ConfiDry 24/7 Review

Fruitkitty

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
The ConfiDry 24/7, typically called just "Dry 24/7" in the ABDL community, is a high-end "premium" diaper. It is an all-white diaper with no prints which is marketed to the general, non-ABDL market. It is sold in small, medium, and large sizes, advertises every bell and whistle that one can typically find on a diaper, and claims a high capacity with the pitch that just a few changes will last through a typical day.

This diaper was taken off the market for over a year in order to move production and make revisions to the product. The new version was relaunched in late 2014.

I am reviewing the medium size ConfiDry 24/7, as purchased in February 2015. The small size is listed as fitting waists of 21-31", the medium is listed as fitting waists of 32-42", and the large is listed as fitting waists of 43-65".

Appearance, Size, and Features

The Dry 24/7 has an all-white appearance, with no markings whatsoever. There is no distinct landing zone panel for the tapes.

270-1-FrontFolded.JPG

270-2-BackFolded.JPG

Front and Back of Folded Diaper, Respectively

To test their dry thickness, I stacked three diapers on top of each other and placed a heavy book on top of them, and measured their height. Together, the 3 diapers had a height of approximately 10.2 cm (4.0 in). Thus, the dry thickness of a single folded diaper is 3.4 cm (1.3 in).

270-3-stacked.JPG

3 Diapers Stacked

The Dry 24/7 is one of the few diapers on the market to have a double tape system in which each tape has both a top tape and a bottom, "second chance" tape. The top tape is white and the bottom is blue. If the blue tape pops or you otherwise want to change the tape placement, you can just peel off the white tape and use it to re-tape the diaper. It also makes it easy to tape up the diaper for disposal after use. It's a welcome feature that saves a lot of tape-related headaches with the few diapers that have them.

270-4-tapes.JPG

The Tapes

The outside cover of the diaper feels substantial, with plastic that feels relatively thick and soft but has a lot of friction to the touch. It has a fairly typical and moderate crinkle. The inside is all white, and the padding is arranged in an hourglass shape with a diamond pattern which is visible through the backsheet. It has a dense, packed-cotton feel to it, which is harder than that of many other diapers. The diaper has standing leakguards, and elastic waistbands in both the front and back.

270-5-outside.JPG

270-6-inside.JPG

Front and Back of Unfolded Diaper

With the diaper outstretched, it measures 81.1 cm (31.8 in) in length, 72.4 cm (28.5 in) in width at the wings, 27.8 cm (11 in) in width at the center, and 16.3 cm (6.5 in) in width between the leak guards. It is a noticeably large diaper for a medium size, and is in fact the only medium diaper that I've ever reviewed which stretched over the edges of my table. Dry 24/7s have a well-earned reputation for running larger than comparable diapers.

270-7-length.JPG

270-8-widthwing.JPG

270-9-widthcenter.JPG

Performance and Fit

To test the capacity of this diaper quantitatively, I ran a test to simulate use. I put a diaper on and then repeatedly poured water into the front of it in 100 mL increments and sitting down in a chair for 30 seconds each time to give the diaper a chance to absorb the liquid, pace the process, and see if it would leak when sitting. At 1100 mL, I noticed that water felt like it was running near the cuffs when I added increments. At 1400 mL, an upper tape began to pull. At 1500 mL, I started feeling wet while I was sitting. At 1600 mL, I started noticing wetness around the leg cuffs. At 1800 mL, I felt like I was sitting in a pond. At 1900 mL of water, the diaper began to leak on my chair, and I ended the test.

I then took off the full diaper and folded it back up to compare its thickness to a dry diaper. It had expanded to roughly 10.1 cm (4 in), almost exactly 3x its original thickness.

Notably, while this diaper held out as long as other top-tier diapers, for almost half the test, it felt very wet and as if it was close to leaking.

270-10-heightfull.JPG

Dry Diaper Next to Full Diaper After Quantitative Test

I put on a fresh diaper and wore it while going about ordinary activities. The diaper lasted a total of 3 hours, during which time I had several medium wettings and some minor wettings, but did not flood it. This diaper leaked much sooner than I expected, so I tried another, but again, it leaked after 3 hours.

With a 36" waist, I am in the center of the listed size range, but this diaper, which had measured larger than most other mediums and clearly felt larger when I wore it, fit different than other mediums. It was a looser, less snug fit, and I think that contributed to it leaking much sooner than I expected. Certainly, given the result of the quantitative test, I expected this diaper to be capable of lasting as long as other "premium" diapers, and perhaps on another person it would.

The tapes stuck, but the diaper also didn't get to a point where it put them under high strain. Moreover, I felt the diaper's larger fit made it a bit difficult to tape them particularly snug, but I imagine that this is highly dependent on the individual wearer and fit.

The diaper is fairly quiet. The diaper is dense and the plastic doesn't seem to have much space to move about.

Price and Final Thoughts

I received a sample of these diapers for review from a fellow ABDL. They are available from XPMedical.com for 104.95 USD per case of 72. This works out to $1.46 per diaper, similar to other non-ABDL high-end, "premium" diapers, and a few pennies cheaper than the Abena M4 from the same vendor.

This is a great diaper at a competitive price, though I had problems that seemed to stem from the unusually large fit. I still saw great potential in this diaper otherwise, with top-tier capacity and high-quality design all-around. There are sporadic reports in the community related to problems with the tapes on this diaper, but my testing didn't seem to show the tapes to be any worse that is typical for high-end diapers, where pulling after the diaper has expanded substantially is a common problem.

This diaper has a unique advantage in being a very well-priced all-white diaper. Several ABDL manufacturers offer all-white diapers, but it is not very common for non-ABDL diapers to be completely free of markings. The fact that this one is all-white almost by default makes it the cheapest "premium" diaper in this category. Similarly, it has an advantage in being available in a size small, which few ABDL diapers can boast. It's a non-ABDL product with crossover appeal, which makes for a cheaper diaper available in a wider range of sizes.

Ultimately, this diaper stacks up well to other "premium" diapers, with similar capacity, similar price, and all of the higher-end feature that can be found on diapers.

• Love
Reactions: MegaLugia, BABYTIGERCUB, diaperdude and 1 other person
I am going to add to this review, that Dry Care made some recent changes to their line. They are now about 1/8" narrower, the double tapes are a darker shade of blue, and the standing leak barriers are far more substantial.

Great Review - Best Prices Online?

Great review! I am currently trying out a pack of 18 of the Dry 24/7 diapers in the large, and I really like them a whole lot. They are the first diaper I have worn that has not leaked, even if I am laying on my side in bed. I really have to soak and stress them to even begin leaking. The thickness, particularly, the bulk in the front, does take a little while to get used to, as well as the double-taping system. However, these are small concerns. These diapers are very sturdy, and are fast becoming my favorites. I do have a quick question please: where can you purchase these for the cheapest price online? I bought the first pack from XP Medical. They offer a case of large Dry 24/7 (72 count) for $104.95, with shipping included. Does anyone know of any place that offers them cheaper than that? Please let me know! Thank you so much!

Have to say, this diaper isn't doing it for me. I find them hard to tape evenly, and my size (43" around the hips) means I am just out of medium range, and at the very bottom of large. They do sure hold a lot though. I think I'll stick to my L4's.

Reactions: FriendlyBear
Awesome Review But My Grandfather use Comfy Max Premium Adult Diaper . Pack of 10, 71cm-101cm (28"-40") .

is the plastic covering like the bambinos?

Reactions: PlastiBrain
It's been a long time since I've had a bambino, but it's a reasonably heavy plastic a bit more "matte" in appearance than the Bambino I recall.

I bought some of the smalls, and they feel to small. Would the mediums be to large? I'm a size 32 waist. And I keep hearing about how there sizing runs big.

These are excellent overnight diapers. They are long, so they rise high on the waist. They are also incredibly absorbent.

I just purchased a case-they're NICE! There's no "landing strip" though. I'll be wearing these for awhile! They're a little noisy but that's ok-I like crinkly pampers. One thing-I like the length.They're longer than Northshore which is the ONLY reason I don't buy them instead (being cheaper than ComfyDry). So far, it's a toss up of whether not I like them better than Abena M-4's-I REALLY like M-4's!+they're WAY cheaper than 24/7's.
I think ComfyDry may be noisier than Abena...what do you think?

Sent from my KYOCERA-C6742 using Tapatalk

I detest "landing strips."

As for the NSC, you might try going UP one size. I tend to find that Comfi/Dry is more realistic in their sizing (at least for my body) than others. I wear a M in Comfidry and a L in just about everything else.

these work well in the comfort and absorbency department. , however do have some faults.

the lower right tapes like to just slip or pop off, very frustrating.

the leg gathers are very high and actually cause me chafe issues but everybodies body is different.

the last case i had smelled like a pulp mill<think skunk> not sure why but was sort of annoying........

- - - Updated - - -

i forgot to add the other feature i actually really enjoyed was how high the "rise" was on these diapers. they cover my belly button and go up pretty far in the back, at least for me its a very secure feeling.

redbullfiend said:
these work well in the comfort and absorbency department. , however do have some faults.

the lower right tapes like to just slip or pop off, very frustrating.

the leg gathers are very high and actually cause me chafe issues but everybodies body is different.

the last case i had smelled like a pulp mill<think skunk> not sure why but was sort of annoying........

- - - Updated - - -

i forgot to add the other feature i actually really enjoyed was how high the "rise" was on these diapers. they cover my belly button and go up pretty far in the back, at least for me its a very secure feeling.
I have the same issue with the lower tapes. Both sides.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I've been wearing the ConfiDry 24/7 for several years now, after switching from the Abena X-Plus diapers. For the most part, I wore both 24/7. Although the absorbency was comparable between the two, I prefer the ConfiDry since the larger "medium" size fit me better than the X-Plus did, and I favored the unmarked exterior of the ConfiDry. I used both diapers with a booster pad and always changed after four hours of wear or four wettings, whichever came first. I generally kept the same diaper on all night due to the reduced urine output of my kidneys. I've only had one significant leak, and that was at night due to a loose upper tape. I now reinforce the upper tape with clear packing tape and I haven't had a repeat of the problem. I got used to wearing plastic pants over my diapers back in the pre-SAP days (the old Depends and Attends purchased at the local drug store) when diapers would leak after one wetting and the extra protection helped guard against catastrophic leaks. With today's premium diapers like the ConfiDry, plastic pants aren't really necessary for the extra waterproofing (although that can't hurt), but do help to protect the tapes from unfastening and also offer a bit of concealment. Bulk under clothing is always an issue with the high-capacity premium diapers like the ConfiDry, and that is compounded by the plastic pants. That said, dressing appropriately helps, and most people never notice anyway. Only my wife and children notice the bulk, but both have said that if they didn't already know that I wear diapers, they wouldn't realize what the bulk was. The rustling of the diaper can be heard, although how much is dependent on the type of clothing being worn. My plastic pants make noise too, so the noise issue really can't be helped. If you're going to wear diapers around other people, that's just something that you have to accept.

jdp070 said:
These are excellent overnight diapers. They are long, so they rise high on the waist. They are also incredibly absorbent.

Indeed, that´s why they are my favorite. Such a good diaper for sleeping, 12 hours and no leaks. Since I don´t live in the US they are way too expensive to use on a daily basis because I would have to pay them on my own. I stick with other brands like the BetterDry. They also hold 12 hours(and longer o_O) but if I turn in my sleep I sometimes wake up in the later phase of sleep because it felt like something hit me slightly in the crotch. Wich happens when I turn on your belly and the ridiculously swollen front presses on your crown jewels(while the back is practically dry). I really wish they would find a solution for this.

The dry 24/7's are my favorite diaper. I'm in between a medium in a large on most adult diapers and these fit me perfectly in a size medium. I like that they are all white with no wetness indicator. If only the second chance tapes where all white. I grow up in a the 80's when disposables back then was all white. No color or cartoons. Just a thick white plastic back disposable diaper.

I do like how thick these diapers are. However, I am very small, but not small enough to wear there size small, but too small for their size medium! I’ve never seen another brand that does sizing like this!

diaperpatrol said:
I do like how thick these diapers are. However, I am very small, but not small enough to wear there size small, but too small for their size medium! I’ve never seen another brand that does sizing like this!
Years ago they shifted their sizes one step. Mediums became small, larges became medium, etc. Their sizing doesn't match anyone else.

Trevor said:
Years ago they shifted their sizes one step. Mediums became small, larges became medium, etc. Their sizing doesn't match anyone else.
Good to know! Maybe I’ll give them a second try soon!

Their the only diaper brand a medium fits me comfortably

Back