Thread: Is this just me with the cloth like backing diapers

Default Is this just me with the cloth like backing diapers

I don't know what it is but ever one of the cloth-like backing diapers make my skin red and irritated even if they're not wet. I know I can not use different laundry detergent or soap, but one kind because of I'm allergic to all other brands So maybe it's just something in all cloth - like backing diapers or something. So that's why wondering if only one has this type of problem.

cloth like backed diapers can irritate your skin and some of them the cloth like material is rough like sand paper
    I prefer the plastic backed diapers my self

I hate cloth diapers period, only plastic disposable diapers for me.

I wear the cloth like backed diapers and have no problems what so ever. I don't like all the crinkle of the plastic backed diapers. You may just have extra sensitive skin for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Poohbearboy View Post
    I don't know what it is but ever one of the cloth-like backing diapers make my skin red and irritated even if they're not wet. I know I can not use different laundry detergent or soap, but one kind because of I'm allergic to all other brands So maybe it's just something in all cloth - like backing diapers or something. So that's why wondering if only one has this type of problem.

If these are disposable diapers then they stretch and yes they need to be rejusted.
    For some they chafe baby powder may help.
    Last edited by foxkits; 26-Jul-2015 at 20:56.

I get irritations around my waist and inside thighs, my problem is , is that I'm relatively skinny, 6ft with a 34" waist. I cant seem to get a good snug fit with cloth back diapers, I tape them snug and with in a hour they stretch out and start sagging bad, when they sag there extra rubbing which is the source of my irritation, Plastic backed products don't stretch as bad and I don't have the issues with them. I curious to try some of the new hybrid diapers like tena and molicare. Plastic core with cloth sides, I wonder if I'll have good luck.

It not them being tight it just make skin red and irritated like a allergic reaction or something. So it could be something in clothes fabric that does it.