Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I may need to get better diapers.

Default I may need to get better diapers.

I've been using store brand "adjustable briefs" for a while now. I didn't have much trouble with them until recently, though. The last couple packs I've gotten don't seem to hold as well, and they leak with anything more than a moderately-sized wetting. And I'm not talking about little circles on my short, but a gigantic wet patch.

The reason I'm using these is because they're cheap and I have easy access to them, but I'm wondering if I should just bite the bullet and get better, more expensive ones (especially if my bladder control keeps going down like it has been the past few months).

I do have a question, though. I don't want to ship to my house, so are there any stores that I can ship quality diapers to from their website? Or better yet, does the post office do a "hold for pickup" thing? I know FedEx and UPS do, but I don't know how.
    Last edited by BabyPandora; 20-Jul-2015 at 04:31. Reason: Typo

HI BabyPandora! Most of the shipping companies have an option for 'Hold for Pickup," although it may not be expressed exactly that way. The best thing is to check with the shippers in your area and determine if they will hold for
    pickup, and if they will, be sure to get their address, and 'hold for pickup' info. Then use their address as the shipping address, and keep a close watch on the shipping information including the tracking number supplied by the shipper.
    Good choices are FedEx, UPS. If you have other shippers in your area, then check with them before you specify a shipping address.

If you order better quality diapers from say, NorthShore, XPMedical, Bambino, or other suppliers ofter mentioned in one thread or another, you should not have any problem having your order held for pickup at whatever shipper you,
    or the company you ordered from uses.

The best answer to your question is of course, check to see what shipper is being used, then check with that company for 'hold for pickup information.'

Would defiantly recommend getting some premium diapers like Dry 24/7 or Abena level 4 diapers, get some samples shipped to you to make sure you get the correct fit.

I have switched %100 to the Dry 24/7 they fit me the best.

You won't be biting any kind of bullet by switching to premium diapers. Those store brand diapers are cheaper per piece, but as I have said in other threads, you will go through a lot less. You will go through 5-7 diapers per day of the cheap stuff. I wear and use Dry 24/7. They have a good fit for me. I only go through a maximum of 3 diapers per day. The savings really add up. Plus, these diapers are comfortable. They don't feel wet when wet.

When shopping online it's always cheaper to buy by the case. If you don't want it shipped to your house, you can always have it sent to a UPS Store or FedEx Office. They'll accept and hold your package until you can conveniently pick them up. There is a $5 fee for the service.

Dry24/7 diapers run large so if you usually are in between sizes, I would suggest to get the mediums, because the diapers run large. It's a gem for me because I usually are between sizes and they fit perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by MeTaLMaNN1983 View Post
    You won't be biting any kind of bullet by switching to premium diapers. Those store brand diapers are cheaper per piece, but as I have said in other threads, you will go through a lot less. You will go through 5-7 diapers per day of the cheap stuff. I wear and use Dry 24/7. They have a good fit for me. I only go through a maximum of 3 diapers per day. The savings really add up. Plus, these diapers are comfortable. They don't feel wet when wet.

When shopping online it's always cheaper to buy by the case. If you don't want it shipped to your house, you can always have it sent to a UPS Store or FedEx Office. They'll accept and hold your package until you can conveniently pick them up. There is a $5 fee for the service.

Dry24/7 diapers run large so if you usually are in between sizes, I would suggest to get the mediums, because the diapers run large. It's a gem for me because I usually are between sizes and they fit perfectly.
    Great! So I'd be able to go through an 8 hour work shift without changing? I have about two moderate sized wettings a day (one for each 20 oz bottle of Dr. Pepper I drink lol). I also have to move around a lot, would the tapes hold up well?

The medium ones hold pretty well. The padding doesn't shift around at all. The thing is that I usually wear a form fitting onesie with some of those athletic stretchy underwear over them to help keep the integrity of the diaper. I drive 18 wheelers for a living so I'm sitting down most of the day. I also wear plastic pants just in case. Since I'm a DL, I usually stuff my diapers with boosters. Just because I like them thick. I would say they will get you through an 8 hour shift, my shifts are between 8-14 hours long. My boosted diapers usually get the job done. I would keep a spare in the car just in case, but it would be most likely unneeded, but you never know sometimes.

I seriously think you should invest in a onesie and athletic underwear (The Stretchy underwear like Under Armour). There's cheaper ones from Starter available from Wal-Mart. Even if your not an AB, the onesie really helps. This way you'll be discreet, and help your diaper perform better. It will keep your diaper from sagging and drooping from the weight. I've been using Dry 24/7 exclusively since they've relaunched. I love them!

XP Medical offers onesies (aka body stocking) and some form fitting underwear. You can get everything from there, and you know you'll have great, fast, and discreet service.

Is it difficult to move in a Dry 24/7 when they're wet? Will there be a noticeable waddle?

Quote Originally Posted by BabyPandora View Post
    Is it difficult to move in a Dry 24/7 when they're wet? Will there be a noticeable waddle?
    They do swell quite a bit when wet. Though not super bulky, still could be a little risky to wear when wet while out and about.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnythepony View Post
    They do swell quite a bit when wet. Though not super bulky, still could be a little risky to wear when wet while out and about.
    What about Abena M4's? Are they better to wear outside the house?

Quote Originally Posted by BabyPandora View Post
    What about Abena M4's? Are they better to wear outside the house?
    They are my everyday diaper, the M4 is pretty absorbent and for the most part easily hidden underneath regular clothing.