Rearz Spoiled 1.0 Review

Fruitkitty

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
The Rearz Spoiled is a diaper designed by Rearz, a Canadian online retailer which sells both ABDL and non-ABDL diapers and incontinence supplies. It is designed to be as high-end a diaper as exists on the market, claiming to use more expensive and higher quality SAP, tapes, fluff, and plastic backing. The product description pays particular attention to the the diaper's SAP, claiming that it uses a more expensive version which absorbs more, faster, and swells more than the competition.

I am reviewing the medium size first generation Rearz Spoiled, as provided in a sample for review by ABUniverse in June 2015. The medium size is listed as fitting waists of 32"-42" and the large size is listed as fitting waists up to 52".

Appearance, Size, and Features

The Rearz Spoiled has an all-over print made up of a pattern of footprints in 4 colors and the word "Rearz". The footprints face different directions and the overall design looks colorful and chaotic, but it's not the most babyish choice of print. The landing zone is transparent and glossy.

271-1-FrontFolded.JPG

271-2-BackFolded.JPG

Front and Back of Folded Diaper, Respectively

To test their dry thickness, I stacked three diapers on top of each other and placed a heavy book on top of them, and measured their height. Together, the 3 diapers had a height of approximately 11.4 cm (4.5 in). Thus, the dry thickness of a single folded diaper is 3.8 cm (1.5 in).

This is one of the thickest diapers on the market out of the package, roughly the same as a Bambino Bellissimo.

271-3-stacked.JPG

3 Diapers Stacked

The Rearz Spoiled uses the conventional double tape design seen on most adult diapers. The tapes have a blue tip without adhesive to pull on. I found them to do an unusually good job sticking to the landing zone.

271-4-tapes.JPG

The Tapes

The plastic backing feels thick and smooth, with a landing zone that has greater friction and the feel of packing tape. The diaper has a fairly typical crinkle.

The inside of the diaper is all white, arranged in an hourglass shape, and extremely soft. It may be the softest padding I've ever felt on a diaper, and feels like a cotton ball. The diaper has standing leak guards and an elastic waistband in the front and back.

271-5-outside.JPG

271-6-inside.JPG

Front and Back of Unfolded Diaper

With the diaper outstretched, it measures 76.9 cm (30.1 in) in length, 64.0 cm (25.0 in) in width at the wings, 32.8 cm (12.9 in) in width at the center, and 22.4 cm (8.8 in) in width between the leak guards.

271-7-length.JPG

271-8-widthwing.JPG

271-9-widthcenter.JPG

Performance and Fit

To test the capacity of this diaper quantitatively, I ran a test to simulate use. I put a diaper on and then repeatedly poured water into the front of it in 100 mL increments and then sat down in a chair for 30 seconds each time to give the diaper a chance to absorb the liquid, pace the process, and see if it would leak when sitting. From the beginning, it felt like this diaper absorbed water unusually quickly. After 1500 mL of water, I first noticed pooling at the legs. At 1700 mL, I felt like I was sitting in a puddle. At 2000 mL, I felt like I was sitting in a pond, and started feeling wetness near the leg cuffs. At 2100, I felt the diaper press out as soon as I sat and it began to leak on my chair, so I ended the test.

After the test, I measured it and it had expanded to roughly 11.3 cm (4.5 in), nearly exactly 3x its original size.

Notably, the tapes held steady the entire time. I've had several diapers test to this level of capacity, but they've usually had problems with tapes pulling under the stretch and strain of the diaper's expansion. The fact that the tapes on the Rearz Spoiled held so well really impressed me, given that I've had so many problems those on other high-capacity diapers.

271-10-heightfull.JPG

Dry Diaper Next to Full Diaper After Quantitative Test

To gather qualitative data for this review, I put on a fresh diaper and wore it while going about ordinary activities. The diaper lasted a total of 6 hours, at which point the diaper leaked on a wetting and one of the tapes was close to pulling. I had about about a half dozen moderate wettings and some minor wettings, but did not flood the diaper.

I have a 36" waist which puts me within the size range for the medium, and this diaper seemed to fit well. The fit was similar to other mediums, the only difference being that the diaper is unusually bulky and fluffy while dry. It is very similar to the Bambino Bellissimo in size and bulk, but comes up a bit higher.

The tapes held well for most of the test, but they were at the point of pulling as I neared capacity. Overall, my experience testing this diaper has made me a bit more confident in them than the tapes on most diapers of similarly high capacity, but I wouldn't go so far as to say that this is the diaper that has truly solved this problem. Similar to other single tapes, once popped, they cannot be effectively reattached.

The diaper seemed moderately crinkly, with a bulky and fluffy build that allows the plastic to move around a fair bit.

Price and Final Thoughts

I received a sample for the purpose of writing a review from ABUniverse. They are available from Rearz in Canada, where they are currently being sold for 99.99 CAD for a case of 48, not including tax and shipping, though free shipping is offered within Canada on orders of $120 or greater. In the United States, they are distributed by ABUniverse, and are sold for 119.99 USD for a case of 48, with included shipping to the lower 48 states. This works out to $2.50 per diaper.

This is a high-quality diaper. It is also one of the most expensive diapers which is readily available on the market, costing nearly twice as much as the cheapest "premium" diapers. My testing does not, in my reckoning, show that this diaper is anywhere near being twice as functional as the competition.

That said, this may well have been the highest quality diaper that I have ever tried. I was legitimately impressed with the tapes, and have more confidence in them than those of comparable diapers. The plastic was thick, the padding was incredibly soft, the diaper swelled about as large as diapers can swell, and capacity was about as high as I've seen in any medium diaper. If you're willing to pay extra for the best of the best, this is a diaper worth your consideration.

Last edited:
I've been coveting these for the past couple of days now! Ooh can't wait to place an order >_<!
They have completely white version of this nappy, tho. I would love to have a good, fluffy nappy with colourful designs but.. feet.. does not appeal at all. I am willing to pay extra for Crinklz for the amazing pattern they have (cute babyfur animals!!! AAHHH!!! <3) instead of buying the same diaper white (Comficare L10) but with this one I'm just.. dunno. If they were even like, flowers or birds or cute little bugs. Anything but footprints XD

I wonder if they tried to make a diaper which appeals to all AB, DL and general public? That might be why the pattern is so, hum, conservative instead of being cute animals and stuff.

TyphaHare said:
I've been coveting these for the past couple of days now! Ooh can't wait to place an order >_<!
They have completely white version of this nappy, tho. I would love to have a good, fluffy nappy with colourful designs but.. feet.. does not appeal at all. I am willing to pay extra for Crinklz for the amazing pattern they have (cute babyfur animals!!! AAHHH!!! <3) instead of buying the same diaper white (Comficare L10) but with this one I'm just.. dunno. If they were even like, flowers or birds or cute little bugs. Anything but footprints XD

I wonder if they tried to make a diaper which appeals to all AB, DL and general public? That might be why the pattern is so, hum, conservative instead of being cute animals and stuff.

I haven't heard any explanation for the feet yet. They turned out to be a little more appealing in person than they were in pics but I'm still going to go with either white or the safari print when available.

Trevor said:
I'm still going to go with either white or the safari print when available.

There is going to be safari print!?!!?! Now I am excited XD hahah
But yeah, I am always, ALWAYS really glad when a new super colourful diaper comes on the market especially when you can actually get them in Europe! So I think I just might have to get one case of these too.

TyphaHare said:
But yeah, I am always, ALWAYS really glad when a new super colourful diaper comes on the market especially when you can actually get them in Europe! So I think I just might have to get one case of these too.

Looks better than feet: http://www.rearz.ca/rearz-spoiled-safari-preorder-p-1039.html

- - - Updated - - -

TyphaHare said:

Looks better than feet: http://www.rearz.ca/rearz-spoiled-safari-preorder-p-1039.html

Okay, those made me squeal in joy!! I hope I can get them as soon as they come out :p!

Love those prints! I was reading your reviews on the snuggies waddlers, given the choice between the two, which one would you go with and why?

How about odor protection? Any diaper even the most absorbant ones are useless if you smell of wet diaper after a few hours. One reason why I ditched the Abena xplus - my wife complained that I smelled after a few hours.

NotTheAverageMan said:
How about odor protection? Any diaper even the most absorbant ones are useless if you smell of wet diaper after a few hours. One reason why I ditched the Abena xplus - my wife complained that I smelled after a few hours.

Yes, I agree .. and actually wish more people included that little bit of info in their reviews as it can be a deal breaker for me. I had once purchased Abena as well and had the same issue. They begin to stink pretty bad. Maybe it's just an Abena thing though, because I never had that problem with any other diaper really ... at least not that bad.

Another diaper I would like to try not to babhies

Back