Diapers in an emergency?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did have this happen .... car accident and wearing goodnights trufit. Wasn't badly hurt so they left my clothes alone thank god but the xray tech saw it when they needed my jeans pushed down to do a pelvic xray. She didn't say anything. The only thing I have thought about is I'm super tiny so I normally use pampers size 6 since they mostly fit and are super cheap .... that would have been much harder to explain away then something that actually is might to fit me!! So now I only wear goodnights or trufits out in public lol.

...They'd see me in a Snuggies Overnight. They'd be shocked.

pampersonly said:
Well as long as its on topic for once I actually did have a padded experience in a hospital, I got really messed up ( busted collarbone, cracked rib , collapsed lung, and dislocated knees, and top it off and M4). I got a redneck ambulance (bed of a pickup) and once admitted they didn't care about the
M4 at all, I was mostly conscious for the whole event even when they cut my motocross gear off except for boots and helmet (way too much $$ to cut off)I laid in an ER bed for 9 hours in that M4. Although the attending nurse did ask if I needed a new one to go on my out.

Oh god, this reminds me of my first and only time I have ever been taken to the hospital because of a dirt bike accident. And something similar would have probably happened to me like it did to you, but in the last second before heading out my uncle said he'd be joining me and that was the only reason I put my diaper off that day.
I had a really nasty cut in my eye due to forgetting my googles at home, that caused my vision to blur when I hit a branch and that resulted in me sliding down a rocky hill and the bikes exhaust landing on my right leg. I don't know why but probably from shock I just couldn't move a muscle causing the boot to melt on my leg.
(That day I understood how my dad felt when he had his... BBQ accident...)

bambinod said:
The lock is just above eye level, leaving just the key visible, but it's very hard to spot
Looks good. Did you add the lock yourself or did you buy the cabinet as-is?

BenTennyson said:
Looks good. Did you add the lock yourself or did you buy the cabinet as-is?

converted cheapo cabinet from home depot: https://www.adisc.org/forum/album.php?albumid=1472

the cabinet was $40 and the lock hardware about $7. requires a way to drill a hole big enough for the lock

The slilde lock on the inside of the left door is necessary to preven the left door from opening when the right door is closed and locked. that makes it easier to set up since the lock only has to secure the right door.

Melon said:
Oh god, this reminds me of my first and only time I have ever been taken to the hospital because of a dirt bike accident. And something similar would have probably happened to me like it did to you, but in the last second before heading out my uncle said he'd be joining me and that was the only reason I put my diaper off that day.
I had a really nasty cut in my eye due to forgetting my googles at home, that caused my vision to blur when I hit a branch and that resulted in me sliding down a rocky hill and the bikes exhaust landing on my right leg. I don't know why but probably from shock I just couldn't move a muscle causing the boot to melt on my leg.
(That day I understood how my dad felt when he had his... BBQ accident...)

That sounds like hell, been there and done that in death valley rocks are unforgiving. Yea after that round in the hospital no more diapers for going out riding.

Riding is what put me back in diapers at night, sometimes I forget to stay verticle

I have ended up in the ER a few times diapered. The 1st time was after being in a car accident. I was in an Abena L4, I was taken into the trauma unit and stroked down to my diaper and socks and strapped to a backboard and C-Collar for the next 6 hours as everyone examined me and they did all of their tests.
Only time I was asked about my diaper was at the very beginning by the first assessing Dr. I told him that I was bladder incontinent and nothing more was mentioned.
I was left laying on the exam table lime that as everyone walked by and saw me but I was enough pain that I really didn't care and after that I had enough pain killer that it didn't matter.
The next time was for a severe ankle sprain. I ended up in the ER/waiting room for about 7 hours and while in the back exam room I started to finally leak. My wife went and asked the nurse for a diaper and they provided me with one and I hobblto the restroom and changed.
The last time I went to the ER it turned out I had a Kidney, UTI and blood infection and got admitted to the hospital. I had my wife bring a bag of my Dry 24/7's to the room and used those for my entire stay (3 days). The nurses were impressed with how absorbent they were compared o the ones the hospital provided.

I have never had any issues with any medical staff at an ER or hospital over my wearing diapers.

BabyJohn said:
The last time I went to the ER it turned out I had a Kidney, UTI and blood infection and got admitted to the hospital. I had my wife bring a bag of my Dry 24/7's to the room and used those for my entire stay (3 days). The nurses were impressed with how absorbent they were compared o the ones the hospital provided.

I'd be like "yep, these are REAL diapers, not those jokes you use here". And wow... that's quite an infection, amazing you only had to stay three days! Be thankful for antibiotics or that'd have been a death sentence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back