Thread: LGBTQ advice

Default LGBTQ advice

* MATURE POST* I haven't had a relationship in a long time but in the past years I've questioned myself. I in all honesty am not one for seeking partnership but as all humans require to some extent an instance of love ^^. I guess that I've become more....wanting per say, in the past year. I sometimes like to r34. Thou I can be aroused as much as disgusted with my self and I don't know what to think. I've also never had the experience of experimenting with others. I want a boyfriend but I don't know if I'm ready.

So what have you been through, what did you do?

Some people actually might not be gay even though they sometimes watch erotica with that theme or sometimes imagine having sex with someone of the same gender.
    But since you seem to have thought about having a boyfriend, yeah. Why not. You might also be bisexual or pansexual.

Best advice for this; don't worry about it and go where your heart leads you. I'm suuuuuuuuuper gay and I wish I had thought of it at your age I was kinda confused until I was like 22? It's good to see you're on to something haha, it's part of growing up and a part of human life.

Been there with your thoughts and feelings at your age.
    Being of the older generation, I had to pound down my Gay desires, due to family/cultural hostility until after my parents passed-on.
    You are still young, and it will take time to sort yourself out.

I had my first gay relationship when I was 18, my Freshman year at college. This was way back in 1966 and there was so much negativity attached to being gay, that my first encounter upset me, but I knew it was something I wanted. As it turned out, my first encounter became my SO and we had a close relationship during our college years. You'll never know until you try and there's a lot more social acceptance now than there was 50 years ago.

Hello, Flutters, and welcome to Adisc.

I've always found it interesting that our whole human race seems so preoccupied with sex. Unfortunately we tend to let it define who we are, or how we see ourselves. Sexual desires are a normal and healthy part of our lives. You are still at such a young age and it can take time to see where you fit in. Take the time. You don't need to put a label on yourself about whether you're gay, straight or bi. Your sexual orientation is only one aspect of who you are as a complete person. There are also a number of support and advocacy groups who can help you sort out your feelings without trying to push you in any direction. You are who you are, just don't deny yourself the pleasures of life you deserve. The homophobes are either dying off or losing badly in the courts around same sex marriages.

I really don't want you to go through what I went through at your age. I spent most of my years living alone because I was in denial about being gay. I had a relationship with a partner but we lived in secret from the rest of the world. Eventually the pressure was too much for himself and he took his own life. It devastated me and I suffered from depression and spent years trying to find a psychiatrist who could 'cure' my gay tendencies. After many years, I realized that I could only love others if I could accept myself.

While heterosexuality is common in our society, it does not make other relationships any less valid.I've always believed that we are all on a continuum with our sexual preferences, and that our place on that continuum can shift over time. It can also take time to figure out where you are on this continuum, and that's okay. There's no rush. This is not a simple 'decision' to be made, but rather a journey on which to embark.
    Last edited by Starrunner; 21-Jul-2015 at 23:43.

Yes, there is a continuum of sexuality. Most humans are straight, but there are also Bisexuals and Homosexuals like myself.
    Being Gay is not all about sex, which is what the homophobes obsess over all the time.
    Sex is just one aspect of a relationship.
    There are other factors, such as attraction, love, caring, and commitment, which are important for long-term relationship stability.