Which is better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melmel

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
So I'm relatively new at this and the only thing I've tried before are Always Discreet Underwear, which I found to be ok at best. I decided that next time I get the opportunity to wear (I live with my dad) I'm going to try something different. I'm stuck between Tena Super Briefs and Tena ultimate underwear. Which is better? Pros and cons of each?

Haven't tried either of them but if you are looking for a good reliable diaper try dry 24//7's they work great and are comfortable. I now wear them 24/7

One of my very favorite diapers is the Tena Super Stretch. If you're ready to step up from the Always pull-ups, why not go for it and get a proper diaper? (diaperbuys.com has great prices on them.)

But I have to agree with Rob that there are more absorbent diapers out there. If you'll have enough time alone to really use the capacity of any of the so-called super diapers, then go for it.

-RMS

I think any of the premium brands would be nice to try.

Thanks for the responses guys :) Ordering online is not an option right now without my dad noticing, so I'm stuck with what I have available to me in stores.

I haven't used either of the TENA styles you mentioned, so I can't help ya there.

To be honest, I find the store brand "fitted briefs" aka tape-on diapers are really adequate for me most of the time. They'll certainly be a step up in absorbency and bulk compared to the Always Discreet (which I really really like!).

If you do live near a Staples and have transportation, I think you can get Molicares on their website and ship to store for pickup.

No matter what, just enjoy what you have. You've got your whole life to enjoy diapers, so don't diminish your current experiences by worrying what you're missing out on.

Big hugs!

tg4selfcheckout said:
I haven't used either of the TENA styles you mentioned, so I can't help ya there.

To be honest, I find the store brand "fitted briefs" aka tape-on diapers are really adequate for me most of the time. They'll certainly be a step up in absorbency and bulk compared to the Always Discreet (which I really really like!).

If you do live near a Staples and have transportation, I think you can get Molicares on their website and ship to store for pickup.

No matter what, just enjoy what you have. You've got your whole life to enjoy diapers, so don't diminish your current experiences by worrying what you're missing out on.

Big hugs!

Thank you! This is the most helpful information I have gotten so far :) I would never have though of looking in an office supply store (or rather their website) for diapers lol XD You are also right that I have plenty of time to try all kinds of different brands, so I'll give what I've got in my stores a try for the time being :D I guess more than anything I was scared of wasting money on a crap product, but I think as long as I stay away from the infamous Depends, I should be good XD I feel much better now, thanks :)

Tena makes good products. I did not respond earlier because your question about which is better is like asking which of apples or oranges are better. I would tell you apples every time. Oranges have this orange peel on them and are filled with citric acid (orance juice) which I hate to get on my hands.

The Tena Super Briefs are briefs. They tape on, have a more diaper-like fit, and are not bad diapers. The Tena Ultimate Underwear are pull-ups which will resemble what you already buy, but made by Tena. I have not specifically tried either one. Tena updated their products since I last bought their briefs and pull-ups. I like their Flex and Stretch lines and have kept the Flex on hand since 2008. Any Tena product available to you is worth a try at least. Pay attention to the rain drops though. You may not want the low absorbency versions of their briefs or pull-ups.

They only way to know which is better for you would be to try both and find out. Neither will be a waste of money or a disappointment. Tena is a premium brand. They just do not make the super-high capacity briefs like Abena. They focus on thinner, more discrete products with quality.

Jeremiah said:
Tena makes good products. I did not respond earlier because your question about which is better is like asking which of apples or oranges are better. I would tell you apples every time. Oranges have this orange peel on them and are filled with citric acid (orance juice) which I hate to get on my hands.

The Tena Super Briefs are briefs. They tape on, have a more diaper-like fit, and are not bad diapers. The Tena Ultimate Underwear are pull-ups which will resemble what you already buy, but made by Tena. I have not specifically tried either one. Tena updated their products since I last bought their briefs and pull-ups. I like their Flex and Stretch lines and have kept the Flex on hand since 2008. Any Tena product available to you is worth a try at least. Pay attention to the rain drops though. You may not want the low absorbency versions of their briefs or pull-ups.

They only way to know which is better for you would be to try both and find out. Neither will be a waste of money or a disappointment. Tena is a premium brand. They just do not make the super-high capacity briefs like Abena. They focus on thinner, more discrete products with quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back