Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: dry 24/7 tape experament

Default dry 24/7 tape experament

so as many are aware the tapes don't always stay where they are or put I should say , so after constant blow outs as I call them and waking up half way through the night and re-taping or just plain sitting on the couch and moving and having a "blow out" and noticing the white so called second chance tapes seem to stay a bit better when I re-tape I decided to only use those and see if they work better .since I can be diapered when ever I please outside work im gonna try it for the next whit and see . has anyone else done this would love to hear any others feed back if they have . thanks and happy diapered times to all

My current batch for Dry 24/7's have had better tapes then the previous 3 batch's, but I still use Ducktape to reinforce the diapers tapes and at night I wear pair of underwear over the diaper to help keep it in place most nights.

I really think most diaper tapes don't really handle activity well (ie tossing and turning at night) so reenforcing the tapes is always a good idea

I'm baffled by these complaints about 24/7 tapes being bad. Maybe I've been lucky but of the three bags I've gone through there hasn't been a single problem with the tapes. I'm using larges, maybe that's the difference, I don't know - just seems odd to hear all these issues.

Abena seem to be the only ones I don't struggle with constant blowouts with.

Duct Tape! I haven't tried the new 24/7s but most diaper tapes fail the healthy active adult test. I find some require landing zones made from duct tape to hold well and others need the tape over their tapes to keep them in place. I buy inexpensive white duct tape from Ocean State Job Lot so it doesn't ruin the effect of a nice white diaper.

I've wondered if clear packing tape would work as well as Duct tape. If it did, you wouldn't really see it.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    I've wondered if clear packing tape would work as well as Duct tape. If it did, you wouldn't really see it.
    When I need it (which is not often), I use clear packing tape. I probably use a bit more than I would if I used duct tape (I have never used duct tape for my diapers).

I've been through 3 or 4 cases of medium Dry24/7 diapers. I've yet to come across any tape issues. Maybe you guys are taping these things too tightly?

Quote Originally Posted by MeTaLMaNN1983 View Post
    I've been through 3 or 4 cases of medium Dry24/7 diapers. I've yet to come across any tape issues. Maybe you guys are taping these things too tightly?
    I would submit that unless you're dealing with diaper neophytes, diapers should perform at the level people expect from their experience with other brands. I'm only a very occasional Dry 24/7 user and the tapes didn't impress me, although they were more reliable than XP Medical's A+. I have friends who like them as diapers but they consider extra tape to be a standard requirement to avoid mishaps.

I have repeatedly stated that I have had trouble with the tapes on the medium 24/7s. Recently one of the diapers upon unfolding had the tape opened up and stuck to the shell. Needless to say, the tape was now worthless. Since I now lace my diapers front and rear with " elastic, tapes are no longer an issue for me.
    Last edited by Kenn; 20-Aug-2015 at 13:56.