Status
Not open for further replies.

RebelRebel

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
This is always something I take into consideration when I go out diapered; what if I get into an accident? As a medical professional myself I know that no one would really bat an eye at someone diapered coming into the ER but I was just wondering if it ever actually happened to anyone.

It's always my fear slash making a bad situation better. If someone I knew found out it would be awful. If I could be padded in the hospital it'd probably help my anxiety. Hopefully if it's my padding and I can change myself that is. It's not the best thing to involve someone else. If I'm panicked enough I warrant restraint I sadly can't do much about it...

Well for me that would worry the EMT's even more most likely. Why? Because my wearing a diaper indicates a medical condition that could complicate things even more. It has never happened to me ironically considering all the hell I have gone through but that's more because I was not incontinent the last time I had to go the ER. What happened was on July 18th of 2010 I had a left Patelar ninety degree lateral dislocation of my left knee again(I've had 3 knee dislocations so far with 2 of them being ninety degree. otherwise all of them the same). I was not wearing a diaper at the time because I was not incontinent yet at that time. Of course with me it would not matter because everyone in my area knows I wear diapers because some jackass I will be seeing in court decided that I did not need to be reasonably accommodated and the whole neighborhood saw my wet shorts that day because of that.

It comes under HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act)Privacy Rule.

I am a retired EMT an in my case i am going to tell them its due to my Small Fiber Polyneuropathy caused by a autoimmune disorder.

I have not have not been to an emergency room diapered. When I have have had to go to the emergency room, it has been for urgent care needs and I have made sure my attire was appropriate before leaving my house. When I cut my hand woodworking, I changed into clean clothes that did not have blood and wood shavings all over them. Other times when expecting a hospital gown, I changed into board shorts (swim trunks) before leaving home. Nurses get startled when that is the only lower garment worn. I hate wearing only briefs and a hospital gown to the restroom. Anyway, the ER does not care about undergarments except when they have cargo pockets. They are professionals doing a job: treat the condition which brought you into the ER. I would doubt diapers would matter to them. In the event of a real emergency, my diaper would be the least of my concerns.

I do some cray stuff diaperd but don't think ER would have any issues

So let's say after they discover you are diapers and they admit you. Do you think they will keep you in diapers because they know that's what you prefer?

They can't administer treatments that you refuse. So to spare them additional work and protect their property, it would be in their best interest to keep you in diapers (if you are IC, that is). No way I would let anybody shove anything up my weewee

i got shot about 6 years ago, the first thing they do in the ambulance is to cut your clothes off to check for more bullet holes. if you are actually hurt your not going to show up to the hospital with clothes on. they dont mind starring at your junk they probably wouldn't care about cutting away a diaper either..i was not diapered when they cut my clothes off because before i got shot i didn't need them...

- - - Updated - - -

BenTennyson said:
They can't administer treatments that you refuse. So to spare them additional work and protect their property, it would be in their best interest to keep you in diapers (if you are IC, that is). No way I would let anybody shove anything up my weewee

they will put you under and do the catheter..dont try to stand up when you wake back up...

Don't worry about your diapers and medical staff, I had to go for surgery a few months ago and they said to strip down to nothing and put on the supplied hospital gown. I told the first nurse I wore diapers for and OAB and she said to just leave them on and did not bat an eye. She put it on my chart And nothing else was said. They see diapers all the time for medical needs.

The best part of being diapered in a hospital is telling the nurses you won't be needing a bedpan or urinal jug.

I've not been to the ER diapered and I kind of wished I had bee now. The last time I was at the ER, I had hellish pains in my lower abdomen(I wasn't diapered at that time) it turned out to be a large kidney stone that was lodged in the tube that brings the urine from the kidney to the bladder, and I couldn't pass it. I was admitted for over night, because they wanted to put a stent in the next morning. I was knocked out for the procedure and after a coupled of hours after waking back up, I was told that I could go home but couldn't drive myself, so I called my neighbor and asked if she would pick me up. I also told her that someone would have to drive my vehicle home. After being discharged ( I had just peed before leaving )and just a 10 minute ride home, my neighbor let me out while she put suv in the garage. Before I could get to the front porch to open the door, I peed all over the place. So I was wishing I had been padded. I did wear to all Dr. appointments because I never knew when it would let loose, and I didn't want any more incidents. This is only the beginning of my adventures with the kidney stone.

I will agree with the other posters, the ER doesn't care if your diapered. As a long time member of our local first aide squad, we don't care about people wearing diapers. Everyone that see's someone diaper just figures that there's a legitimate need to wear, also we are in the compassion business of helping someone when in need. We seriously don't over think things when we see them. The only time we would report something is if we see signs of abuse, uncleanliness house hold (happens with the elderly all the time) and obvious use of illegal drugs, or illegal activity. Fyi from other threads, if you go to the hospital wearing diapers, you will be asked why by follow ups with you primary care physician, all records are going electronic and every doctor you see will have access to view them, You could wear tomorrow, go to the hospital and 20 years from now it will still be documented. just my 2 pennies

Having spent a number of years as a paramedic, one does get to see quite the variety of, shall we say, "personal flavours". But our job like all ambulance crews and then the ER is to pay no never mind to what we have discovered while administrating whatever care is required at the moment. More than once I have run into an individual wearing a diaper and naturally the assumption is "incontinent" and duly marked on the chart for the ER. Even if that assumption was wrong and the individual in question enjoy wearing diapers, it was not our concern. Our concern was to assist, stabilize and get you quickly and safely to the ER.

This was the exact premise for a story I wrote some time ago. It's one of my favorites to this day, and yes, it's a DL-oriented story.

-RMS

RebelRebel said:
This is always something I take into consideration when I go out diapered; what if I get into an accident? As a medical professional myself I know that no one would really bat an eye at someone diapered coming into the ER but I was just wondering if it ever actually happened to anyone.

I think an additional question to this is: Which diaper are you wearing?

If it's a Dry 24/7, Comficare, Depend...etc, they'll likely assume it's medical.

But if it's a Cushies, Bellissimo, Snuggies, DC Amor...etc, that's when I imagine they might get curious.

I'm sure either way they are much more worried about keeping you alive than your absorbent underwear. I tend to favor the printed diapers myself, so I've determined if it ever becomes an issue, I'll just say "This is EXACTLY what it looks like!"

I am both a former medic and now "incon" the only thing about being diapered at the hospital is they use diapers that are so friggin cheap they could not keep a mouse dry or leak free and they charge you like 12 bucks per diaper, in one day you could buy a case. Myself I alwats carry spares and if I am going to be admitted I have one of my aides bring me diapers from home they are much better quality and don't get my insurance soaked with a huge bill,so wearing is not a problem but the cost is.

PaddedWife said:
they will put you under and do the catheter..dont try to stand up when you wake back up...

Well that's assuming you did not tell them. By law you do have the right to refuse treatment actually. The thing is you still have to mention that to them if one prefers diapers. If you are say unconscious when you show up at the ER then they will do that. However if you are conscious and at least clearly lucid then you have the right to say no catheter. I know because my father works at a ER and doing that can get them sued actually. Well at least as far as the laws in the U.S are concerned anyways.

BabyBride said:
So let's say after they discover you are diapers and they admit you. Do you think they will keep you in diapers because they know that's what you prefer?

if they knew you wore diapers just because you like to/perfer them they would likely just give you some underwear still. Plus hospital diapers likely suck and aren't anything good like dry 24/7's. like 90% pulp and 10% sap if that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back