Leakage from diapers not holding all the #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scifer555

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
How do you handle it? Plastic pants? Another diaper over the first? A better brand? I've only had access to baby/big kid diapers that fit, and small/medium depends. Yes depends aren't great but they do work... sometimes. I can now buy online but I just need money and if I get this job... I'll have cash. For now I am selling things and doing odd jobs but I can't hold onto money like I want to. I end up being forced to spend it because I need it for emergency food.

To get premium diapers like Dry 24/7 that have way better absorbancy then depends. You will have to order online, if you are in Canada you can order from Agecomfort or in the U.S. Try xpmedical I have never tried xpmedical but have heard they are good to deal with.

Dry 24/7's or Abena level 4 diapers with cost you more but will last longer then the depends and you will have less leaks then with the thin depends.

I have switched to almost 100% of the Time to Dry 24/7's

I'm still struggling with leakages from Comficares too, although people say they won't even leak when sitting. Plastic pants or even a bigger sized (L) Comfi over the first one OR double diapering (L over an M with holes) didn't work for me at all. When you are out of options, you can only resort to change more often.

better diapers, better taping technique, changing when you need to, understanding the limits of disposables/sitting, how to wear while laying down, watching out for floods, there are lots of angles to not leaking a disposable even when just wearing a diaper with no additional precautions.

If you're having trouble with leaks, I'd try switching to cloth diapers. You can fine-tune your absorbency and save money in the long run.

Thanks guys, I appreciate the input! I live in America so that should give you an idea of my options.

I know people swear by premium and ABDL-targeted diapers, but I get by just fine with the generic store brand at Walmart. (Assurance, same as Walgreen Certainty and the CVS brand) They are comfortable, discreet, and can usually hold a couple of wettings for me.

The real trick- for males at least -is to point down and I mean really tuck it down, and to only let a small trickle out at a time. After the stream starts, do not exert any pressure at all. If the stream starts to get to be too much, or you start to feel it pooling, stop the stream. It is even better if you only let enough out to the the point that you do not feel the need to go anymore than completely emptying your bladder. This will give the diaper time to absorb and wick away the moisture. Trust me, you do this often enough and it will become second nature to just trickle as you need to and will rarely leak due to flooding.

Yeah, better diapers. Baby/big kid diapers simply aren't designed to hold adult pee output levels. Depends are quite frankly just crap and can't handle flooding, they are meant more for slow leak incontinenece and can't handle sudden output such as you would get with urge incontinence

LittleAaron said:
I know people swear by premium and ABDL-targeted diapers, but I get by just fine with the generic store brand at Walmart. (Assurance, same as Walgreen Certainty and the CVS brand) They are comfortable, discreet, and can usually hold a couple of wettings for me.

The real trick- for males at least -is to point down and I mean really tuck it down, and to only let a small trickle out at a time. After the stream starts, do not exert any pressure at all. If the stream starts to get to be too much, or you start to feel it pooling, stop the stream. It is even better if you only let enough out to the the point that you do not feel the need to go anymore than completely emptying your bladder. This will give the diaper time to absorb and wick away the moisture. Trust me, you do this often enough and it will become second nature to just trickle as you need to and will rarely leak due to flooding.

True from LittleAaron! Just trickle out a bit at a time. I have used Depend pull up before and let go an entire load first on the plane while it was landing and then when getting the rental car and then while driving. The entire wetting was over a 45 minute period but I was totally relieved and no leaks. By the time I checked into the hotel the depend underbrief was bulging and sagging a bit but all the moisture was locked up from front to back. I decided to keep my soaked underbrief on with my plastic underpants and take a 2 hour nap (after putting my plastic mattress cover on the bed). I woke up quite glad that there was no leakage and my protection did the job!

if you empty your bladder, if it's full one and you flood, any diaper regardless of brand will leak.

Me, in the beginning when I started with OAB, I would flood as well, and a comficare would leak on mee too. Now I tend to never go in larger volumes than 200ml. and thats in the morning, and I never experience diaper leaks anymore, only if it's soaked and I sit down.
Plastic pants are good to add on, due to them being a last barrier

Any diaper can and will leak, but like Nottheaverageman said over time your bladder will shrink and your floodings will be smaller in volume. In the mean time when you wet try to slow down the stream if you can. I have been wearing for over 8 months now and still randomly start to pee and I have noticed my volume has really been reduced over time.
Make sure your diaper snug to your body but not overly snug and try not to worry leaks may happen but over time from wearing 24/7 and using your diaper for its job you will see a reduced volume but will pee more often

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back