Plushies

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as I hate to admit it, I'm still pretty afraid of the dark. Always have been and probably always will be. When I started sleeping with plushies again, that anxiety I had while trying to go to sleep went away almost completely. Now I can't sleep without them! Interesting. It'd be pretty cool to learn the actual science behind why plushies are so comforting.

I sleep pretty much exclusively with a big teddy bear that my dad got when he was 10 (weird to think this bear is 20 years older than me o_o). But he makes me feel very close to little me because he wears my old toddler sized Philadelphia Eagles jersey that I used to wear all the time back in preschool. If it says anything about me it's that I've been a die hard Eagles fan since day 1 :cool:

MattCatt said:
This is an interesting topic. For me a lot of the plushies I own are based on animals I like and would like to own as a pet but can't (things like tigers and other big cats mainly, but also a few other things like foxes and bears) so having those plushies is like being able to own that animal in a way. There's probably more to it than that, though.

And dragons, don't forget dragons ! why we can't have a dragon pet :( ?

Plushies are comforting to own and to hug, regardless of type.
Plushies are about love and caring.
I love my teddy bears, "Howard Hug" and "Poopy" very much.
They help me to feel safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back