Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Over counting diapers for trips

Default Over counting diapers for trips

I have been out across the country to help my sister and her husband move to Alabama from the west, and they know about and accept my little side. So I have been wearing 24/7 and pampering myself with dry 24/7's which has been nice, but I realized I packed just a little too much, since I will be taking a plane back and can only carry so much. In the end, I think I will only have to toss some of my cheap backup diapers, but it is kinda a funny experience trying to go through and make use of as many diapers as I can possible, just a weird predicament.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyger View Post
    I have been out across the country to help my sister and her husband move to Alabama from the west, and they know about and accept my little side. So I have been wearing 24/7 and pampering myself with dry 24/7's which has been nice, but I realized I packed just a little too much, since I will be taking a plane back and can only carry so much. In the end, I think I will only have to toss some of my cheap backup diapers, but it is kinda a funny experience trying to go through and make use of as many diapers as I can possible, just a weird predicament.
    Well, that's an interesting predicament. I've never taken diapers on any of my trips, but I have thought about packing my Baby Pants training pants. The problem is that sometimes the grandchildren I visit have a habit of just walking into our bedroom, and to make matters worse, they're now in big boy underpants! Grandpa is not supposed to be lagging behind their biological development and potty training.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyger View Post
    hehe thats a funny predicament or you could buy a small box at your sisters and mail them to yourself or a friend

I'd get a box and ship them back... I typically allot 4 diapers per day when traveling. I usually am doing road trips so I'm driving. I used to pack all I needed in a suitcase, but this last year I just put the bags of diapers and stuff in a box in the back. As long as I had a diaper or two to take into the hotel, I could simply refil my diaper bag.... I'd rather have too many left than not enough.

Quote Originally Posted by diapernh View Post
    I'd get a box and ship them back... I typically allot 4 diapers per day when traveling. I usually am doing road trips so I'm driving. I used to pack all I needed in a suitcase, but this last year I just put the bags of diapers and stuff in a box in the back. As long as I had a diaper or two to take into the hotel, I could simply refil my diaper bag.... I'd rather have too many left than not enough.
    That is kinda the same theory I went with, but shipping them back will cost more than it is worth most likely. I planned for 3 diapers a day, so I probably will end up not too bad.

So many for 24/7 wear. =P

I'm gonna be traveling next week, but I'm only taking 1/day for bedtime wearing, and perhaps even not that much since I don't mind taking a day or two off.

I routinely take too many diapers on trips. I don't wear all the time, but traveling offers an opportunity to wear much much more than normal. I often am over zealous on packing.

However I don't often fly - so packing space isn't usually an issue. However, I do have to be careful about how they are stored in the car so guest passengers don't accidentally stumble upon them

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieRoni View Post
    So many for 24/7 wear. =P

I'm gonna be traveling next week, but I'm only taking 1/day for bedtime wearing, and perhaps even not that much since I don't mind taking a day or two off.
    I was thinking about doing 1/day, but I didn't want to risk feelin uncomfortable.

That's so funny I just have been traveling down to visit family and such and this was my first time I brought diapers with me. I only brought 6 and a cloth diaper So I was just going to only problem wear once every other day. I have access to a wash and dryer so I can use my cloth as much as possible while using the 4 disposables left for msybe traveling away from the house.

I would take min 3 to 4 diapers (Dry 24/7) for each day if you only wet, any thing less would mean you could be in each diaper for 12 hours and that's to long. ship a case to your hotel a few days in advance of your arrival most hotels will,accept medical shipments and hold them for your arrival.

Still fly with a few days supplies just incase your shipment gets lost or misplaced by either the shipper or hotel