New teddy bear has brought new feelings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterRabbit

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
I recently had a teddy bear given to me by my girlfriend. As a child I never had teddybears, plushies or anything like that so have never been attached to them or saw much appeal. I remember having a friend who had a teddybear with him all the time and I thought it was rather dumb (This was when I was 6 or 7 years old mind you)

But over the past few weeks since she's given me this bear, I've gradually discovered this part of me that feels so warm and safe whenever he's with me. It's gradually gotten to the point where he sits with me when I watch T.V and even sleeps with me a lot of the time. I feel a bit like he's an actual friend. I've found this so weird because usually when I'm big, I temporarily lose all interest in my Little things. I generally have a strong personality as a big and feel pretty masculine around my girlfriend, friends and colleagues.. I also have a lot of other things in my life that I'm always preoccupied with which takes my mind off it completely so my desire to feel little goes away.
Also, although my girlfriend loves my little side, she loves my adult/masculine side much more, so sometimes I try not to let my little behaviours leak over to my adult side. I've felt a bit bad wanting to sleep with my bear and keep him with me a lot because I feel it has changed who I thought I was a little bit and I think about where it will go from here... Is this something anybody else has experienced or can identify with?

Yeah, I've always had a teddy bear that my parents apparently bought the day I was born :) I started to explore my interests of regression when I was 14 and I started sleeping with my teddy again. My parents never mentioned it.. Not too sure what they thought of it but they never made any attempt to stop me :)

Well you can probably guess from my avatar that me and teddy are pretty good mates :) truth is, if I could (without being unfairly judged) I'd carry him everywhere. It's not weird to feel a kind of connection, or to associate feelings of friendship. My teddy is a huge source of comfort, and it's extra nice cause he was also given to me by my partner.

ozbub said:
Well you can probably guess from my avatar that me and teddy are pretty good mates :) truth is, if I could (without being unfairly judged) I'd carry him everywhere. It's not weird to feel a kind of connection, or to associate feelings of friendship. My teddy is a huge source of comfort, and it's extra nice cause he was also given to me by my partner.

Thats nice to hear that he was also given to you by your partner:) I was lucky enough to have mine made for me so I suppose thats another reason he's become so special! perhaps Im just worried that by letting my little-ness leak out to my adult behaviours more and more, it would potentially make my partner think of me less as a partner and more of her little one haha! there's usually a clear divide between me being little and big and I just dont want her to see the big me differently (if that makes sense)... Thats just a silly insecurity I guess..

That's quite sweet really, I don't use a teddy but I used to as a child even as a teenager he would be under the pillow, I still have him but I don't think I could play with him any more even as an AB I think it would be a distracting reminder of my real age as he is very battered now. Maybe I should get a larger teddy for adult me that would be easier to snuggle with

PeterRabbit said:
Thats nice to hear that he was also given to you by your partner:) I was lucky enough to have mine made for me so I suppose thats another reason he's become so special! perhaps Im just worried that by letting my little-ness leak out to my adult behaviours more and more, it would potentially make my partner think of me less as a partner and more of her little one haha! there's usually a clear divide between me being little and big and I just dont want her to see the big me differently (if that makes sense)... Thats just a silly insecurity I guess..

I think it's very possible for both to coexist. The more she sees of each of your personas the more comfortable she'll become with shifting easily between the two. For me, the little is always present at some level. We just learn when it's appropriate to allow it to come forward. Your partner will learn to recognise traits and respond accordingly. I guess it's possible in the beginning for your little to go overboard with enthusiasm given new found freedom, but that would settle as the somber realities of responsibility bite. I'm recommending that you embrace every chance for happiness possible :hugs:

Me ex mommy just sent me back my teddy bear and I never thought I would become so attached to something. Granted, I have other stuffies that I love but since I have gotten the bear back, I just really love cuddling with it. I even put a bib and pin on it :) While it is devastating dealing with the loss of my ex mommy I was glad she sent my teddy back because I never realized how much I miss it

I never had any as a child, but I had a friend of mine who bought me a bear for Christmas last year, and since then I've become really attached to it. It sort of transitioned me from purely dl to about 50-50 abdl. Stuffies are fantastic.

noahVmiller said:
Me ex mommy just sent me back my teddy bear and I never thought I would become so attached to something. Granted, I have other stuffies that I love but since I have gotten the bear back, I just really love cuddling with it. I even put a bib and pin on it :) While it is devastating dealing with the loss of my ex mommy I was glad she sent my teddy back because I never realized how much I miss it

I'm glad she did that as it was the right thing to do. It sounds like it was a kind thing to do.

I was adopted at the age of two, and I can remember having two teddy bears, one new and the other one, well worn. I think I had the old worn bear, maybe from the adoption orphanage, and I must have been attached to it. My new parents probably either bought a new one for me, or it may have been a gift for when I was adopted. At the age of 4, I had to give them up because I was diagnosed with severe allergies and I was very upset about that.

When I was six, I was running home from a friends house and I tripped over something and stubbed my toe so severely that I lost the nail. I can remember crying and asking for my teddy bear back, and my mom went out and bought me a new teddy bear: sort of damn the allergies.

So several years ago, I was shopping with my wife at Toys R Us for presents for our grandchildren, and we came to the plushies. They had a large teddy bear and my wife asked if I would like it. I said yes, and he magically appeared as a Christmas present. I sleep every night with him, along with two other plushies, but he's my favorite.

I love my teddy bears too.
:hug:

Xunlaochi7 said:
I never had any as a child, but I had a friend of mine who bought me a bear for Christmas last year, and since then I've become really attached to it. It sort of transitioned me from purely dl to about 50-50 abdl. Stuffies are fantastic.

It's funny how that happens! a good feeling :)

ozbub said:
I think it's very possible for both to coexist. The more she sees of each of your personas the more comfortable she'll become with shifting easily between the two. For me, the little is always present at some level. We just learn when it's appropriate to allow it to come forward. Your partner will learn to recognise traits and respond accordingly. I guess it's possible in the beginning for your little to go overboard with enthusiasm given new found freedom, but that would settle as the somber realities of responsibility bite. I'm recommending that you embrace every chance for happiness possible :hugs:

Wise words ozbub! I'm starting to realise that the little is always present in me too, whether or not I'm concious of it or completely preoccupied with adult responsibilities. I think having a bear with me at home most of the time has been a constant reminder of my little, whereas before I didnt have anything to act as that reminder (maybe my paci but I'm not *as* attached to it)

A funny coincidence: I'm off work today but my partner/mummy isnt. So just before she left the house while I was still in bed she brought my teddy to me and put him in bed with me and kissed me on the forehead. I didn't feel little at all this morning until that moment... Seems she's started to see the improvement he's made too!:hug:

Haha that's awesome. :)

dogboy said:
So several years ago, I was shopping with my wife at Toys R Us for presents for our grandchildren, and we came to the plushies. They had a large teddy bear and my wife asked if I would like it. I said yes, and he magically appeared as a Christmas present. I sleep every night with him, along with two other plushies, but he's my favorite.

She's a real sweetheart.

I sleep with bear bear every nite .
Teddy bear's help me feel safe yes he is well worn but he my buddy.

PeterRabbit said:
Also, although my girlfriend loves my little side, she loves my adult/masculine side much more, so sometimes I try not to let my little behaviours leak over to my adult side. I've felt a bit bad wanting to sleep with my bear and keep him with me a lot because I feel it has changed who I thought I was a little bit and I think about where it will go from here... Is this something anybody else has experienced or can identify with?
Nah, don't feel bad. In your personal home bring or take your teddy bear where ever you want. Unless, perhaps you're having friends, family, company, etc visit, then maybe leave your teddy in the bedroom. Otherwise, it's your home :)

That said, I've taken my stuffed animals with me to a number of places. "Big Red" my foot and a half tall Groudon pokemon, and main cuddle buddy, has gone with me to anime conventions, the Pokemon symphonic music concert, on airplane flights, car rides, and to friends' houses (they're fine with him). I even had a couple of different stuffed animals with me, at one particular place, where I worked. It was a telephone technical support position where I had a cubical desk. Management at this company was fine with personal items in your work area, as long as they could be stowed in a desk drawer, in the event that executive management visited.

In my opinion, almost everyone realizes everyone else had a bit of a childish side. Whether it is say Nyan cat on a t-shirt, getting super excited over news and photos on Pluto, or having fun in ball pit with a child. So there is nothing wrong with having a personal attachment to a teddy bear, at all. It's just a matter of manners and social etiquette.

----------------

Writing this post also made me recall an interesting YouTube video I saw. Michael Stevens, of the Vsause youtube channel, has a video which he titled The science of awkwardness. I think it's tangentially related to this topic since it seems you're feeling perhaps a bit awkward towards liking your teddy bear. Maybe give it a watch :)

My bears, "Howard Hug" and "Poopy" help me feel safe and loved while I sleep.

BluMew said:
[...]
Writing this post also made me recall an interesting YouTube video I saw. Michael Stevens, of the Vsause youtube channel, has a video which he titled The science of awkwardness. I think it's tangentially related to this topic since it seems you're feeling perhaps a bit awkward towards liking your teddy bear. Maybe give it a watch :)

I'll take a look at that thanks! :)

I have a pillow that is a plush fox (like, it's a plushie that's wide enough to rest your head on), so I usually sleep with that and it's nice.

ozbub said:
This is me! I really wish I could carry my bear everywhere too! But people just would be so mean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back