[Help] Remux Multiple MKVs into MP4s? (Windows 8.1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KidRyan

Playful Explorer
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Hi, does anyone here know of a good remuxer with a user friendly interface, that can batch or queue alot of remuxes at once?

If you do suggest a converter, please make sure it can copy the audio/video streams from MKVs and remux them into MP4s.

My System Info:
PC Model: HP 110-326 Desktop
Motherboard: Hewlett Packard 2AFB (Ivy Bridge)
CPU: Intel Pentium G2100T @ 2.60 GHz Dual Core
Video Card: Intel HD Graphics 2500 (1920x1080x32bpp 60Hz)
Sound Card: Realtek High Definition Audio
RAM (Memory): 4.0 GB Single Channel DDR3 @ 665 MHz
HDD Space: 500 GB Western Digital Caviar (SATA III)
Network Adapter: Realtek USB FE Family Controller @ 100.0 Mbps

Last edited:
Whenever I've needed to do just a straight conversion for one reason or another, I've always used a program called Handbrake. Pretty simple to use and does the job great.

Programmatic said:
Whenever I've needed to do just a straight conversion for one reason or another, I've always used a program called Handbrake. Pretty simple to use and does the job great.

I love HandBrake's interface, but sadly it doesn't let you copy the original audio/video streams.

It only does converting, which is not what I want.

I use the Super converter software by erightsoft most of the time. The software works wonders for being free. However I do have to caution you, they kinda test your computer skills... they somewhat include malware and junk in there installer. You have to be cautious not to install any of it until you get through to the actual installer. I guess that's how they make their money for providing freeware... You can pretty much convert any format and you can queue them all up.

lilaznboy said:
I use the Super converter software by erightsoft most of the time. The software works wonders for being free. However I do have to caution you, they kinda test your computer skills... they somewhat include malware and junk in there installer. You have to be cautious not to install any of it until you get through to the actual installer. I guess that's how they make their money for providing freeware... You can pretty much convert any format and you can queue them all up.

Does Super have the option of not actually converting the audio/video?

I just want to copy the original audio & video streams from the MKV and place them in a new MP4 container.

ToddlerNaruto said:
Does Super have the option of not actually converting the audio/video?

I just want to copy the original audio & video streams from the MKV and place them in a new MP4 container.

Yes, the option is called Stream Copy under the Audio section, See screenshot for more detail.
3edcbf48e8.png

lilaznboy said:
Yes, the option is called Stream Copy under the Audio section, See screenshot for more detail.

3edcbf48e8.png

Thanks for sharing the pic, good to know it can copy both audio and video streams.

GPAC (MP4Box) and mkvtoolnix for extraction maybe? I think those have Windows versions.

ToddlerNaruto said:
Hi, does anyone here know of a good remuxer with a user friendly interface, that can batch or queue alot of remuxes at once?

Have you tried ffmpeg? It's a cross-platform re/de/muxing/coding thingy. The bad news is that it's command line only. The good news is that I've written you a batch file that will automatically convert every MKV file in a folder into an MP4 file! The original files are untouched, and the streams are copied, so there's no transcoding.

1. Install ffmpeg: https://www.ffmpeg.org/
  2. Copy the text below and paste it into a plain text file with a .BAT extension. You'll need to modify the path (the "C:\Path\to\ffmpeg.exe" bit) depending on where you put ffmpeg.exe
  3. Drop the .BAT file into a folder containing MKV files and double-click it.
  4. The output MP4 files are created in the same folder as the original MKVs.

Code:
@echo off
setlocal EnableDelayedExpansion
for %%F in ("%~dp0*.mkv") do (
    echo %%~nF
    "[B]C:\Path\to[/B]\ffmpeg.exe" -i "%%F" -codec copy "%%~dpnF.mp4"
)
pause

Hope that helps! :smile1:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back