Wearing Diapers in the car

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordFluffybuttz

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
So I'm going to Maine in a few weeks and it's a long ride. I don't have any plans on wetting but if I had to I could, then again I'd be to scared they'd smell it. I kinda want to wear a diaper on the way up and at night. I'm nervous because I'll be with my family and they don't know I like diapers. I also want to wear in public sometimes. ^^

Did you have a similar experience and if so how did you go about either doing or not doing it.

Last edited:
You could possibly tell them that you've in the past had uncomfortable times holding when rest stops are further apart then expected and you wore one just in case.

Also, since rest stops may be far apart, you may be sitting in a wet diaper for awhile. And changing at a rest stop can be less than private sometimes. The smell probably won't be an issue.

Changing at a rest stop on the interstate should not be a problem. There are usually multiple toilets and at least one handicap-accessible one that you can use for changing. Just bring a bag in the rest stop with you with a clean diaper, powder, wipes and other supplies when you go to change. Make sure you have enough disposable diapers to last your trip. As others have said, I don't think smell will be an issue.

Last edited:
^I' just saying privacy may be an issue as there is a gap at the bottom of the stall and if her mom or sister is in the next one something might be seen or heard - "crinkle, crinkle*

Yea, and not to mention having to carry the diaper to the trash from the stale. Lol!

If you don't plan on wetting, something like a GoodNite would be alright. Wear a long t-shirt or keep your shirt tucked in to keep everything covered.

If you do have any intention of wetting, make sure you're wearing something you can trust for how much you plan to let out. You don't want to have to explain a wet patch on your pants to family members. But also remember, the thicker the diaper, the more noticeable it's going to be. Plastic-backed ones might emit a crinkle others can hear.

Also have a plan for disposal. If you're going to be sharing a hotel room with family, for instance, you probably won't want to leave used diapers in the little trash cans in the room, even if they are bagged. If you carry a backpack, you can take them with you until you can toss them discretely.

Finally, a few more words of caution. Take care if you'll be travelling with other males and may be entering public restrooms at the same time. You'll probably want to use a stall over a urinal without a divider as a precaution. (I'm a girl, so I don't really know that much in that department though :rolleyes:) Diaper crinkle might be audible while removing it in a restroom stall, so keep that in mind too - and those silly gaps often present between stall doors. Family probably won't be staring at you through them, but again, something to keep in mind. Maybe take a stall farther away so they won't have to walk past you on the way out, if you're concerned.

I hope this didn't scare you out of your plans!

^^ no, thanks for the reinforcement! I'm just worried about trying something new.

I was in the same exact position this past week. I was going to North Carolina with my friends family and since I have to pee more than most guys my age I figured a diaper would be helpful. Unfortunately, for whatever reason, when it came time to use it I just couldn't. No matter how hard I tried my bladder just wouldn't allow it and I had to go BAD. So I just had to suffer for another 2 1/2 hours. sigh.
Anyways, I wouldn't worry about the smell, in my experience it's almost never noticeable. If you've mastered wetting while sitting, I say go for it.

Just make sure you get a premium proper fitting diaper and you should be ok, remember leaks while sitting can happen if you flood to quickly or the diaper is not snug and proper size.

I have wetted about 10 times or more in the car over the last 8 months fortunately my diaper did not leak,,I have been looking for a water proof car seat cover that's black to batch my seat cover. i would recommend you also cat a seat protector as a just incase.

I haven't found one yet, I guess I could use a small bed pad but a white pad would be way to noticeable in the car

I also have to worry about fidgeting because, well me being a guy I can overheat down there so I might also want to powder up as well. THEN they might smell the powder but that could be explained.

- - - Updated - - -

I also want to get a good diaper because they're easier to change if I do accidentally wet myself. All I have are pull-ups. Gawd if only they made a Goodnites with Tabs that would be perfect!

OP, sometimes, from my personal experiences, worrying about diapers when you don't need to be really can ruin a trip. You should enjoy the trip, and celebrate like crazy when you get home. I had one of my weeklong camping trips ruined when I was a lot younger, just because I wanted to wear diapers. best of luck to you!

I also sometimes can have a shy bladder, so I won't know to go until I stand up and then I have to immediately go.

I often wear in a bus or a train because I have some sort of anxiety-related bladder problem. I cannot pee in the train toilet or bus toilet, but I can wet my nappies and change them. No one will hear me change anyway since it's loud in those vehicles :3 Sometimes it has been convenient to take them for a daytrip to the town, and change in a toilet I know already. I would not wet in a car where ppl don't know I'm wearing. I'd only wet if it was okay with everyone or if I was actually incon.

Depending on the diaper, it will take awhile before the pee would start to smell, but I would suggest to skip the diapers and focus on the vacation. I don't know if you would be rooming with said family, but it would be better not dealing with the paranoia of being found out.

You have a 2 part question: the drive and overnight.

The premium diapers would be nearly impossible on the trip. The sound they make in a public restroom is rather noticeable. Pull-ups would be discrete, but impossible to change. A person could wear multiple pull ups and just remove the soiled one. Now, my solution would be either a high end adult pull-up or a Velcro type mid-range diaper. Tena makes the stretch and flex which are both good for public restroom use, easy to change, and very discrete. Just do not flood the flex. Now, will your family find it odd that you need a backpack to use the restroom? Mine would.

Overnight, we do not know what arrangements you will have or what privacy you can get. Sharing a motel room makes things much harder. Folding the diaper into the pajamas and changing in the bathroom is easy. I used to wear long t-shirts and pajama pants to bed and could hide a pull-up under mine. Wearing a male night gown and pajama pants, I can hide premium diapers easily but the sound could be an issue. The Tena stretch may be a good option. Keeping diapers out of sight in a suitcase is a whole other issue.

I have done what you are considering. It can be done. It is not something I would recommend. The entire trip, I was paranoid about someone noticing, took extra time in the bathroom, and had trouble enjoying the trip. My nervousness both made me have to go more and made my family curious what was up. Taking extra time in the restroom also annoyed my family. We had places to go.

This is your trip. Are you wanting to enjoy the trip or diapers? Which is more important? If you want to enjoy the trip, leave the diapers at home. If you choose diapers, you will not enjoy either. Have fun.

Ok do you want them to find out good chance they will.
If you do not then dont do it wait till you have your privacy.
Your young yet have patience when your out on your own you can do what you like.
Do you want your family rembering this trip as the one they found out you wore diapers.
All the best.

keep in mind sitting greatly increases the risk of leaking. Definitely go with a premium diaper if you have any expectation of using it.

I just went to Maine last week! Beautiful state! If you're near York, check out Dunne's Ice Cream!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back