What's That Smell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueGrey

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
It happens that we live in a rural area. Like yesterday when I drove in, 4 deer were trotting along the road ahead of me.
Well, this morning the alarm went off and it's Monday. Got to get up and go to work. I rolled over and woah! what a stench. My diaper wreaks! I got up and went to the dresser by the open window and realized it wasn't me. Apparently Peppi Le Pew had chosen our yard to pass through. For those who have not had the displeasure, be assured that the cartoon depiction of the flowers wilting and animals collapsing seems pretty accurate when he comes by. I shut the window and sprayed some deoderizer. Good for more than just diaper smells.

No, it was the skunk all right.

yah they have a nasty smell.

My dog got sprayed by a skunk a few months ago. Not fun. That smell is bad enough to make your eyes water.

I had to laugh over the fact that you thought it was you! Hopefully your diaper doesn't get that bad.

dogboy said:
I had to laugh over the fact that you thought it was you! Hopefully your diaper doesn't get that bad.

+1

If you had to think about whether it was you or a skunk, it was well past time for a change.

Skunks do make a big stink, when they spray.
:eek:

ah the lovely skunk.

We get them often around here... well my brothers dog gets them, and gets sprayed, but the numbers have been less. So I don't mind the smell after the first week. It seems that my brothers dog gets sprayed once a month or every other month :lol:

however I do agree the smell is horrible, especially when it's fresh.

Soo glad we don't have skunks in the UK

parcelboy2 said:
Soo glad we don't have skunks in the UK

If you want one, I send a few ! :)

I was traveling back to uni once with a girl I barely knew. It was night and we were going through the country when I smelled that awful stench. I had never smelled one that intense before and was wondering if it was my car or I had a BO problem when the girl said "That sure is a bad smelling skunk!"

zipperless said:
when the girl said "That sure is a bad smelling skunk!"

Why did I read that in a strong Southern accent? oh wait... that's right, I'm from Texas, but I didn't read it in Texan though, it was like South-Eastern or something :shrug:

On the otherhand, Skunks can be cute, really cute. Some people keep them as pets (after having the scent gland removed)...

Here's a video of a wild baby skunk... awww (BTW, this is not recommended to do, especially if one comes up to you during the day.)
[video=youtube;Dp7K37uQ3K4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dp7K37uQ3K4[/video]

FluffyMastiff said:
Why did I read that in a strong Southern accent? oh wait... that's right, I'm from Texas, but I didn't read it in Texan though, it was like South-Eastern or something :shrug

I forget her exact words but it was in Arizona so maybe a southwestern accent, if there is one?

when I was a younger the some people down the road had a pet skunk. they had it spray sack removed, and kept it as a pet.
is was quite friendly pet much like a cat in ways.
I don't think they would let you keep a skunk now a days though.

You can still get pet skunks. Some states maybe not, but I've seen a few pet skunks in Petco and PetSmart and the faces of other people were priceless. I walk up to the owner and ask to pet and hold it.

I actually live about 10 minutes from downtown and it is like I'm in the country. . .tons of skunks pass through my yard every night. We even have an albino skunk that comes through every so often. (pure white)

I have been sitting on my porch at around 10PM and they walk right past me without even flinching. My father got the bright idea to throw some gingersnap cookies out into the yard for all the wild critters we get around here. No kidding, that night we had like 10 skunks in the yard.

They have only sprayed near the house twice. . .once because an idiot neighbor from a block over was out walking his dog late at night (even asked to use our hose, yeah. . nope) and another because the neighbors dog spooked one.

I would be happy to see a skunk around here, that's not dead from my brothers dog.

Also, I read this...
because the neighbors dog spooked one.
as "...the neighbors dog spoke to one" :lol:

Also, That would be awesome to see a pure white skunk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back