Thread: record skydiving video

Default record skydiving video

This is amazing. 164 people jumping out of a plane head first at speeds up to 240 mph to set a world record, falling into a flower formation and holding hands for several minutes before falling to earth. Simply breathtaking.

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/201...rld_recor.html

Wow, that is really awesome! They sure have a lot of guts to skydive. I bet that was quite an experience.

That's awesome. 164 people falling vertically from 20,000 feet holding hands is kind of crazy. The planning and choreography beforehand must have been nuts.

On another note, it kind of surprises me that there were 'only'(not to sound cold) 24 fatalities out of 3.2 million skydives in the US last year considering there is no [government] license required to skydive. It's a testament to the professionalism and adherence to safety while participating in an otherwise dangerous sport.

This is awesome!!! I heard about it on the news man I would have loved to have been up there with them!!

I saw it on the news too. It took them something like 15 tries and it took 17 planes each time to get them all in the air. It must have been quite expensive.

I haven't heard this before, but man, how completely stupendous! I'll bet that requires a lot of trial and error in order to succeed in skydiving at an altitude so high. I've never been skydiving, though.

Misatoismywaifu

Quote Originally Posted by arcituthis View Post
    That's awesome. 164 people falling vertically from 20,000 feet holding hands is kind of crazy. The planning and choreography beforehand must have been nuts.

On another note, it kind of surprises me that there were 'only'(not to sound cold) 24 fatalities out of 3.2 million skydives in the US last year considering there is no [government] license required to skydive. It's a testament to the professionalism and adherence to safety while participating in an otherwise dangerous sport.
    Trust your equipment and take care of it and it'll do the same for you.

God I would love to skydive someday.. When I can work up the courage I love a good thrill!!