably still one of the strangest moments of my life. I didn't understand it. I didn't know how to convey it. My Mother didn't quit get it. I don't think. Not sure if she picked up what I was so poorly conveying was fetish-based. After that, I choose to forget about diapers.

This was all back in 2007 and the years went on and I began telling myself it was a former fetish. Something I used to be into but no more. I rejected it because of the connection it developed to anxiety. Then maybe a year or so ago I began looking online a little bit for diaper fetishism. Found a couple results and it was relieving to read other people had/have that interest. Really, it was in December that I finally came face to face with it. Me and a very close friend moved in together and one of our first nights we began talking and shared our most personal sexually-related secrets. By that I mean, our sexual interests and fetishes. I told him. I had shared the story of wearing multiple pairs of underwear to emulate a diaper a couple years before. I didn't really touch too much upon it and everybody was drunk. I too, was a little.

After that conversation I began facing my fetish and accepting it. Then, a couple months ago I found this site and found out I'm not alone. Far from it. Found Bambino's website and now I'm completely at home with myself and fetish. I've even accumulated a stash and I wear almost every night. I could've saved myself some heartache had I found this website or bothered searching the web to see if others were like me. That's the point of growing. For me, it's always been there. I struggled with it because I didn't understand it. I get it now and we're all alright!

Last edited:
When I was 16, a close friend came out to me about being ABDL. I was accepting of her fetish and we dated for a while. After we broke up, I started having AB feelings myself. After this discovery, I spent my first year in despair over what I've become, but learned to accept myself. After accepting myself, the feelings lay partially dormant. It wasn't until a couple years ago I actually started indulging in some AB practices.

I started with a bottle, but eventually got into diapers soon after that. My first time wearing, I (re)trained myself to wet diapers. Nowadays, I find myself wearing quite often, as I do enjoy it. :D

I discovered my attraction to diapers when I was 13 and going through puberty when there was a diaper in our house for some strange reason (nobody needed them and they usually aren't in the house). I went through a cycle of shame and self-esteem until I was 17.

I had to wear pull ups until 15 due to an overactive bladder. At the time I thought it was a nuisance to have to wear them, because I just wanted to be able to go on scout camping trips without trying to masquerade my problem. However, about a year after I stopped needing them, I started to sorta miss wearing them.

As a child, the idea of wearing diapers again crossed my mind on occasions of which were seldom. It was around when I was 8 that my curiosity took me to the diapers that a relative of mine was wearing. After I started wearing, it became a daily thing, and I got away with swiping one of the diapers each day, and I honestly don't remember a time that I went in the toilet for a time period of at least two weeks for my number one.

Interesting time, I'd say.

My fascination with diapers probably started around age four or so. I am not completely sure, but I'm pretty sure I was kept in diapers longer than normal, at least regularly until age three. There are also pictures of me when I was two months shy of turning five in nothing but a t-shirt and a diaper, but it was taken during a visit out of town and may have just been for bedwetting purposes. As the years went by, I grew unexplainably more fascinated with diapers and wetting. Unfortunately I never had the experience of having to wear bedwetting diapers during my school age years, even though I regularly wet the bed until age 8. Retrospectively, I wish I would've kept peeing in my bed so maybe my parents would've been prompted to give in and put me in goodnites, but the past is in the past. Around fourth grade, I began to act on these desires, and would get old pairs of briefs from my drawer that had prints for little boys on them (e.g. race cars, footballs, etc). I would pretend that they were diapers and would sit on the toilet and let go in them. I didn't know how to do laundry so I just hid the pee pee underwear in my closet. My parents smelled the urine in there, but figured that one of our pets must be going in there to pee, so that saved me. Eventually my then-step mother found them and questioned me about them. I just said that they were old underwear from when I still wet the bed and was too embarrassed at the time to take them to the laundry. Unfortunately, this was my only outlet to act on my desire, and pretty soon I was running out of underwear to pee in. My step mom decided to buy me boxers instead since I was getting older, a decision that I only ran with until I was 15 when I switched back to white briefs (mainly for comfort, but they also look cuter imo). Despite all of this, throughout the years I had no courage to go get myself some real diapers. I fantasized about getting a pack of goodnites to wear since they had cute prints on them. I didn’t end up buying real diapers until age 17 when I finally mustered up the courage to walk to the dollar store and get store brand youth diapers. They were a little tight, but I felt so relieved to finally be able to wear diapers again for the first time since I actually needed them. Now I live in my own apartment, and my childhood fantasy of being a grown up who can buy his own diapers and wear (and use) them openly in his house has come true.

I'm right there with you! I got my own apartment as well. Despite the fact I have two other roommates who are relatively strangers. I have my own private bathroom so I have a decent amount of privacy. Try to keep the sound down and I use mostly at night. Still, I'm able to fulfill my fantasies. Huzzah.

The first time I wore a diaper outside of the regular time for one to wear a diaper was around the age of 8.

I was in my third grade year and had to move out of house because we got slammed with a wicked hydro bill because we lived in the middle of nowhere and my mother had no job. We ended up moving into a family friends place, it was nice. Then my curiosity got the better of me and I tried on a pullup that they had for their son, who was... potty challenged around the age of 5. If I remember rightly, the first time I put the garment on, I did use it. And in the times after, I remember the obvious swell from me "flooding" the pullup with my 8-year-old bladder.
Not exactly like my current day self who would fill it past leaking point, my 8-year-old self would wet it as much as humanly possible at the time, and still have some room to spare without leaking. My brothers had a gimmick of pantsing me so I never had the nerve to wear one anywhere else except the upstairs bathroom, which was right next to the room with the pullups in it. I did this for at least 2 months until we moved out of there.

The first time it was curiosity. But after a while, it became something of an obsession.

When I was 3 years old I would occasionally have accidents at day care on purpose to wear diapers and when I was 5 years old a friend had to wear diapers to bed and I remember being envious. The first time I that I started having fantasies about diapers was when I was 7, for no reason that I can think of. That was shortly after my parents got divorced but I don't think that was it. Maybe it all stemmed back to when I was 3 years old at the daycare or because of the envy I had towards my friends mom putting him in a diaper for bed. Growing up I thought about diapers and had vivid dreams often but I didn't get my hands on any until I was 24.

My story is very different from what the rest of you have related inasmuch as *when* I realized that I like wearing diapers. In fact, I have NO recollection, at all, of wearing diapers when I was a toddler although I must have worn them. Fifteen years ago, plus or minus, when I was in my mid-forties and came across a package of Depends in my (prostate-cancer survivor) father's closet whose household I was packing up in preparation for him moving out-of-state. I swiped a couple of pairs out of the package and put the rest in one of his overnight bags and never said a word to him about it. A few days later, at home, I put a pair on and immediately was overwhelmed with amazing feelings of comfort and security!

Since I was a kid, I've enjoyed wetting my pants here and there and make a habit of it when I go to the beach. Diaper-wearing just enhances wetting myself and I much prefer feeling a wet peepee-laden diaper than a pair of wet textile shorts or jeans against my groin. I also really enjoy the wonderful bulge of padding both between my legs and against my bum.

I eventually *graduated* to better pull-ups like AbriFlex but still enjoy Allways Discreet in a jam when I run out of diapers and have to buy them at the local pharmacy. Have been really enjoying Northshore Supremes, lately, with an added booster pad and wearing them when I'm working around my house, shopping or hanging out at a nearby live-music venue. Especially in the warmer weather, a pair of baggy cargo shorts and a long Hawaiian-style campshirt cover up any evidence to the unsuspecting eye. But, there IS a part of me that really doesn't give a hoot if someone figures out I'm wearing. I'm getting up there in years; that explains it!

Appreciate this forum, too. Reassuring to be reminded that we are not alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back