Not open for further replies.

BabyToddler

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
[video=youtube;U1KSUOJeXgw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1KSUOJeXgw[/video]

It was sad to see another great diaper be discontinue. I hope the new diaper will be better. They are getting rid of the landing zone. They are also adding major changes to the diaper. I never had problems with this diaper. One of the best diapers ever.

I hope so too as it's my night time diaper and holds a lake full of pee
Also larger pack size and capacity

Last edited:
I like the sound of bigger diapers, the M size fit me but was awkward and L was a bit too spacious. Still, it was my favourite diaper!!! I love them, and I hope this one will be as good ;__; ..or better?

I'm really wondering what company it might be to produce the BetterDrys... there are not that many options left when it comes to plastic backed thick diapers and none of them are really perfect. Seni, Ontex (Euron), Igefa (Kolibri), id, and Abena (or what's left of the plastic backed XPlus) come to mind. Let's just hope they deliver better products due to the contract than they would on their own... My bet is on id, because the overall shape and feel of the Expert Slip Super is quite similar to the Comficares, however they are nowhere near as bulky between the legs and I have no idea how the plan to compensate for that, if at all.

Apropos the trademark issues: As far as I know there has been an American diaper brand a long time ago which was called Comficare. I don't know whether they actually sold any diapers called Comficare, but name is still protected.

Maybe I'm crazy but is anyone else confused what they mean by removing the landing zone and adding double tapes? At least how I look at them today there doesn't appear to be a landing zone and they already have double tapes in both the blue/white pairing and the fact there's two of them.

Alpha said:
Maybe I'm crazy but is anyone else confused what they mean by removing the landing zone and adding double tapes? At least how I look at them today there doesn't appear to be a landing zone and they already have double tapes in both the blue/white pairing and the fact there's two of them.

There is a landing zone, it is made from even harder plastic than the outer layer :eek:! It's just super transparent.
Maybe what they mean with double tapes is "two chance tapes" The ones with the blue under layer, and the white tape on top so that you get another chance at fastening the tapes.
Those are my guesses.

I'm kinda bummed for those changes though. I really loved how I could take them off as many times as I just wanted to with the good tapes in the front and the very good landing zone.. I will try BetterDrys though. I hope they are as good since they are replacing my favourite diapers :(

Hi all,

As many of you I am really surprised by the announcement made by the company. I certainly love the Comficare diapers, and I hope the new ones are going to be better then the original ones. Can someone clarify if the new BetterDry is gonna be wider in the crotch area? In the video, the company director explained that there will be a modification in the diaper dimensions, increasing the length by a certain number of inches. However, I don't quite understand what he says about the cortch area. Is it going to be increased or not? My apologies for this simple question... English is not my mother tongue...! Thanks to all!

TyphaHare said:
There is a landing zone, it is made from even harder plastic than the outer layer :eek:! It's just super transparent.
Maybe what they mean with double tapes is "two chance tapes" The ones with the blue under layer, and the white tape on top so that you get another chance at fastening the tapes.
Those are my guesses.

I'm kinda bummed for those changes though. I really loved how I could take them off as many times as I just wanted to with the good tapes in the front and the very good landing zone.. I will try BetterDrys though. I hope they are as good since they are replacing my favourite diapers :(
Whoops I messed up. I read Comfidry, not Comficare. Wrong diaper [emoji28]

isidro said:
Can someone clarify if the new BetterDry is gonna be wider in the crotch area? In the video, the company director explained that there will be a modification in the diaper dimensions, increasing the length by a certain number of inches.

Basically, the shape of the diaper is determined by the shape of the tool (which is some sort of press). There are some things you can do, like changing the amount of pulp or SAP, use plastic or clothstyle backing, move around the tapes etc, all within certain limits. To change the overall shape however, you have to make a new tool, which is quite expensive. I guess, back in the day, ThrustVector approached the Chinese producers like 'We want a diaper of this and that shape, you build the factory line and we let you produce standard diapers for the Chinese market'. So the Chinese made the tool and the Germans ordered what they needed.

Now with ThrustVector switching to a European producer, they, of course, can't use the Chinese tools anymore and they have to adapt to a different process, that is to a different diaper shape. It's not really that they wanted to create a new diaper, they had to. And as long as they don't make a new tool (which obviously they don't, either because it's too expensive or the new producers aren't interested in such an enterprise), the new BetterDry is going to be very similar to other diapers we already know. They can, of course, modify certain things, but it certainly isn't going to be wider in the crotch area, because the ComfiCare is already roughly 2in/5cm wider than the average European diaper, and for that kind of change a new tool is required.

Just in case someone is wondering where I got this information: A couple of years back when the Fabine was introduced, there has been a huge discussion on a German forum and at some point, ABTischler, the creator of the Fabine, himself joined the conversation and explained how diapers are made and what it means to produce in China.

...the new BetterDry is going to be very similar to other diapers we already know. They can, of course, modify certain things, but it certainly isn't going to be wider in the crotch area, because the ComfiCare is already roughly 2in/5cm wider than the average European diaper, and for that kind of change a new tool is required..[/QUOTE]

Hi Astatine,

Thank you for your answer and detailed explanation! I understand that, because of the fact that they are moving their production to Europe the resulting new diaper is likely to be quite similar to the existing diapers on that market. However, my question about the dimensions in the crotch area and a possible modification on it comes from the video posted on this thread. If you have the chance to review it, please, note that the Director makes explicit reference to a modification in the dimensions of the diaper, both on the length and crotch area. What I would like to know -since as the English not being my mother tongue I might have been misunderstanding something about what he says- is if the crotch area will be increased or not. In other words, if the new BetterDry diaper will be wider in between the legs or not. Hope this clarifies a little bit. I'll be waiting for your comments. Thanks!

I just read here that the crotch area of the large version of the BetterDry is going to be 7cm/2.75in slimmer than the one of the ComfiCare (I guess this refers to the plastic sheet, not primarily to the padding).

Astatine said:
I just read here that the crotch area of the large version of the BetterDry is going to be 7cm/2.75in slimmer than the one of the ComfiCare (I guess this refers to the plastic sheet, not primarily to the padding).

bang goes their selling point.
a lack of decent crotch width has been the major flaw of most all non-baby diapers and is what results in leaks, due to the lack of a cupping form in the most laden area.

making new cutting toolings isn't that costly (i've worked in manufacturing and fabrication) and the descision to accept only what is on offer by whichever manufacturers is just laziness.
if the chinese can tool up and respond to market demands, anybody can. but, the diseases of laziness and greed amongst western businessmen and managers are what hinder.

(i'm about to make my own car ramps, btw, as the european ones are total crap, not having been changed since the 1950s, and the chinese ones, whilst being demensionally apt, are poorly fabricated, but done so for less than $30 and retailing over here for £150)

Fandangling around and turning a decent product into a cheap and thin one is what did it for me and Wellness. Same goes with PBE (Tranquility). A company can lie to my face and fool me once. ONCE. Then I'm done.

ade said:
making new cutting toolings isn't that costly (i've worked in manufacturing and fabrication) and the descision to accept only what is on offer by whichever manufacturers is just laziness.
if the chinese can tool up and respond to market demands, anybody can. but, the diseases of laziness and greed amongst western businessmen and managers are what hinder.

If I remeber correctly (I look it up if I get the time), making a new tool from prototype stages to the final version is the better part of a six-figure investment, which isn't going to be a problem if your turnover is high enough, which in turn isn't a problem if you can use the same machine for both a niche-fetish product and a mass-market cheapo version. If the latter isn't the case, a special tool is a big lump of mostly 'non-productive capital'. I think of it more as a necessary compromise instead of laziness. To be honest, I am quite surprised that a European producer is actually ok with a fetish product to be produced on his machines. This used to be a no-go a couple of years back. Well, since we don't know any further details yet, this is mere speculation, but if the big one dictates the terms, the small one hasn't got an awful lot of possiblities to negotiate, right?

I don't really think the thinning of the crotch width will be that much of a problem, I use comficares large, and I do find them a bit odd of a fit, too wide in the crotch, a little too short for where it counts, like in the back. If I make a 'tinker I get nervous about whether or not that will stay inside it, I much prefer the less wide, but overall longer top and front approach that for instance molicares have.

Astatine said:
If I remeber correctly (I look it up if I get the time), making a new tool from prototype stages to the final version is the better part of a six-figure investment...
but that's not the case: it's an established manufacturer/factory producing an established basic design (we're all still two-armed, two-legged and with a [cake laden] belly, aren't we? nowt's changed in the last ten years, there).
re-tooling is routine in factories (wear and tear, etc), which is why decent factories have their own machining room, sending away tools only for tempering. the chinese don't have any problem with chopping and changing their production lines to suit customer demand. plonk me in the factory concerned and, with the necessary power to hire and fire, i'll have it sorted within a week and for less than a grand (with arses kicked and a few noses bursted).

Astatine said:
Well, since we don't know any further details yet, this is mere speculation, but if the big one dictates the terms, the small one hasn't got an awful lot of possiblities to negotiate, right?
no, it's about customer service and the customer getting what they want and have paid for. i grew up in small business, so it's probably no surprise that i have a similar outlook to the chinese, and no matter how big a company, the bread and butter of business comes before owt; and that's customer service, be it retail, wholesale or trade custom.
allowing the politicking of 'negotiation' (simply put, talking about the possibilty of doing some work) is what allows the chinese to beat us in business; they don't talk about it, they do it.

Astatine said:
If I remeber correctly (I look it up if I get the time), making a new tool from prototype stages to the final version is the better part of a six-figure investment, which isn't going to be a problem if your turnover is high enough, which in turn isn't a problem if you can use the same machine for both a niche-fetish product and a mass-market cheapo version. If the latter isn't the case, a special tool is a big lump of mostly 'non-productive capital'. I think of it more as a necessary compromise instead of laziness. To be honest, I am quite surprised that a European producer is actually ok with a fetish product to be produced on his machines. This used to be a no-go a couple of years back. Well, since we don't know any further details yet, this is mere speculation, but if the big one dictates the terms, the small one hasn't got an awful lot of possiblities to negotiate, right?

I dont see the old "white" Comficare diaper as a "Fetish" product. The crinklz version is one, yes. In regard to the white version, I think many incontinent people did use them due to the capacity of the diaper and, yes, the wide crotch which mean the diaper almost never leaked out between the legs as many other diapers do.

I for instance saw it as an european version of the Dry 24/7, which isn't an ABDL diaper either.

ade said:
but that's not the case: it's an established manufacturer/factory producing an established basic design (we're all still two-armed, two-legged and with a [cake laden] belly, aren't we? nowt's changed in the last ten years, there).

Yeah, but then it's no longer a ComfiCare and I got the impression, that this was exactly the problem, no?

no, it's about customer service and the customer getting what they want and have paid for.

You could be the nicest guy/girl on the planet, making the best product available, offering the best customer service and working by self-imposed ethical standards that would even make Immanuel Kant's jaws drop, but: If you can't compete, you're out of business. This was true in 1776 (you know, Adam Smith and stuff) as it is today.

allowing the politicking of 'negotiation' (simply put, talking about the possibilty of doing some work) is what allows the chinese to beat us in business

Show me one corporation that doesn't negotiate business contracts.

NotTheAverageMan said:
I dont see the old "white" Comficare diaper as a "Fetish" product. The crinklz version is one, yes. In regard to the white version, I think many incontinent people did use them due to the capacity of the diaper and, yes, the wide crotch which mean the diaper almost never leaked out between the legs as many other diapers do.

I for instance saw it as an european version of the Dry 24/7, which isn't an ABDL diaper either.

I can only speak for Germany, and here it is practically inexistent. You can't order it in pharamcies or medical supply stores, because ThrustVector doesn't have a sufficient distributor network (like the big companies; everyone needs to have a contract with everyone else, suppliers, insurance companies, supply stores) and even though it has a medical supply number, no insurance company would pay for them because they are too expensive and too unnecessary. I'm sure the producer was aware of that when he first started making them.

Last edited:
NotTheAverageMan said:

:iagree: A diaper with a wide crotch better protection. The new one could be like a European version of the Dry 24/7 diaper. I was thinking of the same thing too.

- - - Updated - - -

Alpha said:
Whoops I messed up. I read Comfidry, not Comficare. Wrong diaper [emoji28]

That's ok. Did you tried a Comficare diaper? The diaper is really comfortable to wear. One of my favorite diapers. I just hope the new one is not going to be too bad.

What bothers me much more is his statement they need two months to get started. I think I'll change brands. This is really getting on my b@llz. Whats the use of a good product, if you can only buy it once per year? :wallbash:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back