Not open for further replies.

Tyger

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
I have been out across the country to help my sister and her husband move to Alabama from the west, and they know about and accept my little side. So I have been wearing 24/7 and pampering myself with dry 24/7's which has been nice, but I realized I packed just a little too much, since I will be taking a plane back and can only carry so much. In the end, I think I will only have to toss some of my cheap backup diapers, but it is kinda a funny experience trying to go through and make use of as many diapers as I can possible, just a weird predicament.

Tyger said:
I have been out across the country to help my sister and her husband move to Alabama from the west, and they know about and accept my little side. So I have been wearing 24/7 and pampering myself with dry 24/7's which has been nice, but I realized I packed just a little too much, since I will be taking a plane back and can only carry so much. In the end, I think I will only have to toss some of my cheap backup diapers, but it is kinda a funny experience trying to go through and make use of as many diapers as I can possible, just a weird predicament.

Well, that's an interesting predicament. I've never taken diapers on any of my trips, but I have thought about packing my Baby Pants training pants. The problem is that sometimes the grandchildren I visit have a habit of just walking into our bedroom, and to make matters worse, they're now in big boy underpants! Grandpa is not supposed to be lagging behind their biological development and potty training.

Tyger said:

hehe thats a funny predicament or you could buy a small box at your sisters and mail them to yourself or a friend

I'd get a box and ship them back... I typically allot 4 diapers per day when traveling. I usually am doing road trips so I'm driving. I used to pack all I needed in a suitcase, but this last year I just put the bags of diapers and stuff in a box in the back. As long as I had a diaper or two to take into the hotel, I could simply refil my diaper bag.... I'd rather have too many left than not enough.

diapernh said:
I'd get a box and ship them back... I typically allot 4 diapers per day when traveling. I usually am doing road trips so I'm driving. I used to pack all I needed in a suitcase, but this last year I just put the bags of diapers and stuff in a box in the back. As long as I had a diaper or two to take into the hotel, I could simply refil my diaper bag.... I'd rather have too many left than not enough.

That is kinda the same theory I went with, but shipping them back will cost more than it is worth most likely. I planned for 3 diapers a day, so I probably will end up not too bad.

So many for 24/7 wear. =P

I'm gonna be traveling next week, but I'm only taking 1/day for bedtime wearing, and perhaps even not that much since I don't mind taking a day or two off.

I routinely take too many diapers on trips. I don't wear all the time, but traveling offers an opportunity to wear much much more than normal. I often am over zealous on packing.

However I don't often fly - so packing space isn't usually an issue. However, I do have to be careful about how they are stored in the car so guest passengers don't accidentally stumble upon them :)

ArchieRoni said:
So many for 24/7 wear. =P

I'm gonna be traveling next week, but I'm only taking 1/day for bedtime wearing, and perhaps even not that much since I don't mind taking a day or two off.

I was thinking about doing 1/day, but I didn't want to risk feelin uncomfortable.

That's so funny I just have been traveling down to visit family and such and this was my first time I brought diapers with me. I only brought 6 and a cloth diaper So I was just going to only problem wear once every other day. I have access to a wash and dryer so I can use my cloth as much as possible while using the 4 disposables left for msybe traveling away from the house.

I would take min 3 to 4 diapers (Dry 24/7) for each day if you only wet, any thing less would mean you could be in each diaper for 12 hours and that's to long. ship a case to your hotel a few days in advance of your arrival most hotels will,accept medical shipments and hold them for your arrival.

Still fly with a few days supplies just incase your shipment gets lost or misplaced by either the shipper or hotel

Paddedwolf said:
That's so funny I just have been traveling down to visit family and such and this was my first time I brought diapers with me. I only brought 6 and a cloth diaper So I was just going to only problem wear once every other day. I have access to a wash and dryer so I can use my cloth as much as possible while using the 4 disposables left for msybe traveling away from the house.

I'm kinda in between sizes on my all in one cloth diapers unfortunately, so I have to compensate with suffers to make either size work right, otherwise I would do similar to what you did. The way it is for me right now, bringing cloth diapers would take a lot of space.

That is true they do take up space. I kinda wish I would have brought more disposables, but I'll live with what I have. I'm here till the 6th of August so for 2 weeks I gave 4 disposables

I figure after next springs vacation, which is 2 weeks driving on route 66, I'll either be done with wearing for awhile, or need to wear for a few days after

Normally when I travel I plan for 3-4 diapers a day. 3 for the day time and 1 for bed. It is always good to over plan. I have noticed that on some days I will not use all 4 but on other days I will use more than 4 so, it all depends on what I am doing and how much water I am drinking

I would plan on 3 aday and take a coupe of extras just incase you use 4 aday for a few days.
It's better to end up with a few extra diapers at he end of the trip then run out part way through and have to try to find diapers. If your on a cruise and you run out you won't be able to restock

Just a thought, you said they know and accept your little side. So couldn't you ask them to keep them for you so that next time you go you won't have to take as many with you?

LittleMattyMoo said:
Just a thought, you said they know and accept your little side. So couldn't you ask them to keep them for you so that next time you go you won't have to take as many with you?

I could have asked, but I won't be able to travel there very much, so it isn't that practical for me.

I need two to three premium diapers per day. I would rather take some more spare diapers than ending up without diapers. Sometimes it is difficult to calculate e.g. weather, fluid intake, big messes, etc.

Does anyone know a way to compress diapers back down some after having taken them out of the bag?

I resonate with the physical space issue -- I always want to have plenty but they really do take up a lot of room!!

I sometimes wear padded pants if I have to travel on a long train trip. The lines I sometimes use - there's a wheel change and the bathroom can be closed for a lengthy period of time. No one has noticed it.

- - - Updated - - -

Sometimes, packing them into a side part of a computer case which keeps them flat - i then usually try to change at a quiet moment in the train or I take some folded and sealed in a plastic wallet and take my rucksack into the bathroom - which has my toilet bag in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back