Status
Not open for further replies.

FluffyWolfe

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Little
With all the talk about stuffed animals, Teddy Bears and plushies, I felt like I wanted to get me a new one, I have some but all are in storage and a pita to get to.

Earlier today I was looking online for a nice looking teddy bear or stuffed animal, anything to snuggle/cuddle (whichever it is) with at night. I found one at Dollar Generals website for $20. I searched, Walmart, Target, Toys-R-Us and a handful of others. The closest was Walmart, but the selection wasn't good, imo, but Dollar General had a nice looking Teddy Bear.

Anyway, I had to take my grandfather to a doctors appointment today and there is a Dollar General next to it. After my grandfather goes into the doctors office, I go to DG and look around and find the only one they had...

That is a normal size tennis ball there.

This bear, is soft, fluffy and is 32" (81cm) tall.

I really wanted the brown bear, but all this store had was the white one. But doesn't matter though.

Once I got it home and got it in my house without being noticed, I gave it a big hug and felt all warm inside. I think I'll sleep well tonight :)

- - - Updated - - -

I have no name for it yet... Not sure what gender either

Oh, that's a really nice bear. I have a brown one that's about 2' tall. I sleep cuddled up to him every night.

I love your teddy bear!!

Of course, as I am Teddy Bear Cowboy, you have to know I love teddy bears. But the one you have is particularly cute and cuddly. May you have many hours of enjoying his/her company. Teddy bears and plushies in general are something that are some of the greatest companions around.

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW I want to do the same thing Note... That big teddy bear :wub:

Man, I'm so sad that there are no stores like that around here :(
- - - Updated - - -

If you don't mind me asking, what store is that?

Note said:
The Warehouse. Its so big (6ft) and heavy to move around, it makes me feel so teeny-tiny. >_<

Thank You.

I *think* that I found the website. Would this be it? www.thewarehouse.co.nz

Ooohhh how sweet, look at them eyes, *wanna hug you*.
I got myself a new teddy too last week, not as big as yours but I like it. But picking one is not easy cause they all have personal faces and some of them look sad (because they wasn't chosen to go with you) so you want to buy them all.
I know - I know - plushies dont have a soul, but in my world they do.

Note said:

Thank You. I am a bit sad, I wouldn't be able to get that big bear. The shipping would probably be 4 times the amount of cost of the bear. I'm in the US. Although I did add it to the cart and went through the checkout to show shipping. It only showed $40.00 for it being oversized, but I think that would only apply within New Zealand.

Even if it wasn't, I couldn't afford the adorable thing.

I could try to get this one, it's 236cm tall, but like I said, I can't afford it :sad:

magnolia said:
Ooohhh how sweet, look at them eyes, *wanna hug you*.
I got myself a new teddy too last week, not as big as yours but I like it. But picking one is not easy cause they all have personal faces and some of them look sad (because they wasn't chosen to go with you) so you want to buy them all.
I know - I know - plushies dont have a soul, but in my world they do.

Everything has a soul, even my computer that I built has one :p

Yeah I feel guilty when I've walked away from buying them in the past. I can feel them all sad while walking away /cry emote here/

FluffyMastiff said:
Everything has a soul, even my computer that I built has one :p

Yeah I feel guilty when I've walked away from buying them in the past. I can feel them all sad while walking away /cry emote here/

yeeees, I'm totally with you on this, hahaha, I have a really hard time throwing broken stuff away!!! and when I finally do I make sure that the broken thing has another broken thing as a travel-buddy!!! omg!!!

magnolia said:
yeeees, I'm totally with you on this, hahaha, I have a really hard time throwing broken stuff away!!! and when I finally do I make sure that the broken thing has another broken thing as a travel-buddy!!! omg!!!

I'm especially bad with electronics. When something electronic breaks, I take it part and get all the parts that I can use and throw everything else away.

I have two microwaves shells in my living room, waiting for bulk pickup day. Those were old ones, still worked, but old. But I needed the transformers from them to do a project, that I never started, but I removed everything that I could except the Magnetron. Magnetrons scare the pee out of me.

Yes!
Your new teddy bear is adorable!
I love my newest teddy bear, "Howard Hug" so very much and I sleep with him every night.

Thank You everyone :)

I think I've decided it will be a girl bear, now I just need a name for her. Any suggestions?

Suzie ?
Sammie ?

I'm horrible with coming up with names.

Last edited:
I had a nightmare last night (or was it night before last, can't actually remember), anyway it was a bad one. I woke up, with her in my arms giving me a comforting hug. I hugged her back and said thanks. I often have nightmares and never felt more safe before this, after having a nightmare. I almost cried about it.

But I think I have decided to call her Sammie. I think it's a cute name.

wow, I wish dollar stores here sold plushies that big (or really, anything bigger than like beanie baby sized these days, ugh) and yeah, when I saw her I knewww she was a sheeee, was gonna tell you *giggles* and as for name, she's your cuddle friend, only you can name her and Sammie sounds cute indeed (or maybe Samantha/Sammy? I dunno, probably my inner princess talking)

She said she likes Sammie or Sammy. She said Sammie sounds more childish and cute, so I guess that's what she choose :)

I'm looking for another one that is at least 42" to 50" in height. That way I can cuddle with it much easier. Being 6' 4" tall, it's hard to cuddle with something that's only 32" tall :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

After a quick Google search, I found these websites:

http://www.largestuffedbears.com/

http://www.lifesizestuffedanimals.com/

They might help others to find their perfect cuddle buddy. :)

They don't appear to sell them, but link to Amazon listings of the item.... They show a 78" Teddy bear ... Only if I could afford that :frown:

when ordering online though, you gotta be SUPER cautious on quality, I've seen bears for $100 dollars at Toys R Us that aren't even worth $10 because they use easily tearable material, fur that sheds like crazy, or horrendously bad stitchwork that's an accident waiting to happen. this tends to be most prevalant in large plushies because they want to make as much money as possible but still have to pay for the 'darn materials'....it's why I prefer to buy in person as you can feel them thoroughly, test their strain (ie cuddle them semi-vigorously and see if stitches start loosening) and make sure you're getting an ok price for something new. The best time to catch big plushies are of course xmas and Valentines day, but be prepared to pay easily $50-75 for a top quality bear that will last you years or more. anything less than $30 and you're probably not going to get quality (this applies to large-scale bears more so, but there are exceptions :3)

~Sincerly, an avid plushie collector :3

Cute, my most recent bear acquisition is the one that is my avatar. I didn't realize where the picture came from, but it turned out to be a Vermont Teddy Bear Co ad shot. I visited their factory a few months back and picked him up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back