Bambino TotalDry Plus Protection quick review

Status
Not open for further replies.

DprLuv85

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I ordered a 2-pack sample of the Bambino TotalDry Plus Protection about a week ago. Tonight I had a chance to put one to the test!

The first thing I noticed was how thin these things are. I would compare the thickness to something like the Depend Maximum protection...paper thin! Also, the plastic is fairly rough. So much so, that it is very close to feeling like a woven cloth like cover.

Some more evaluation may be necessary; but my first one is fitting terribly. I adjusted the tapes 3 times, and I still have a huge gap alongside the back top of the diaper. I can literally stick my whole hand down the back of my diaper without any effort. As a result, I don't feel very comfortable in them. Also, after adjusting the tapes a few times I noticed that the stickiness from the tapes is being left behind on the landing zone. I certainly wouldn't trust these tapes after adjusting, especially if you're very active while wearing.

After my first wetting, I realized very quickly the SAP ratio is low. There was absolutely no swelling, and I had to wait for the diaper to wick before sitting back down. Without doing so would have certainly caused a leak when sitting. I cannot attest to actual capacity as I've only wet it once. I will wet it again soon, but I half expect it to leak. Even after the first wetting, I thought I was going to leak however I did not.

Conclusion: for me these diapers are a fail. Perhaps the incontinence crowd will have a different opinion. After all, because of the thinness they are discreet and don't have a lot of crinkle. Unfortunately, for an ABDL such as myself, these are drawbacks! I probably won't bother buying again.

I wore these to work for about a year. They're cheap, they have good leak guards, (I have skin rubbing/friction issues) and they're fairly durable for daytime wear (as well as being a good level of thin for daytime at work) That being said, yep they are thin by DL standards, don't have much sap, and have a slightly textured shell (that reduces crinkle btw, again good for wearing at work) The front panel has a "medical" look to it, although the rest of the diaper is a flat white.

Recently I got a few cases of the regular waddlers. They are superior in every reguard except cost, but with the price drop they made, it became worth it. The main performance boosts were LOTS more sap, front and back elastic, and stronger tapes.

I DID run into a drawback however. I've always had a minor pimple issue on my hips due to diaper wings not being breathable. Normally a dash of talc after diapering for the morning prevents any problems. If you look at the inside of the wings on the TDP, you'll see there's a sort of a clothlike liner to them. It's not much, but it's there for a reason, allowing your skin to breathe and soak up a very small amount of perspiration. The waddlers don't do as well with this, and I think as a result are giving me much bigger problems with my skin on my hips. I've had to double the amount of talc I use, and I still have worse to much-worse pimpling than with the TDP. If I forget to put on talc, I'll itch all day and by the next morning I've got a crop of pimples on both hips. No bueno! I hope they fix that, because other than that issue, the waddlers are a massive improvement and make an excellent daytime diaper.

These are not the X-plus diapers that they've had for a long time. The TotalDry Plus Protection is a diaper they released just a few weeks ago. Since I've never tried the X-Plus, I can't compare.

yes, I am talking about the Totaldry Plus. I've never tried the xplus, but from what I've heard, the TDXP is the exact same diaper as the bianco/teddy/classico, minus the ABDL pattern on the panel. (made on the same machine)

I'm confused...how did you wear them to work for a year when they've only been out for less than a month?

I'm not trying to be a jerk, maybe they had a different version than what they just released; and that's what you wore to work?

Bambino has been selliing Totaldry Plus for quite a long time. Are you referring to their "all new" TotalDry Plus? No I have not tried those.

Yes, that's what I'm referring too

DPRLuv85 said:
Yes, that's what I'm referring too

From your description, the differences between new and old don't seem very substantial. I really disliked them before but was ready to try a sample pack since a good, discreet diaper would be a useful thing for me to have in the mix. Reading reviews, it doesn't even seem worth a sample pack, since they retained the elements I disliked so much (rough plastic she'll, very low SAP).

Trevor said:
From your description, the differences between new and old don't seem very substantial. I really disliked them before but was ready to try a sample pack since a good, discreet diaper would be a useful thing for me to have in the mix. Reading reviews, it doesn't even seem worth a sample pack, since they retained the elements I disliked so much (rough plastic she'll, very low SAP).

They're worth a try IF you're in the right market. They're CHEAP, quality is actually pretty good for the price, but they are thinner. They're safe for one wetting, though NOT while sitting. Leak guards are excellent, and they hold up to being worn all day without falling apart. (MOST diapers will have their leak guards falling apart by end of day... either separating from the shell or the strands of elastic breaking or separating from the panel and digging into your skin) By the time I get home from work, if I'm dry, they're usually still in good physical shape, which is surprisingly uncommon. The look and the texture aren't important while you're at work either. Haven't had one split, tapes rarely fail, and they don't stretch and sag. So for wearing daily to work, I think they're definitely worth considering. At home, not so much.

I actually just happened to go with one today at work; I've been wearing regular waddlers most days recently. Switching back, I'm reminded that these are slightly less comfortable in many regards. The crotch padding isn't as flexible, and the lack of front/rear elastic makes them not as comfy either. The waddlers don't cost that much more, and I think they're worth it for all you get, so I'm just working through my TDP and won't be reordering. BUT if I was on a tighter budget and still wanted to wear to work every day, I'd be sticking with the TDP.

$0.78 / diaper, shipped, for a large case. you're not going to touch that for what you get with the TDP.

bambinod said:
They're worth a try IF you're in the right market. They're CHEAP, quality is actually pretty good for the price, but they are thinner. They're safe for one wetting, though NOT while sitting. Leak guards are excellent, and they hold up to being worn all day without falling apart. (MOST diapers will have their leak guards falling apart by end of day... either separating from the shell or the strands of elastic breaking or separating from the panel and digging into your skin) By the time I get home from work, if I'm dry, they're usually still in good physical shape, which is surprisingly uncommon. The look and the texture aren't important while you're at work either. Haven't had one split, tapes rarely fail, and they don't stretch and sag. So for wearing daily to work, I think they're definitely worth considering. At home, not so much.

I actually just happened to go with one today at work; I've been wearing regular waddlers most days recently. Switching back, I'm reminded that these are slightly less comfortable in many regards. The crotch padding isn't as flexible, and the lack of front/rear elastic makes them not as comfy either. The waddlers don't cost that much more, and I think they're worth it for all you get, so I'm just working through my TDP and won't be reordering. BUT if I was on a tighter budget and still wanted to wear to work every day, I'd be sticking with the TDP.

$0.78 / diaper, shipped, for a large case. you're not going to touch that for what you get with the TDP.

We've been over this and I think we'll just have to agree to disagree. To me, the aesthetics of a diaper are always of significant importance and these failed in substantial ways for me. I've tried to make it clear that when I dump on the product, it's about me (as it often is with something as personal as diapers). The old TDP were a grim slog to get through the case I ordered and they made me mad as an ABDL. That's not what diapers are supposed to do and it doesn't matter if they're inexpensive or even free. Knowing myself as I do, I'd probably buy more if they just had nice feeling plastic. That's not all a diaper is to me but they almost make the grade in a number of areas but failing in every one but leak guards and taping panels just isn't going to do it for me.

I bought one bag a couple of weeks ago. I'm very glad I did not buy a case!

This is a very uncomfortable diaper ... the sole redeeming characteristic is that it's thin. I like plastic backing, but the plastic on this diaper tends to bunch uncomfortably in the leg creases. The result is an irritating pinching sensation.

If I were going out and needed to wear a disposable, TDP is probably a good choice. Sadly, as I sit at a desk most of the day, it's nowhere near as pleasant to wear as an Abena or even a Bambino AB diaper.

Have been wearing one of my 2 samples today. Like that it fits small and with little bulk. Don't like it's capacity. Have done 2 decent wettings and it's looking like it close to approaching failure. Not to mention that one of the 4 tapes broke... and I've only been wearing a little shy of 3 hours.

Bambino doing a six-tape...hmmm sounds exciting! bms

While I feel like these diapers are improved over the previous version of the Total Dry Plus, I, too, must agree that these diapers leave a lot to be desired. I feel like the cut is better and the taping panel is better on these than the previous version. I haven't truly tested the capacity of these diapers versus the old version, so that is an area I can't fairly evaluate yet. Still, these diapers suffice for times when I am out for about an hour or two and need to be discreet. Outside of that, I'd recommend the companies other diapers (such as the Bambino Bellisimo that I'm currently wearing)!

Better Review

Has anyone got a better review of this new diaper? Thinking of ordering but want more information. Pictures?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back