• Note: ADISC does NOT allow personal ads. This includes "looking for ____" or "anyone in ____" type introduction posts. To write a good introduction, focus on explaining who you are, NOT what you are looking for. The goal should be to help other people get to know you a bit.

Hi guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melmel

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hi, I'm Mel :) I am 22 years old and working on getting my life together, and I guess I'm that phase where I'm supposed to be an adult, but I still feel like a kid XD

Anyway, a little bit about my diaper history:

I think my interest started when I was very young, because I remember always trying to find more interesting ways to pee like sitting backwards on the toilet, peeing in the tub or sink (kinda gross, I know... hey I was young and stupid), or peeing in a container in the middle of the tv room while watching TV when nobody else was home. I did the last one on more than one occasion because I liked the idea of peeing while doing anything but sitting on the toilet. Now, my brother had a bed wetting problem for a long time, and one day I discovered some adult pull up type diapers in one of his drawers (why I was snooping, I have no clue XD ) that I guess he used at night, and was very intrigued! The next time I was alone in the house in I put one on and went to watch TV with it. And so I sat on the couch watching cartoons and as I did I let loose and felt the warmth spreading between my legs. I guess it was then that I was hooked. I only got the opportunity to do this a few times before the pull ups disappeared from his drawer, never to return again, after which I completely forgot about it all.

Now fast forward to January of this year. I don't remember what brought it all back, but something clicked, and I started really wanting to try it again. I still live with my dad, so I couldn't just go out and get some to use whenever, I had to wait for the right opportunity. This came in April when my dad had to go away on a business trip for two weeks, leaving me with the house all to myself, and extremely excited about what I was going to do with all the privacy :D I did a lot of research before deciding that I wanted to try Always Discreet underwear (the highest absorbency level) as my first experiment.

The only thing I didn't like about them is that they can't hold a completely full bladder without leaking a little bit. So now I'm here, where I can get more information about all of these different products from people with actual experience :D My next diaper fun opportunity since that last one, is coming up at the beginning of September, and I have been trying to decide which brand that I have available to me am I going to try next.

I'm between Tena super briefs, and Tena ultimate underwear if anybody has any advice. I just need something more absorbent than the Always Discreet that I found to be not quite good enough for my liking. I'm leaning towards the Tena ultimate underwear though because I'm not sure about going full on diaper style diaper just yet... since I'm still kind of new at all this :)

Welcome to ADISC!

I see according to your profile you have an interest in Hamsters. Do you raise them or do you just have them for yourself? I never had hamsters (I'm a cat person) but my sister had some hamsters at one time during our childhood.

I have a hamster :) She is a female syrian (what the pet stores would call "teddy bear" "panda bear" "black bear" or any of those dumb nicknames stores use to make an animal seem more special so they can jack up the price XD ) and her name is Maggie. Also, contrary to popular belief, hamsters make better pets for adults than they do for small children due to the fact that they are most active at dawn and dusk which is better for us people who stay up much later. They also cost more than you would think such a small animal would XD

Melmel said:
Hi, I'm Mel :) I am 22 years old and working on getting my life together, and I guess I'm that phase where I'm supposed to be an adult, but I still feel like a kid XD

Anyway, a little bit about my diaper history:

I think my interest started when I was very young, because I remember always trying to find more interesting ways to pee like sitting backwards on the toilet, peeing in the tub or sink (kinda gross, I know... hey I was young and stupid), or peeing in a container in the middle of the tv room while watching TV when nobody else was home. I did the last one on more than one occasion because I liked the idea of peeing while doing anything but sitting on the toilet. Now, my brother had a bed wetting problem for a long time, and one day I discovered some adult pull up type diapers in one of his drawers (why I was snooping, I have no clue XD ) that I guess he used at night, and was very intrigued! The next time I was alone in the house in I put one on and went to watch TV with it. And so I sat on the couch watching cartoons and as I did I let loose and felt the warmth spreading between my legs. I guess it was then that I was hooked. I only got the opportunity to do this a few times before the pull ups disappeared from his drawer, never to return again, after which I completely forgot about it all.

Now fast forward to January of this year. I don't remember what brought it all back, but something clicked, and I started really wanting to try it again. I still live with my dad, so I couldn't just go out and get some to use whenever, I had to wait for the right opportunity. This came in April when my dad had to go away on a business trip for two weeks, leaving me with the house all to myself, and extremely excited about what I was going to do with all the privacy :D I did a lot of research before deciding that I wanted to try Always Discreet underwear (the highest absorbency level) as my first experiment.

The only thing I didn't like about them is that they can't hold a completely full bladder without leaking a little bit. So now I'm here, where I can get more information about all of these different products from people with actual experience :D My next diaper fun opportunity since that last one, is coming up at the beginning of September, and I have been trying to decide which brand that I have available to me am I going to try next.

I'm between Tena super briefs, and Tena ultimate underwear if anybody has any advice. I just need something more absorbent than the Always Discreet that I found to be not quite good enough for my liking. I'm leaning towards the Tena ultimate underwear though because I'm not sure about going full on diaper style diaper just yet... since I'm still kind of new at all this :)
I started with Tena underwear and they worked a lot better than the Always

Fascinating said:
I started with Tena underwear and they worked a lot better than the Always

Thanks for the heads up :)

Tena is an excellent brand. I have some Tena Slip Maxis that I wear from time to time (full diapers, not pull ons), and they are very discreet and hold a lot. If maximum absorbency is what you are looking for, then you may just have to try diapers instead of pull ons. Pull ons rarely hold as much as a diaper.

Have fun with it.

Deke

Little2Roo said:
Tena is an excellent brand. I have some Tena Slip Maxis that I wear from time to time (full diapers, not pull ons), and they are very discreet and hold a lot. If maximum absorbency is what you are looking for, then you may just have to try diapers instead of pull ons. Pull ons rarely hold as much as a diaper.

Have fun with it.

Deke

Thanks :) Ok, I've been wondering, why is is that diapers hold more than pull ons? They're made of the same materials so it seems as though a pull on could be just as absorbent as a diaper?

HDIS.com has sample packs of briefs or pullups available for $9.95/pack for 20 (or so...) samples, 2 of each type, or 10 different brands. I like to get a sample pack, when I order a case of Reassure Overnights, just so I can compare cost of the Reassure's vs. comfort & absorption of others. Abena pullups are awesome, as are some others (Tena , etc.), but nearly 1.5 times the price.

Love pullups! They're my daily work wear.... Undies/training pants over the pullup, & plastic pants over that, helps cover little leaks. If you flood, you're not a big enough boy/girl for pullups, and you need to stick with expensive full barrier diapers. Even cheapies diapers won't take a flood (without soakers), but most will do OK with constant dribbles (my method).

I'm definitely a dribbler! Many warm cozy leaks, instead of a flood...

Melmel said:
Thanks :) Ok, I've been wondering, why is is that diapers hold more than pull ons? They're made of the same materials so it seems as though a pull on could be just as absorbent as a diaper?

For whatever reason, manufactures often put more material in their diapers than in their pull-ups. Therefore most pull-ups do not absorb as much as diapers. Another reason is diapers can be fastened tighter and therefore will have fewer leaks. This also helps diaper conform to individual body differences better than pull-ups do.

The bottom line is that most pull-ups don't work as well as diapers BUT each has their place depending on your specific situation pull-ups may be fine.

BabyDenise said:
For whatever reason, manufactures often put more material in their diapers than in their pull-ups. Therefore most pull-ups do not absorb as much as diapers. Another reason is diapers can be fastened tighter and therefore will have fewer leaks. This also helps diaper conform to individual body differences better than pull-ups do.

The bottom line is that most pull-ups don't work as well as diapers BUT each has their place depending on your specific situation pull-ups may be fine.

Ok, thanks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back